FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Thread Deleted Email Thread
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hey Folks.

I'm just a beginner for Android, but have some expirience with several PC-Programming languages. Hopefully this is the right place for this Question?

The first thing I'd like to do sounds simple, but there is a point where I'm not able to find a solution.

The Quest:
I'd like to have 1%steps in akku-display. on my DEFY

What I' found until now:
There are 2 Files containing the Information!
/sys/devices/platform/cpcap_battery/power_supply/battery/capacity
there is a symlink to that file
/sys/class/power_supply/battery/capacity

and the file can be found on two furthermore places:
/d/battery
/sys/kernel/debug/battery

at the same locations there is a second file : charge_counter
This is also with the named other directorys.

The file "charge_counter" contains the 1%step-value for the akku-level!
The file "capacity" contains the 10%step-value which is displayed by all the Widgeds and tools

The files in /sys/devices and /sys/class can't be changed. Even with 777 they resist any write-atempt

The files in /d/battery and /sys/kernel/debug/battery CAN changed they are 666 by default.

So the idea was just to copy the content from "charge_counter" to "capacity" if "charge_counter" change its value.

at first it seems to work! Every Value I wrote to "capacity" is present with the whole System! It changes the value in every presence of "capacity" I found. Also It changes the Batt-Widgets content, the status-bar-symbol and so on.

BUT

The Problem:
Once changed the value in "capacity" the phone doesn'd update "charge_counter" any more. Also "voltage" an some other Values in that directory will stop showing the real state!

So once I copied the value it will shown fine and than never change again until reboot.

Question: HOW can I avoid stopping the Update?

Sorry for typo ... english is not the language I usaly speak

any ideas?
The Following User Says Thank You to bitboy0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bitboy0 Ad-Free
Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery, defy

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)