Thanks Meter: 940

By scandiun, Senior Member on 24th November 2012, 09:51 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th May 2018, 10:34 AM |#171  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scandiun

Check if the 32 bit version works on 64 bit, copy it to the system bin folder.
You can also use ubuntu for Windows installing it from the microsoft app store.

Hi,
Unfortunately I can't find a copy of the star.exe. The files in schily website were in .gz and .bz2 and I can't install them.

Do you have one? The link posted is already down

30th May 2018, 12:03 PM |#172  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dknight178

Hi,
Unfortunately I can't find a copy of the star.exe. The files in schily website were in .gz and .bz2 and I can't install them.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/and...ackup-toolkit/
30th May 2018, 01:44 PM |#173  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/and...ackup-toolkit/

I tried it already but it didn't work.

I have pax but filename was long.

Would you have a copy of "star.exe"?
31st May 2018, 06:17 AM |#174  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Hi,

Quote:

I tried it already but it didn't work.

I have pax but filename was long.

Would you have a copy of "star.exe"?

I don't have a copy of star.exe, use ubuntu for Windows instead.
The Following User Says Thank You to scandiun For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift scandiun Ad-Free
5th July 2018, 02:21 PM |#175  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
I made an ADB backup via TWRP of each partition (boot, system, data, cache) individually direct to my PC prior to flashing a new ROM. After flashing the new ROM, I realized I forgot to backup texts and wifi netwroks via Titanium Backup. I tried to restore each partition so I could go back and copy the texts and wifi networks but it didn't work. TWRP reported no OS installed and it didn't boot either. I did update the bootloader after I created the backup and am not sure if that's why it's failing.

I used ABE to try to extract one of the files (cache) to see if it works and got the following below. How do I get around the invalid Magic error?

Code:
Invlaid Magic: TWRP    twstreamheader                \        ù?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    TWRP    twfilename                     ¬|?/data/media/0/TWRP/BACKUPS/XXXXXXXXXX/2018-06-30--19-27-08_lineage_shamu-userdebug_712_NJH47F_f0e1ca23/cache.ext4.win                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               TWRP    twdatablock     D?íº                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    /recovery/                                                                                          0040770 0001750 0003721 00000000072 00056161501 0012253 x                                                                                                    ustar   system                          cache                                                                                                                                                                                                                  58 RHT.security.selinux=u:object_r:cache_recovery_file:s0
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.jarinjarloader.JarRsrcLoader.main(JarRsrcLoader.java:58)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid Magic TWRP    twstreamheader                \      ù?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    TWRP    twfilename                     ¬|?/data/media/0/TWRP/BACKUPS/XXXXXXXXXX/2018-06-30--19-27-08_lineage_shamu-userdebug_712_NJH47F_f0e1ca23/cache.ext4.win                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               TWRP    twdatablock     D?íº                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    /recovery/                                                                                          0040770 0001750 0003721 00000000072 00056161501 0012253 x                                                                                                    ustar   system                          cache                                                                                                                                                                                                                  58 RHT.security.selinux=u:object_r:cache_recovery_file:s0
        at org.nick.abe.AndroidBackup.extractAsTar(AndroidBackup.java:516)
        at org.nick.abe.Main.main(Main.java:142)
        ... 5 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid Magic TWRP    twstreamheader                \  ù?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    TWRP    twfilename                     ¬|?/data/media/0/TWRP/BACKUPS/XXXXXXXXXX/2018-06-30--19-27-08_lineage_shamu-userdebug_712_NJH47F_f0e1ca23/cache.ext4.win                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               TWRP    twdatablock     D?íº                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    /recovery/                                                                                          0040770 0001750 0003721 00000000072 00056161501 0012253 x                                                                                                    ustar   system                          cache                                                                                                                                                                                                                  58 RHT.security.selinux=u:object_r:cache_recovery_file:s0
        at org.nick.abe.AndroidBackup.extractAsTar(AndroidBackup.java:337)
        ... 6 more
5th July 2018, 03:30 PM |#176  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pongolo

I made an ADB backup via TWRP of each partition (boot, system, data, cache) individually direct to my PC prior to flashing a new ROM. After flashing the new ROM, I realized I forgot to backup texts and wifi netwroks via Titanium Backup. I tried to restore each partition so I could go back and copy the texts and wifi networks but it didn't work. TWRP reported no OS installed and it didn't boot either. I did update the bootloader after I created the backup and am not sure if that's why it's failing.

I used ABE to try to extract one of the files (cache) to see if it works and got the following below. How do I get around the invalid Magic error?

Code:
Invlaid Magic: TWRP    twstreamheader                \        ù?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    TWRP    twfilename                     ¬|?/data/media/0/TWRP/BACKUPS/XXXXXXXXXX/2018-06-30--19-27-08_lineage_shamu-userdebug_712_NJH47F_f0e1ca23/cache.ext4.win                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               TWRP    twdatablock     D?íº                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    /recovery/                                                                                          0040770 0001750 0003721 00000000072 00056161501 0012253 x                                                                                                    ustar   system                          cache                                                                                                                                                                                                                  58 RHT.security.selinux=u:object_r:cache_recovery_file:s0
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.jarinjarloader.JarRsrcLoader.main(JarRsrcLoader.java:58)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid Magic TWRP    twstreamheader                \      ù?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    TWRP    twfilename                     ¬|?/data/media/0/TWRP/BACKUPS/XXXXXXXXXX/2018-06-30--19-27-08_lineage_shamu-userdebug_712_NJH47F_f0e1ca23/cache.ext4.win                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               TWRP    twdatablock     D?íº                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    /recovery/                                                                                          0040770 0001750 0003721 00000000072 00056161501 0012253 x                                                                                                    ustar   system                          cache                                                                                                                                                                                                                  58 RHT.security.selinux=u:object_r:cache_recovery_file:s0
        at org.nick.abe.AndroidBackup.extractAsTar(AndroidBackup.java:516)
        at org.nick.abe.Main.main(Main.java:142)
        ... 5 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid Magic TWRP    twstreamheader                \  ù?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    TWRP    twfilename                     ¬|?/data/media/0/TWRP/BACKUPS/XXXXXXXXXX/2018-06-30--19-27-08_lineage_shamu-userdebug_712_NJH47F_f0e1ca23/cache.ext4.win                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               TWRP    twdatablock     D?íº                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    /recovery/                                                                                          0040770 0001750 0003721 00000000072 00056161501 0012253 x                                                                                                    ustar   system                          cache                                                                                                                                                                                                                  58 RHT.security.selinux=u:object_r:cache_recovery_file:s0
        at org.nick.abe.AndroidBackup.extractAsTar(AndroidBackup.java:337)
        ... 6 more

abe doesn't work with TWRP. You need some ext4 file browser

https://www.techgainer.com/how-to-mo...plorer-easily/
5th July 2018, 07:41 PM |#177  

More
Quote:

abe doesn't work with TWRP. You need some ext4 file browser

https://www.techgainer.com/how-to-mo...plorer-easily/

Can you explain what needs to done with the ext4 browser? I've used it in the past but am not sure what I need to do with it.

Thanks
18th July 2018, 07:06 PM |#178  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Can you explain what needs to done with the ext4 browser? I've used it in the past but am not sure what I need to do with it.

Thanks

Post a list of all the filenames with extension and sizes that you have in the folder.
21st July 2018, 11:11 PM |#179  

More
Quote:

Post a list of all the filenames with extension and sizes that you have in the folder.

In the data.ab file I have the following files/folders (opened via 7zip):

Code:
magisk (size 55)
magisk (size 16)
stock_boot_5c5a74390e2e4102433966e8ce7e1f0b1abb6368.img.gz  (size 55)
stock_boot_5c5a74390e2e4102433966e8ce7e1f0b1abb6368.img.gz (size 9098457)
Opening the second stock_boot file, I have the following inside:

Code:
stock_boot_5c5a74390e2e4102433966e8ce7e1f0b1abb6368.img (size 1431655765)
I tried to open that file and get the following error from 7zip (it will not open):
Code:
Data error : stock_boot_5c5a74390e2e4102433966e8ce7e1f0b1abb6368.img
Thanks for the help.
21st July 2018, 11:59 PM |#180  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

In the data.ab file I have the following files/folders (opened via 7zip):

Code:
magisk (size 55)
magisk (size 16)
stock_boot_5c5a74390e2e4102433966e8ce7e1f0b1abb6368.img.gz  (size 55)
stock_boot_5c5a74390e2e4102433966e8ce7e1f0b1abb6368.img.gz (size 9098457)
Opening the second stock_boot file, I have the following inside:

Code:
stock_boot_5c5a74390e2e4102433966e8ce7e1f0b1abb6368.img (size 1431655765)
I tried to open that file and get the following error from 7zip (it will not open):
Code:
Data error : stock_boot_5c5a74390e2e4102433966e8ce7e1f0b1abb6368.img
Thanks for the help.

The resulting img file is probably a dump of the filesystem. To extract it check these webs:

How can I mount or extract TWRP Nandroid backups in Windows?

[GUIDE] UNPACK-REPACK BOOT, RECOVERY .IMG WITHOUT KITCHEN

[WINDOWS][TOOL]Android ICS JB EXT4 ImageFile Unpacker!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)