[Dec 15][SD]Moto-Mytouch 4G V0.4alpha[Kernel hastarin r8.5.3]

Search This thread

dung8604

Sep 8, 2010
Dude you're awesome. Willing to test on my end. Not sure how to make them, but would logs help? I can learn.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

dailomac

Nov 2, 2010
Orinda
Im also down to test this rom.. I love the mytouch4g rom better the hd desire

Sent from my HD2 via the XDA App

D

-deuces-

ive been waiting for this ever since the first mdeejay build dropped, thanks

D

-deuces-

animations!!!

awesome animations when opening and exiting apps, but the ones in the settings menu are a lil bit too much

motoman234

Retired Recognized Developer
May 20, 2010
Tulsa, Oklahoma
If you guys find any important bugs or fixes please let me know. Maybe by PM? I will keep messing around with it in the meantime to see if I can fix some of the bugs too. Thanks guys.

casemandan

Oct 12, 2010
L.I. NY
Well the keyboard doesnt work for me... Looks like it doesnt come up when trying to enter text ... not in the market... not in the messages... oh well ... maybe needs more restarts... done 2 so far

motoman234

May 20, 2010
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Well the keyboard doesnt work for me... Looks like it doesnt come up when trying to enter text ... not in the market... not in the messages... oh well ... maybe needs more restarts... done 2 so far

The stock touch input? That's really strange, I haven't had that error at all (out of at least 30 fresh boots). Let me know how another reboot does. Maybe something didn't go right on the first boot. Maybe a new data.img is needed? Did you use a pre-data.img or did you let it create it on its own? I always use a pre-applied 512mb.

casemandan

Oct 12, 2010
L.I. NY
The stock touch input? That's really strange, I haven't had that error at all (out of at least 30 fresh boots). Let me know how another reboot does. Maybe something didn't go right on the first boot. Maybe a new data.img is needed? Did you use a pre-data.img or did you let it create it on its own? I always use a pre-applied 512mb.
I started from scratch .. let it do everything by itself....
i can try to install swype see how that works

motoman234

May 20, 2010
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I started from scratch .. let it do everything by itself....
i can try to install swype see how that works

So you were talking about the "touch input"? Also, go to your messages and longpress on an empty field and click on input method. Then select touch input. I bet there just wasn't a keyboard selected for some reason. It uses swype by default but I deleted it from the system since it was expired so that is probably the problem.

casemandan

Oct 12, 2010
L.I. NY
So you were talking about the "touch input"? Also, go to your messages and longpress on an empty field and click on input method. Then select touch input. I bet there just wasn't a keyboard selected for some reason. It uses swype by default but I deleted it from the system since it was expired so that is probably the problem.
yeah i did that first too... no change...
i copied a new fresh image file and ill start again .. see how it goes

bjcolema

Feb 22, 2008
Thank you so much! There are some lags, but I am one of the ones that much prefers this to the HD builds. Thank you for picking this up. It looks great, and I love the dialer and Fav functionality. It's also more responsive for me than the HD builds.

jaidedfocus

Jun 7, 2010
Tampa
Been using this since last night and enjoying it so far. No real big bugs to post. At least nothing that has stopped me from using my phone.

Data connection has been good so far just using 3G. Haven't noticed any drops yet. Usually when I install a build that's the first thing I check. I go in to Market and allow it to install apps using just a 3G connection to see if its fast or hangs up and so far it hasn't. Will post more in due time.

Sent from my glacier using XDA App

dailomac

Nov 2, 2010
Orinda
im have been using this build since last night.. and i couldnt get it to connect on my wifi at home.. it would lag and not connect.. but overall i like the build.. i was wondering what happened to the swype that came with the ROM..

Ashtac

Nov 9, 2008
How can I install the visual voicemail Tmobile app on this build? I tried everything I usually try.... by the way awesome build!

Sent from my glacier using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have been wondering for awhile why no one was working with this ROM anymore. I really like the UI and it is perfect for those on T-Mobile. Since I have not heard anything from M-deejay about his Glacier build (He's probably working on Android 2.3) I figured we could come together to get this thing running perfectly. When booting up please keep in mind where the Desire HD builds came from and where they are now. They were TERRIBLY laggy at first and now they run really smooth. I have tried to keep this relatively stock with a few graphical changes that were to my liking. I also fattened up the system.ext2 file (around 50mb extra) so it will give us plenty of room to play around with. I will trim everything down when more things are fixed. Any devs and testers willing to help?

What's NOT working?
    - Wifi calling (I removed it for now, it was taking up a HUGE amount of memory)
    - You tell me?

What is working?
    - 5mp camera with flash & face detection now works
    - Mostly everything (Please let me know if you find something that isn't so we can work to get it fixed)
    - Most of the new T-Mobile apps should work now (Most require Wifi)

Fixes & tips
    - If you have any data issues and are on T-Mobile, go into "Wireless & networks" and choose the other APN that is in the list.
    - To get 7 home screens instead of the 5 that comes stock, go into settings>>personalize and change "Home screen pages".

Things to know!!!!
    - You might (possibly) notice things lagging a bit, and if you find something that is causing any of it please let me know. Thanks!
    - If you find something wrong or find something that will benefit the ROM please let me know too. If people want to do this I will add a list at the bottom with who fixed what (that's only fair)

***The main things I need help with are***

(1) If you find something that may be causing the lag, please let me know :)

(2) For some reason HSDPA seems to be stuck on all the time (at least for me) so if you see what is wrong please let me know, it may just be because its a 4G ROM.

***First boot setup***
    - After you boot up and log into everything in the setup, please wait until the sync icon in the status bar goes away to unlock the phone. Even after this you will notice some lag because if you like it or not the build will install all your apps from the market so this can take some time. After everything is done syncing and installing everything, please reboot your phone. When you boot back up you should be good to go but PLEASE don't unlock the phone until the sync icon goes away on first boot.

If upgrading from V0.3 you should be able to keep the same data.img
    DOWNLOAD V0.4
    http://www.multiupload.com/D1TAFBHFCC

If your wanting to run this build from SD with MAGLDR please see this post.

Changelog in post#2

A HUGE thanks for some of the fixes
    -vua777 (Camera fix)
    -M-deejay (Camcorder fix)
    -iamgpc (Camcorder fix)

Special HUGE thanks to

- M-deejay
    - Cotulla
    - Letama
    - rujelus22
    - Sergio76
    - teamsilence
    - NOTXEL21
    - infinitybiff
    - Riptide9
    - Darkstone
    - BrightSilence
    - Scabes24
    - Phiredrop
    - Gho57
    - mattfmartin
    - heartsurfer008
    - mmafighter077
    - others I'm forgetting
    Changelog

CHANGELOG V0.1
    - Initial release

CHANGELOG V0.2
    - Added Camera fix from vua777
    - Added Camcorder fix from iamgpc and M-deejay
    - Using MDJ S7.7HD now
    - Video playback no works (Maybe 720p, haven't tried)
    - Upped the dalvik heap size to 32 to make things a little smoother
    - A couple minor changes

CHANGELOG V0.3
    - Fixed camera green tint issue
    - Fixed weird camera resolution issue
    - Fixed faves
    - Fixed all contacts bugs
    - Updated to brand new Android Market (really cool)
    - Updated all packages
    - Switched to hastarin r8.5.3
    - A couple other things, should be more stable now

CHANGELOG V0.4
    - Cleaned the whole system up a bit for speed
    - Knocked off about 100mb of system.ext2 size
    - Tweaked animations a bit
    - Added Nexus S live wallpaper
    - Removed a few unnecessary apps from system (only ones you can get from the market)
    - Hopefully fixed Adobe Flash (Worked for me)
    I used a MAGLDR compatible rootfs.img -- ill share it here when i get access to PC

EDIT: Rootfs.img is attached that is from MDJ HD4.6 to run on MAGLDR but it also works with this ROM

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App
    Moto,

Any idea when your NAND version of this great build will be?

Please make it compatible with Tmous and have it as a direct download.

I'm about to see if Imilkas's Tmous version is up to par.

I hope you can have yours up and running soon!

Thanks!

Its almost done, and it will be made for TMOUS. I will hopefully have it up in an hour or so :).
    I'm not a dev, but decided to give this a try.
    So far, this build is running well...except for the known contacts/myfaves and green camera with flash problems.

I tried to change mine from the 5 screens to the 7 screens, but even after several full re-boots the 5 screens still remain...anyone else having this issue?
    I am uploading V0.3 that should fix almost all knows problems so just wait a little longer and you won't have to mess with those problems anymore. Ive never heard of the home screen switching to 5 before though, maybe try the suggestion from sullitf. Let's hope you won't have that problem in V0.3.
    Mine switched to 7 screens no problem, not sure why it wouldn't switch. Does the checkbox revert to unchecked when it reboots, or is it staying checked but only giving you 5 screens?

May be some random problem with something on your desktop, you could try removing widgets and seeing if that fixes it. You should just be able to check the box and hit the home button, sense will reload itself

Very good suggestion.