jpinsl

May 1, 2008
Bought a stock 4.2.2 32 Gb model.
Unlocked it
Ran the image install .bat file, response came back:

downloading 'boot.img'... OKAY
booting... OKAY

Upon reboot, it never gets past the colored Nexus "X"

Went back to fastboot, reinstalled IMG file, same result.

What to try next?

jpinsl

May 1, 2008
Bought a stock 4.2.2 32 Gb model.
Unlocked it
Ran the image install .bat file, response came back:

downloading 'boot.img'... OKAY
booting... OKAY

Upon reboot, it never gets past the colored Nexus "X"

Went back to fastboot, reinstalled IMG file, same result.

What to try next?

Update: Fastboot and ADB still worked so I sideloaded a rooted ROM. Should have known better than to try to use a pre-packaged toolkit. It is always simplest to do things manually.

bilbonotry

Aug 21, 2008
Update: Fastboot and ADB still worked so I sideloaded a rooted ROM. Should have known better than to try to use a pre-packaged toolkit. It is always simplest to do things manually.

And simpler than simplest is to read the topic. This is a known issue.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app

jpinsl

May 1, 2008
And simpler than simplest is to read the topic. This is a known issue.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app

It's a known issue, perhaps it should be mentioned in the OP rather than buried somewhere in 11 pages of comments, the first five pages of which all say "works great!"

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
I rooted my 4.2.2 nexus 10 then I update it to 4.3. But it is not rooted anymore. This solves this :confused: or how can I solve it?

No this doesn't work with 4.3. Look at the posts before you they all say that. If you want to root 4.3 just use nexus root kit or ncry toolkit. Both work. Or you can use cf autoroot which was updated to work with 4.3

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

M

mauro1970mvr

For all of you like me that want root without unlocking the nexus 10 after a 4.3 update, see Smiling Cat answer here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2379616

1. Get Walrog Nexus Root Tool Kit
2. Get Chainfire's Supersu1.51.zip
3. Copy the zip to sdcard:
adb push supersu_path /mnt/sdcard/Supersu1.51.zip
4. Run toolkit, select your device (Nexus 10) and OS version (4.3) then boot using the default TWRP image the toolkit downloads automatically.
5. On TWRP recovery boot, press install and select the supersu zip.
6. Reboot then run supersu to confirm it's been updated.

The previous procedure does not require an unlocked bootloader nor does unlock it or wipe out data (unless you actually select that option).

Tested successfully on the first run.

jalize

Jul 12, 2007
Centurion
For all of you like me that want root without unlocking the nexus 10 after a 4.3 update, see Smiling Cat answer here:

4. Run toolkit, select your device (Nexus 10) and OS version (4.3) then boot using the default TWRP image the toolkit downloads automatically.

The previous procedure does not require an unlocked bootloader nor does unlock it or wipe out data (unless you actually select that option).

I can confirm that this works!:good:. I also used the default TWRP recovery, BUT, only as a temporary recovery.

Reactions: patriciocs

Nishchhal

Apr 20, 2013
Vancouver
I used this method to root my brothers n10 and it worked without a hitch. Thanks for sharing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

patriciocs

May 31, 2011
Santiago

Thanks Mauro, it worked!

mindlesSheep

Sep 13, 2011
Prague
didnt work, supersu was broken, needed to use cf-root by chainfire, overall 0/10, would not bang again and certainly would not recomend

_tz

Jan 3, 2017
Roorkee
MIUI support

Will it work for Redmi Note 4?
I mean would i still get ota updates after flashing supersu with this method?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introducing.... Superboot! :)

Superboot is a boot.img that when booted, will root your device the first time you boot (installing su and the superuser APK). No need to flash any partitions, no need to mess around with ADB, no messing with the contents of your data partition, no overwriting the shipped ROM on your device, just boot the boot image using the instructions below and you're done!

APPLY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!
    • Superboot r1 - DOWNLOAD - MD5: f53825a2df09277f899b6738b3a059d5
    How to use Superboot - Windows, Linux and OSX

- Download the Superboot zip file above and extract to a directory
    - Put your device in bootloader mode - Turn off the phone then turn on with the 'volume up' and 'volume down' buttons both pressed to enter the bootloader (as pictured below)
    - WINDOWS - double click 'superboot-windows.bat'
    - MAC - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x superboot-mac.sh' followed by './superboot-mac.sh'
    - LINUX - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x superboot-linux.sh' followed by './superboot-linux.sh'

Note: If you are using a retail device, you may need to unlock the bootloader first, using './fastboot-windows oem unlock' (or the appropriate version for your machine, included in this zip). Note that the OEM unlock sequence wipes your device, so consider doing an 'adb backup' beforehand if required!

Enjoy! :)

P
    Just root 4.2.1, then use root keeper from market, you won't need to use this method again.

This will work fine with 4.2.2.

P

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    Works great with [ADB/FB/APX Driver] Universal Naked Driver 0.72

OTA should work fine and likely stay rooted too.

P
    Thanks Paul and this works great with this new Naked Driver for people that are having problems getting this to work and connect to Windows box. :^}
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1998650

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

Ive tried over and over again to follow the instructions on page 1 but seem to get no where I try to unlock the device using the fastboot-windows but that just flashes up cmd black box then vanishes instantly when i try the superboot-windows it just stays flashing waiting for device and goes no further. Any help would be appreciated.

nexus 10 info.

bootloader version MANTALJ12
    carrier info. NONE
    lock state. LOCKED.

Try the Naked driver I posted about to connect and make sure usb debugging is turned on...
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1998650

I could root easily with bootloader locked.
    PAULY! YOU SWEET SON OOOOO AAA!!!

Confirmed, Locked bootloader WITH root access! No wiping, no issues, just pure stock Nexus 10 with root access! And too think everyone is saying that the patched exploit since 4.2.1 prevents this & forces >fastboot oem unlock - Not the case folks! On both a WalMart & a Play Store Nexus 10, I have rooted without unlocking & WITHOUT wiping.

FOr those having issues, the USB driver has thrown a few loops.

I find the best way is to manually delete your Android device from Windows Device Manager, then delete the drivers manually via USBDeview & then install the Nexus 4 USB driver or the Naked USB Driver. You have to install it to both the device & to the fastboot device, which means once while in the OS & once while in bootloader. To activate USB debugging for this, you need to go into setting/about device & tap "Android Version" 7 times. That will force show Developer options in the settings menu, where you can select "enable USB debugging".

One you have USB debuggin running & the new drivers installed, just click on Pauly's superboot-windows batch file or call it via cmd windows. Voila...You are unlocked & saved yourself an hour of re-installing apk's or waiting for new back ups via adb.
    Introducing.... Superboot! :)

Superboot is a boot.img that when booted, will root your device the first time you boot (installing su and the superuser APK). No need to flash any partitions, no need to mess around with ADB, no messing with the contents of your data partition, no overwriting the shipped ROM on your device, just boot the boot image using the instructions below and you're done!

APPLY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!
    • Superboot r1 - DOWNLOAD - MD5: f53825a2df09277f899b6738b3a059d5
    How to use Superboot - Windows, Linux and OSX

- Download the Superboot zip file above and extract to a directory
    - Put your device in bootloader mode - Turn off the phone then turn on with the 'volume up' and 'volume down' buttons both pressed to enter the bootloader (as pictured below)
    - WINDOWS - double click 'superboot-windows.bat'
    - MAC - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x superboot-mac.sh' followed by './superboot-mac.sh'
    - LINUX - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x superboot-linux.sh' followed by './superboot-linux.sh'

Note: If you are using a retail device, you may need to unlock the bootloader first, using './fastboot-windows oem unlock' (or the appropriate version for your machine, included in this zip). Note that the OEM unlock sequence wipes your device, so consider doing an 'adb backup' beforehand if required!

Enjoy! :)

P

I almost asked if anyone could confirm that this works... then I saw that it was written by Paul O'Brien himself.

Awesome!

So this won't wipe anything at all, right?