1,069 posts
Thanks Meter: 14

By Zepiii, Retired Forum Moderator on 21st April 2009, 05:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st June 2009, 03:10 PM |#2251  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
HI!
I have a question? Where did you get that digital clock that you have attached?

Please post if possible!
1st June 2009, 03:25 PM |#2252  

More
Thanks again for your help, Nikosxri.

The image file is identical, so that's not the problem. Somehow it's just pointing to the wrong icon.

Changing the text before the ID (for example changing it from "btn0" to "Launcher" breaks the whole thing. No image. No button. No nothing.
It looks like it's most likely the value of the "SrcIcon" Y coordinate, but they don't make much sense to me as far as value goes. Playing with it does yield me different icons, however. Now to experiment to get the right ones.

Getting very close now. You have been a great help!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKOSXRI

I will send you the menu tab in a while.
Maybe this is the mistake.
Play also with the name, i mean the name just before the id.
Maybe you also there must wright launcher and favorites instead of btn0 btn1.
Good luck you are almost there!
Also did you try the 3button menubar that i send you, does it work?

1st June 2009, 04:12 PM |#2253  
Flag Henderson, KY
Thanks Meter: 124

Donate to Me
More
Hey, does anyone know how I can customize the background in this skin (the TUX Mac OS from Mobilecustom)? It doesn't have a wallpaper.bmp in the qp_bkg_now.dat, so I didn't know where else to look. If the mobilecustom woudn't mind sharing that info, that is. Let me know if that's okay or not to fiddle around with this skin. I think it's awesome and I would like to just change the background to something Trekky.

I know you have to install the cab first, but after that is when I can't find what I need in the xx_bkg_now.dat file. Thanks.
1st June 2009, 04:20 PM |#2254  
Flag Johannesburg
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMan

The battery is here: Attachment 190729

Where do you place that file? In Programs>Spb Mobile Shell? I don't see any other va_*.dat files. Many thanks.
1st June 2009, 04:35 PM |#2255  

More
Device Lock
I just installed MS3 and have a question on the device lock feature. I can put it as a link onto one of the screens like the Lifestyle screen, but how do I get it to automatically lock the phone after a timeout period?

Right now I have to manually hit the Device Lock icon on the screen for it to work. Is there a way to make this the default device lock and have a configurable timeout period?

The documentation for MS3 is quite horrible I've noticed. It mentions assigning a hardware key to the device lock, but doesn't say how to do it.

Thanks
1st June 2009, 04:42 PM |#2256  
Flag Johannesburg
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonB74

I just installed MS3 and have a question on the device lock feature. I can put it as a link onto one of the screens like the Lifestyle screen, but how do I get it to automatically lock the phone after a timeout period?

Right now I have to manually hit the Device Lock icon on the screen for it to work. Is there a way to make this the default device lock and have a configurable timeout period?

The documentation for MS3 is quite horrible I've noticed. It mentions assigning a hardware key to the device lock, but doesn't say how to do it.

Thanks

In the Spb Mobile Shell Program Folder, there are various shortcuts. One of them is device lock. Just map a hardware button to point to that shortcut.

I personally use S2U2 only. Best screen/device locker period.
1st June 2009, 04:52 PM |#2257  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk
Thanks Meter: 16,154

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACkjam

Where do you place that file? In Programs>Spb Mobile Shell? I don't see any other va_*.dat files. Many thanks.

va*.dat files are for VGA/WVGA phones and wont work if you have a QVGA phone. The QVGA version is attached just take the .zip off the end and copy it to your Mobile Shell folder
Attached Files
File Type: zip qa_battery_now.dat.zip - [Click for QR Code] (7.0 KB, 32 views)
1st June 2009, 05:09 PM |#2258  
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMan

My little modification for WVGA:

Modified files: Attachment 190519 - modified graphic files (colored indicator), Attachment 190551 - (wide digital clock with centered text)

And code:
qa_layouts / widgets
Code:
<Plugin Name="Signal" Class="Spb.LSP.Operator" Skin="qa_operator" DoubleSkin="va_operator" MiddleSkin="ma_operator" BoldFont="n">
  <DefaultFont Face="Tahoma" HeightPxl="12" Bold="n" Color="FFFFFF"/>
   <BoundRect X="173" Y="12" Width="60" Height="74"/>
</Plugin>
Screen capture: Attachment 190518

could you please make this compatible with qvga devices? I tried to open it to rescale bmp, but one of them is not openable by acdsee nor fireworks...
1st June 2009, 05:44 PM |#2259  
Flag Henderson, KY
Thanks Meter: 124

Donate to Me
More
Custom Icons
If I want to make custom icons, is it as simple as opening the icon bitmap file and copying and pasting over the existing ones (as one does to change the wallpaper.bmp with merging layers)?

Is there a complete guide to skinning MS3 somewhere that I can look at? Thanks.
1st June 2009, 06:00 PM |#2260  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 22

More
good luck
http://www.samsungplayeraddict.com/s...pper&Itemid=56

Quote:
Originally Posted by natefish

If I want to make custom icons, is it as simple as opening the icon bitmap file and copying and pasting over the existing ones (as one does to change the wallpaper.bmp with merging layers)?

Is there a complete guide to skinning MS3 somewhere that I can look at? Thanks.

1st June 2009, 06:04 PM |#2261  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk
Thanks Meter: 16,154

Donate to Me
More
VGA Pro Plus testers wanted in 2 hours (you know who you are)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
spb mobile shell 3, themes, tricks, widgets, zepiii

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)