Smart watch for HTC m7

Search This thread

Rcfisher

Sep 29, 2013
Which is the better smart watch for the M7 or should I just wait until HTC bring out one when they release the M8 upgrade?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

kaz0ku

Mar 17, 2014
Which is the better smart watch for the M7 or should I just wait until HTC bring out one when they release the M8 upgrade?

Ok firstly, HTC probably won't release a smartwatch sometime soon.

Secondly, why do you want a smart watch? What do you use it for?

pebble: monochrome display. most practical I say, with long battery life and does what it's supposed to do. Yet as I say again, the display colour is only black.

Sony: All rounder with colour display, great functionality and easy to set up and use. I personally use this one.

Others: Samsung only works with the galaxy phones, so that's a no go.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

TopGear63z

Mar 17, 2011
If I were you I'd wait for the Moto 360 (which will be released this year) or the HTC Smartwatch(also supposed to be released this year)

Don't buy any of the current smartwatches as they aren't very good.

Rcfisher

Sep 29, 2013
The HTC on has been announced and then another statement saying by the end of the year, then a mk2 probably next year which if bundled with the new phone is a winner for me, and I want one that can alert me of notifications etc, phones always on silent in my pocket so it will be a bonus.

meme405

Dec 2, 2011
Vancouver
Don't buy any of the current smartwatches as they aren't very good.

And you are experienced with the current watches? If you are going to just make blanket statements you might as well try and back them up. Otherwise you look like an idiot.

I actually have a pebble, and it is an absolutely fantastic device.

It shows text message, phone calls, emails, FB notifications, whats app messages, etc, right on the screen.

I can control my music from it and it even displays what song is playing.

Battery lasts 5-7 days

Waterproof.

You can get tons of cool watchfaces, that show information like weather and stuff.

Lots of alarm settings and apps.

You can even get apps that do push notifications for google maps right on your watch, or allow you to call people from the watch.

Honestly I found myself wearing my pebble more than my countless other watches.

TopGear63z

Mar 17, 2011
And you are experienced with the current watches? If you are going to just make blanket statements you might as well try and back them up. Otherwise you look like an idiot.

I actually have a pebble, and it is an absolutely fantastic device.

It shows text message, phone calls, emails, FB notifications, whats app messages, etc, right on the screen.

I can control my music from it and it even displays what song is playing.

Battery lasts 5-7 days

Waterproof.

You can get tons of cool watchfaces, that show information like weather and stuff.

Lots of alarm settings and apps.

You can even get apps that do push notifications for google maps right on your watch, or allow you to call people from the watch.

Honestly I found myself wearing my pebble more than my countless other watches.

Maybe I should've elaborated more on why.

Yeah the Pebble isn't bad but you need to use two apps and a website to manage Pebble, it sucks the battery of the phone and the connection isn't very stable. At least that is my own experience with it. Maybe I wasn't lucky but I've spoken more people about the Pebble and they had the same issues.

It's great, but not as 'smart' as a smartwatch should be imho

raziel123

Apr 29, 2010
If you want to spend more money. There is a company which builds mechanical watches with smartwatch features. Just Google for "Karios Smartwatch".
Here is a link to the video.
http://youtu.be/ndycU_dUHNQ

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

it's a Swiss watch, priced from $499 to $1199

and thats only upto July, msrrp prices are above a $1000 dollars!

https://kairoswatches.com/

too expensive in my opinion, but it does look awesome,

regards

Last edited:

Ziago

Oct 28, 2008
Even though I could, I could never warrant that price and I doubt it will look that good in reality. It does look an amazing concept though.

Just wait today for the Moto 360 presentation, the price should be around $ 250 and the design looks great!

sdpinsens

May 4, 2008
Jakarta
The best smartwatch for HTC One is Sony Smartwatch 2 right now (until there is a new one)...i've been using it, and it 's very useful and easy to use it...try it for right now....next time, u can try another one (the new one, just wait android wear from google i think)..

peter73

Mar 6, 2008
I backed for a moment smartwatch on kickstarter:

Final design:
507b9ccf18bef2bd3ce7b76fb28ab1bf_large.jpg

prototpe:
1ca109f18f4fd50fe4308382ac1bbf0b_large.jpg

Will work with android or ios.

30 day battery, expandable hardware, full QWERTY keyboard, 360° touch surface - all wrapped smartly around your wrist

Can't wait until next january to get my watch...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you want to spend more money. There is a company which builds mechanical watches with smartwatch features. Just Google for "Karios Smartwatch".
    Here is a link to the video.
    http://youtu.be/ndycU_dUHNQ