Thanks Meter: 243

By carloswii5, Senior Member on 14th May 2013, 03:02 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th May 2013, 06:07 AM |#11  
Flag Clackamas, OR
Thanks Meter: 200

Donate to Me
More
Great guide! Thank you for consolidating the files and info so that I could complete the unlock.

18th May 2013, 06:55 AM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pallet Town

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Ding

Great guide! Thank you for consolidating the files and info so that I could complete the unlock.

Glad I could help

Anyone Who Has Never Made A Mistake Has Never Tried Anything New
-Albert Einstein
23rd May 2013, 05:44 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Okay so my wifi doesnt work..and it doesnt work at all when I do the unlock adb message. any ideas?
23rd May 2013, 06:08 AM |#14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pallet Town

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bratten2121

Okay so my wifi doesnt work..and it doesnt work at all when I do the unlock adb message. any ideas?

I need more info just saying "my WiFi doesn't work" doesn't help me trying to help you....

Sent from my Cyanogen Running P769
24th May 2013, 02:50 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hey i figured it out, so I flashed v20b over v20d and I waitied about 45 mins with wifi on and still cant get this to unlock. I have also rooted my phone before this and tried flashing v20b again and still nothing happen. Is it too late for me to get this unlocked?
24th May 2013, 05:50 AM |#16  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pallet Town

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bratten2121

Hey i figured it out, so I flashed v20b over v20d and I waitied about 45 mins with wifi on and still cant get this to unlock. I have also rooted my phone before this and tried flashing v20b again and still nothing happen. Is it too late for me to get this unlocked?

No its never too late but there must be something you forgot to do or did incorrectly did you run "adb reboot oem-unlock" before connecting to wifi and waiting at least 30 min?

Sent From My Cyanogen Running P769
26th May 2013, 06:21 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Just unlocked bootloader on my phone. Looks like having SIM card with data is a must. Tried all day yesterday on WiFi, never worked. Finally bought a SIM unlock code on eBay and used my StraightTalk SIM card. Reverted back v10G, set everything up (had to type APNs manually), turned WiFi off and verified that data works. Flashed v20B again, verified that WiFi is still off and data is on, waited for about half hour. Unlocked on the first try.
So whoever is having troubles, looks like you just need working SIM with data and WiFi it not really necessary.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nevkuril For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nevkuril Ad-Free
26th May 2013, 07:47 PM |#18  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pallet Town

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevkuril

Just unlocked bootloader on my phone. Looks like having SIM card with data is a must. Tried all day yesterday on WiFi, never worked. Finally bought a SIM unlock code on eBay and used my StraightTalk SIM card. Reverted back v10G, set everything up (had to type APNs manually), turned WiFi off and verified that data works. Flashed v20B again, verified that WiFi is still off and data is on, waited for about half hour. Unlocked on the first try.
So whoever is having troubles, looks like you just need working SIM with data and WiFi it not really necessary.

Alright thanks for letting me know I'll change it thank you

Sent From My Cyanogen Running P769
27th May 2013, 02:25 AM |#19  
Flag Clackamas, OR

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I have straight talk tmobile sim with no apn setup and WiFi on for it to work for me.

I kept waiting 30 mins x3 because I had taken my sim and SD card out due to fear of damage. So I second that keep the sim in and WiFi on (made a guest ssid for one click connect).
@nevkuril do you have st att or tmo? If tmo, I know its late but the tmo sim works without the need for carrier unlock.

Sent from my LG-P769 using xda app-developers app
27th May 2013, 02:45 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Ding

@nevkuril do you have st att or tmo? If tmo, I know its late but the tmo sim works without the need for carrier unlock.

Possible but I wanted to unlock anyway, it's just too simple not to do that.
27th May 2013, 02:49 AM |#21  
Flag Clackamas, OR

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Possible but I wanted to unlock anyway, it's just too simple not to do that.

Good point! Congrats on both unlocks!

Sent from my LG-P769 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
optimus l9, unlock bootloader p769

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)