FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

fastboot on our L9 with omap4boot

254 posts
Thanks Meter: 144
 
By sguerrini97, Senior Member on 26th January 2013, 04:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th February 2013, 08:38 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 144
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrkoffjonson

After downloading the zip linked in the OP I found a dump batch file called 'dump_prada.bat' in the zip.

Took a look into it and modified it to work with our device to do an easy system wide dump.

It works, but only if you have an external sd card as our internal storage is too small to hold the files before transferring to the computer.

I'm attaching it as a .txt file- just rename it to full_dump.bat and run as admin.

Not taking any credit for the original script..

Thank you this can be usefull to do a full dump in one step, however we can't restore the system or data partition with fastboot cause they are too big.
For rooted phones, is also possible to make a script that restore the dumps.
I restored a system dump with dd and the phone get blocked, after removing the battery the changes took effect so it works.
 
 
5th February 2013, 10:32 PM |#22  
Senior Member
Brick
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
Re: fastboot on our L9 with omap4boot
Quote:
Originally Posted by sguerrini97

Thank you this can be usefull to do a full dump in one step, however we can't restore the system or data partition with fastboot cause they are too big.
For rooted phones, is also possible to make a script that restore the dumps.
I restored a system dump with dd and the phone get blocked, after removing the battery the changes took effect so it works.

So a restore you did took into effect even though the phone says it blocked it?
6th February 2013, 09:56 AM |#23  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 144
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrkoffjonson

So a restore you did took into effect even though the phone says it blocked it?

During the system partition restore the phone didn't respond, but the adb terminal was still working and at the end I rebooted the phone by pulling out the battery and put it back in. The partition was restored.
12th February 2013, 01:58 AM |#24  
Senior Member
Texas, USA and Toronto,Canada
Thanks Meter: 60
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrkoffjonson

After downloading the zip linked in the OP I found a dump batch file called 'dump_prada.bat' in the zip.

Took a look into it and modified it to work with our device to do an easy system wide dump.

It works, but only if you have an external sd card as our internal storage is too small to hold the files before transferring to the computer.

I'm attaching it as a .txt file- just rename it to full_dump.bat and run as admin.

Not taking any credit for the original script..

Great work
1st March 2013, 08:50 AM |#25  
Tablechair's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Waterbury CT
Thanks Meter: 117
 
More
Can a P769 user give me their u-boot.img and x-loader.img please? Would be greatly appreciated.
1st March 2013, 04:40 PM |#26  
Senior Member
Texas, USA and Toronto,Canada
Thanks Meter: 60
 
More
Re: fastboot on our L9 with omap4boot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tablechair

Can a P769 user give me their u-boot.img and x-loader.img please? Would be greatly appreciated.

you can get from your phone .. or download from rom session, the u and x boot are exactly same as p765.

Sent from my A501 using Tapatalk HD
31st March 2013, 01:01 AM |#27  
ytapjani's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Bricked after pressing "Y"
Help me please,

I am following your tutorial and accidentally i pressed "Y" on writing u-boot.

Anyone can help how to recover my bricked L9 ? Desperately need your help.

i am using windows 7 32bit enterprise edition, with LG L9 P765

thank you so much
31st March 2013, 02:34 AM |#28  
Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 439
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ytapjani

Help me please,

I am following your tutorial and accidentally i pressed "Y" on writing u-boot.

Anyone can help how to recover my bricked L9 ? Desperately need your help.

i am using windows 7 32bit enterprise edition, with LG L9 P765

thank you so much

Which Android version is your phone running?.
31st March 2013, 04:04 AM |#29  
ytapjani's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelus

Which Android version is your phone running?.

I am using the V20b Hongkong..

kindly please advise..

thank you
31st March 2013, 04:54 AM |#30  
Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 439
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ytapjani

I am using the V20b Hongkong..

kindly please advise..

thank you

You need to ask someone with same phone(rooted) model as yours ,running v20 to dump their uboot:
Code:
adb shell su -c busybox dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 of=/sdcard/external_sd/p2.bin
and you can restore it by :
Code:
fastboot flash u-boot p2.bin
The Following User Says Thank You to Lelus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lelus Ad-Free
31st March 2013, 05:10 AM |#31  
ytapjani's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelus

You need to ask someone with same model phone(rooted) as yours ,running v20 to dump their uboot:

Code:
adb shell su -c busybox dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 of=/sdcard/external_sd/p2.bin
and you can restore it by :
Code:
fastboot flash u-boot p2.bin

Dear Sir Lelus,

Thank you very much for your enlightnment, i will see someone with the same conditon to dump their uboot.
and will let you know if that is working.

have a good day sir
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes