white screen EVO 4G

Search This thread

DenisR80

Dec 2, 2012
I have problem with the white screen HTC EVO 4G its stuck it doesnt start the phone

info about phone

***UNLOCKED***
SUPERSONIC EVT2-3 SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-2-18.0001
MICROP-041f
TOUCH PANEL-ATMEL224_16ab
RADIO-2.15.00.12.19
DEC 21 2011, 12:50:32

Also installed RA-supersonic-v4.3-smelkusMOD
I tried lots of things and i think its bricked but you guys have some ideas that maybe i didnt tried.
Thanks in advance for any help!!!

I Need RUU SPRINT file with 2.18 hboot

Last edited:

shortydoggg

Apr 11, 2011
The 2.18 RUU was never released and does not exist. I believe that your phone is just stuck, and not bricked.

If you can boot into recovery, do a factory reset and wipe dalvik cache, or if you can boot into the bootloader, clear the data then reboot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

DenisR80

Dec 2, 2012
The 2.18 RUU was never released and does not exist. I believe that your phone is just stuck, and not bricked.

If you can boot into recovery, do a factory reset and wipe dalvik cache, or if you can boot into the bootloader, clear the data then reboot.

i got this in CMD
C:\adt\sdk\platform-tools>fastboot flash img recovery.img
< waiting for device >
sending 'img' (3126 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.922s]
writing 'img'...
(bootloader) signature checking...
FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))
finished. total time: 0.998s

same when i try to flash anything

shortydoggg

Apr 11, 2011
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

I believe is the correct command. I haven't been on my old evo in a while.

Also your bootloader must be on fastboot usb, (boot into bootloader then click on fastboot )with fastboot usb highlighted in red

Make sure that the recovery image is named recover.img and it is in the platform-tools directory and that the fastboot file is also present there.

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
i got this in CMD
C:\adt\sdk\platform-tools>fastboot flash img recovery.img
< waiting for device >
sending 'img' (3126 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.922s]
writing 'img'...
(bootloader) signature checking...
FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))
finished. total time: 0.998s

same when i try to flash anything

You have to be s-off to flash like that in fastboot. Unlocking the bootloader only allows you to flash roms and kernels in recovery.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

shortydoggg

Apr 11, 2011
You can flash the recovery partition while S-ON with the 2.18 bootloader,as long as it is unlocked with the fastboot command. I've done it many times.

You need to be S-OFF to flash Hboots and radios and any PC36img.zip files.

DenisR80

Dec 2, 2012
the thing is i cant update any PC36IMG when it starts i see blue line in the right corner but after 20-30% my screen is all with the dots and doesnt come up to choose update yes or no. any ideas ?

DenisR80

Dec 2, 2012
more informations

C:\adt\sdk\platform-tools>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 2.18.0001
(bootloader) version-baseband: 2.15.00.12.19
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: 041f
(bootloader) version-main: 1.15.405.3
(bootloader) serialno: HT06FHL02598
(bootloader) imei: 355195000000017
(bootloader) product: supersonic
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8x50
(bootloader) modelid: PC3610000
(bootloader) cidnum: SPCS_001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3932mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: 4b46e889
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.021s

(bootloader) version-main: 1.15.405.3 i think its a problem here with this version i tried : RUU_SuperSonic_S_Sprint_WWE_3.70.651.1_Radio_2.15.00.11.19_NV_1.90_release_161482_signed.exe
RUU_SuperSonic_GB_Sprint_WWE_4.53.651.1_Radio_2.15.00.0808_NV_2.15_release_209995_signed.exe
RUU_SuperSonic_GB_Sprint_WWE_4.67.651.3_Radio_2.15.00.12.19_NV_2.33_release_234563_signed.exe

none doesnt work for me!

shortydoggg

Apr 11, 2011
You also can't install a RUU with older hardware than what you're currently running if you're S-on.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE
That's very true,

but look, enough of this S-On and S-Off stuff. We can tell them forever what can and cannot be done with S-ON, but how is the phone going to get fixed? Nothing is going to get done here (if still possible) if that phone is not either cache wiped, factory reset, or a custom recovery is not flashed. We can tell them what they can and cannot do all day, but if they are not going to follow any instructions, then this thread is just a waste of time. This person hasn't claimed to have done anything that's been asked so far.

Magnum_Enforcer

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 14, 2012
Birmingham, AL
That's very true,

but look, enough of this S-On and S-Off stuff. We can tell them forever what can and cannot be done with S-ON, but how is the phone going to get fixed? Nothing is going to get done here (if still possible) if that phone is not either cache wiped, factory reset, or a custom recovery is not flashed. We can tell them what they can and cannot do all day, but if they are not going to follow any instructions, then this thread is just a waste of time. This person hasn't claimed to have done anything that's been asked so far.

Only stating what I did due to the fact that the OP stated they tried to run a RUU;)

DenisR80

Dec 2, 2012

1. i can get to the recovery
2. i did all what you told me i did clear storage in the bootloader , wipe all userdata/factory reset , wipe dalvik-cache but no results sorry for the late answer!

DenisR80

Dec 2, 2012
What ROM have you tried to flash? What recovery are you running again?

ritght now i have installed RA-supersonic-v2.3 - HAUS MOD rev.A i tried many of them but i renamed the zip files so i cant give you correct names for them if you have something that you know its working i will download it and try to flash it

Magnum_Enforcer

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 14, 2012
Birmingham, AL
That recovery should work fine. Install a ROM on your SD card. Afterwards, go into your recovery and wipe only data & system. Once you've done this, flash the ROM you downloaded to your SD card. Then reboot. Remember, the first boot will take several minutes. Report back after you've done this.

Use the ROM in the link below. The download link is in post #3 under Current Releases. Download either ROM.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1671395

Last edited:

DenisR80

Dec 2, 2012
That recovery should work fine. Install a ROM on your SD card. Afterwards, go into your recovery and wipe only data & system. Once you've done this, flash the ROM you downloaded to your SD card. Then reboot. Remember, the first boot will take several minutes. Report back after you've done this.

Use the ROM in the link below. The download link is in post #3 under Current Releases. Download either ROM.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1671395

i did what you told me i click update from the zip didnt see any writing on it after that phone restarted by itself after few seconds and now its staying in the white screen htc evo 4g

DenisR80

Dec 2, 2012
after downloading the file and starting installation verifying update package E:corrupt file: system/app/Browser.apk E:verication failed i tried to disable signing and got
error (status 5) should i download the file again