MOTOACTV apk for non Motorola?

Search This thread

Laaf2005

Jun 14, 2010
I doubt it. That's the same description I saw on day 1 of the US release and why I bought it thinking it would work with my non-Motorola android phone.

Crin

May 1, 2007
Yorkshire
I picked one of these up at Sweatshop in the UK today, I was one of the first 10 customers so I got £80 worth of accessories for it for free and £100 voucher to spend in store on clothing and apparel.

I got the Motoactv apk posted in this thread to install on my Galaxy Nexus but so far have had no luck pairing the two. The motoactv doesn't even show up in the devices list on my phone, am I missing something?

hef

Jun 8, 2007
Thanks for the link! Seems to work great on my Desire HD - got my MotoACTV today in the UK with the toys and voucher, too :D

Could you do the same magic for the MOTOACTV weather app? :)

Last edited:

tmj07jedi

Dec 3, 2011
here is the weather apk and motoactv from my motorola atrix

Attachments

• com.motorola.notifier.plugin.accuweather-5-1.4.apk
    2.6 MB · Views: 525
  • com.motorola.notification-2-1.0.265.apk
    772.1 KB · Views: 497
Last edited:
Reactions: av3ng3r85 and hef

wiaza100

Mar 14, 2004
Thanks for the link! Seems to work great on my Desire HD - got my MotoACTV today in the UK with the toys and voucher, too :D

Could you do the same magic for the MOTOACTV weather app? :)

Does it work properly
- Receive notifications of incoming calls and answer calls
– Receive text messages

I have Galaxy Note and thinking of buying it

matthebe

Sep 17, 2010
Inwood, WV
Google Pixel 5
Does it work properly
- Receive notifications of incoming calls and answer calls
– Receive text messages

I have Galaxy Note and thinking of buying it
Mine has worked great. Using Motorola Atrix, but with CM7 so no blur permissions.

I never tried a call, but text msgs came through fine. Only problem was they wouldn't be marked as read on the phone. You just have to clear the notification later, not a big deal.

Last edited:

dajoey

Aug 18, 2009
I was using the atrix with cm7 as well. Test the calls. It doesn't work. I'm pretty sure that it requires the blur dialer. I'm having the same exact issue on my new galaxy nexus. Text messages are fine. Calls, not so much.

hef

Jun 8, 2007

Thanks, dude. Will try them out later.

Does it work properly?
- Receive notifications of incoming calls and answer calls - just tested and yes it does on my Desire HD, although it didn't do caller ID. Could be to do with where you store your numbers on the phone, I store all mine in the Google phonebook.
– Receive text messages - yep, does that just fine on my Desire HD. Not sure about marking them as read, but it definitely receives and tells you who it was from.

To be honest, I don't really care about it talking to my phone - I got the MOTOACTV so I didn't have to take my phone out running, all I want is something to track my runs and something to listen to music on. The MOTOACTV ticks those boxes.

Have just loaded some Machine Head and Lamb of God onto it for my first run. Might report back my findings!

jkr284

Mar 3, 2008
Worksop
Unfortunatly the call notification is not working on my xperia play. I can install the app and it connects to the motoactv but no call notifications. Txt notifications do work.

Sent from my R800at using Tapatalk

How did you get it to pair with the xperia play, i launched the app tried to pair but it wont even do it when i click pair on both devices?

tmj07jedi

Dec 3, 2011
Laaf2005, your xperia play is 2.3.3 or 2.3.4 firmware. I install the app, on my att xperia play i can't get either text message or call notifications. Just curious. My atrix is 2.3.4 of course the apps work great on it. but i love my play. how did you get the txt working?

Last edited:

slackdaddymoney

Nov 16, 2008

I am not able to get the weather app to work on my Evo 4G. I am running CM7 as well but the weather app fails to install. I was able to install the notifier apk that was posted earlier in this thread and I am hoping someone can get the weather apk to work the same way.

Thanks

southernsontn

Nov 17, 2011
I am not able to get the weather app to work on my Evo 4G. I am running CM7 as well but the weather app fails to install. I was able to install the notifier apk that was posted earlier in this thread and I am hoping someone can get the weather apk to work the same way.

Thanks

try this.. it works on my Transform Ultra... just tested it.

Attachments

• signedcom.motorola.notifier.plugin.accuweather-5-1.4.apk
    2.5 MB · Views: 667

slackdaddymoney

Nov 16, 2008
Awesome, it does work on my Evo. I really wish Motorola would not be so narrow minded and share these apps across the Android family. It isn't like we are getting a bargain on this device. Special thanks to southernsontn for getting this for us!

mark_mike

Dec 15, 2011
motoactv app on non motorola

got a droid charge just bought the motoactv and only now found out that it won't pair. After following the thread, tried to download the .apk and open it using the Apk manager found through this thread. Long story short i can't figure it out. Can you please give me a step by step so I can get the app on my phone.

Thanks

gquit

Mar 17, 2011
Mark, you are making it more complicated then it is. Just download the file from page 2, put that on your sd card. On the phone make sure you have Unknown sources checked (settings> Applications > Unknown sources.) Then from the phone open a file browser, find the file on the sd card and open it, it will install.

Reactions: mark_mike

BigNas76

Mar 9, 2011
Thanks alot for the information. I was able to sync up my motoactv to my epic 4g with all features working(corded headphones) incoming calls, texts, missed alerts and accuweather

Jinx Lumos Joke

Sep 6, 2010
Budapest
Hello!

Just received my motoACTV, from US, it does sync properly with my rooted MotoDEFY,(running WajkIUI(modded MIUI)) but I can't make it sync with my computer and motoactv.com. When I plug in my MotoACTV via USB, a box opens up and says "Connection Error - Your MOTOACTV device cannot connect to the internet due to a firewall issue" But there is no firewall issues.... And MotoCAST says "The device is unable to communicate with the server. Please try again in a few minutes."

Please help me! I can't sync with motoactv.com, and can't set up wifi for the ACTV.

This could be because I'm from Hungary, and the device is from the US? I don't think so, I think it doesn't matter...

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

Edit: SOLVED! I had to use another PC.

Anyway, thanks for the app to my Defy! It's ridiculous that I have a MOTOROLA Defy, and can't download the MOTOACTV app officially...

Last edited:

tripranav

Oct 7, 2010
will motoactv work with xperia active?

also there is a watch function on motoactv, so do we have to keep the phone in range of motoactv to keep the time updated on motoactv? or if i keep my phone at home and just go out with my motoactv, will it show the correct time?

cleblanc92

Jun 13, 2007
...also there is a watch function on motoactv, so do we have to keep the phone in range of motoactv to keep the time updated on motoactv? or if i keep my phone at home and just go out with my motoactv, will it show the correct time?

MotoACTV keeps it's own time so a cell is not needed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks for posting the apk. I found a way to remove the Blur permissions and it installed on my Samsung charge. I don't get the watch until tomorrow, but it looks like the app is working fine :) Someone with one check it out and let me know.
    whenever i go to install it says "problem parsing package" any ideas? I'm on rooted device but i doubt thatd be it.

Did you unzip the app first? I guess I didn't really need to zip it, try this one.
    i got the apk off a droid 2 but couldn't get it to install on my EVO, it would just fail saying application not installed, its attached in case any of you can figure out

after looking into it further it seems like the install fails because it requires access to com.motorola.blur.contacts.permission and blur.service.blur.Permissions.INTERACT_BLUR_SERVICE which both don't exist on my EVO...

anyone know a way around this?

Thanks

try this.. it works on my Transform Ultra... just tested it.