[ROM][ODIN][KE3 & KF1] Official Gingerbread 2.3.3 for Captivate

Search This thread
R

Red5

Im assuming that even though we dont have the source files of a Captivate 2.3.3 build yet, that this still has the correct kernel to enable the audience chip?

A.VOID

Aug 10, 2010
I didn't notice the sensor issue when taking or making calls like other GB Roms.

TigerEnigma

Jan 1, 2011
SC

Wolf, as you may already know...you would need to flash just the kernel after FuguRoot zimage...but, there is not a seperate tar package for this stock kernel.

Chainfire has a root method for just stock kernels in the i9000 thread.

I would try these, but not off work yet...10 more minutes!!

Good luck with it man! Thanks for trying it out for us:)

kdwolf85

Aug 4, 2010
TX
Samsung Galaxy S21
Wolf, as you may already know...you would need to flash just the kernel after FuguRoot zimage...but, there is not a seperate tar package for this stock kernel.

Chainfire has a root method for just stock kernels in the i9000 thread.

I would try these, but not off work yet...10 more minutes!!

Good luck with it man! Thanks for trying it out for us:)

I tried but I can't seem to get the stock kernel into a tar file properly. I try and flash back from the fugu root with the stock kernel extracted from the rom, but odin just locks up.

In other news I'm uploading the 1-click installer for KF1 now. 1.5 hours left.

frankdogg

Jul 31, 2010
Louisiana
Has anyone tried superoneclick to root? It's supposed to root gingerbread now, but I've never used it. It worked on my girlfriends Infuse, but it's on froyo.

rabi347

Oct 8, 2010
i tried superone click, it starts and gets stuck after 'pushing rageagainstcage' and nothing else happens

tried z4, it says it is doing something but that's all, nothing happens

tried fuguroot, when the phone restarts, it toggles between at&t logo and a very angry red fish and goes into a loop.

kdwolf85

Aug 4, 2010
TX
Samsung Galaxy S21
i tried superone click, it starts and gets stuck after 'pushing rageagainstcage' and nothing else happens

tried z4, it says it is doing something but that's all, nothing happens

tried fuguroot, when the phone restarts, it toggles between at&t logo and a very angry red fish and goes into a loop.

I tried all of these as well. Except with Super One-Click it gets stuck at applying exploit

foxbat121

Apr 27, 2006
Rageagainstcage exploit has been fixed in 2.3.3. That's why any rooting based on this exploit won't work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks to SamFirmware there are now TWO official Captivate Gingerbread 2.3.3 leaks.

I897UCKE3 - Build date of May 26, 2011

I897UCKF1 - Build date of June 8, 2011

password for both is samfirmware.com

Neither of these have been tested by me so I cannot confirm their stability or quality of build, but hey, official Captivate gingerbread. Means AT&T is going to push out an update to us for real at some point which means more goodies.

So here they are in all their (assumedly) bloaty goodness from AT&T.

EDIT: At least KF1 comes with new bootloaders. If they are anything like I suspect, they are Captivate equivalents of the gingerbread bootloaders for i9000.

EDIT 2: Make sure to use both the included ODIN 1.81 and the new S1JE4.pit file or else there seems to be a possibility of bricking (cannot confirm as I'm unable to test this on my way out the door to work).
    ok so I have the error "Firmware upgrade fail!" try using recover mode
    ive tried all ways to get into recovery as well as download mode.

Any input please?
    Do you have the new phone and computer screen ?
    If yes, that serves as download mode, odin again from there.
    I'll be making an odin-1-click when I get home. It will take a bit to upload it though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

One-Clicker complete...testing now on my own phone to make sure it works.
    UCKF1 mediafire mirror, original file as in OP, same password

http://www.mediafire.com/?44yt4bs3y8h7i98
    I've mirrored both packages onto my rapidshare account. It's set though so there is no waiting. It's a direct link.

https://rapidshare.com/files/326881082/I897UCKE3.rar
    https://rapidshare.com/files/2800568770/I897UCKF1.rar

I don't think there is a speed cap either this way. Identical file to the op.