Thanks Meter: 55

By tawhid111, Senior Member on 28th November 2013, 05:44 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st March 2016, 02:37 PM |#11  
Flag Barletta (BT)
Thanks Meter: 2

Donate to Me
More
Thanks for your opinion. Yet, I still want to hear from others.

3rd March 2016, 04:14 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 108

More
I'm running into more and more problems with the L9 as their me grows.
-Fastboot doesn't work under Windows 8.1 and 10, but under the now obsolete(for me) Windows 7, unlike my other devices, which are fine with Win 10.
-ADB seems to work, but requiring the device to be still able to boot.
-I always boot to recovery from within Android as long as the L9 ain't bricked. After a failed rom install, during which the sd card failed(could no longer write or be formatted afterwards, the last time stamps of files and folders were set during the failed install) I discovered a problem with TWRP(Artas182x's and Edwin's), which may have been present since a long time: Trying to invoke TWRP via keypress will brick the device!
So, if my P760 no longer boots, there's only download mode available, sort of the final line of defense.
-There's sort of a trick if even download mode fails: After a failed attempt unplug phone, force switch-off, if the phone is in brick state. Then switch on, force switch-off again, and only then attempt download mode again. And have patience while holding down the vol button, it might take up to 20 seconds for the phone to switch itself on into download mode. (A single forced powerdown will cause Fastboot NOT to work the next time)
But I'm absolutely clueless about the recovery issue, for now TWRP is semi-working, can only be accessed via Android, as long as the phone is fully working.
W/o Fastboot, I now have flashed stock rom several times and rooted it with Kingo rooter just to be able to run Flashify to install TWRP. If Flashify is the culprit for the TWRP issues, I could need a recommendation for a better working app.
2nd April 2017, 09:08 AM |#13  
Looking for GPS location
Thanks Meter: 167

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciccillover

Thanks for your opinion. Yet, I still want to hear from others.

Tried OMAP flasher ? It needs memory configuration file in order to work with our device
2nd April 2017, 12:48 PM |#14  
Flag Barletta (BT)
Thanks Meter: 2

Donate to Me
More
No, I didn't. I have sold the phone for spares.

Inviato dal mio LG-D855 utilizzando Tapatalk
2nd April 2017, 04:14 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 108

More
I never needed the OMAP drivers and tools. As they are ancient, they will probably make even more problems with newer Windows versions.
I could by no means invoke Fastboot on this device with Windows 8.1 and 10, Seven worked. So you had to go for Download Mode instead to recover to stock rom, then root with the Kingo tool, then install TWRP via Rashr or Flashify, the most time consuming way to recover from the frequent bricks.
And the LG Flash Tool 2014 always needed several attempts to get the job done. The latest official recovery tool from LG works in D/L Mode, but will always download the rom image anew.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)