FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][3-15-2011]TPC Inspire 4g Stock ROM Optimized v2|OC|HSUPA|No Bloat

4,055 posts
Thanks Meter: 363

By twopumpchump, Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Moderator on 7th March 2011, 01:24 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th May 2011, 09:09 AM |#1031  
Flag 41°50′13″N, 87°41′4″W
Thanks Meter: 1,212

Donate to Me
More
If you are looking for the update to enable HSUPA then it was already enabled from the beginning in this rom. No need to use the att update for that. If you went back to stock to get the update you would have to root your phone again in order to use other roms.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA Premium App.
13th May 2011, 02:28 AM |#1032  
Flag John Day
Thanks Meter: 11

More
There's already a rooted version of the update, u can flash that then come back 2 this Rom with the update in tact.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA Premium App
19th May 2011, 06:05 PM |#1033  
Flag Waco ,tx
Thanks Meter: 46

More
I've done the new update and now I'm back on tpc Rom and I'm getting a system update notice from ATT asking if I would like to download any one else getting this?

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA App
19th May 2011, 09:24 PM |#1034  
Flag McKinney, TX
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieguy85

I've done the new update and now I'm back on tpc Rom and I'm getting a system update notice from ATT asking if I would like to download any one else getting this?.........

I did ATTN1's update and have not had any problems. I am still on TPC v1 and did a nandroid back up before the update. I restored the "DATA ONLY" using the
nandroid back up after the update. At first I seemed to have a very high battery usage, but I then went in and shut off all running, unused apps. There was one app called "HTCcheckin" that appeared to be a major factor in battery usage. When I turned it off my battary usage went way down and seems to be better than it was before the update.

Good luck - Mutha
24th May 2011, 12:35 AM |#1035  
Flag Mendoza
Thanks Meter: 48

More
How can I get the original Boot Animation and sound back? I want my ROM to look the more stock-like as possible.
24th May 2011, 04:49 AM |#1036  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
unless I am missing something here, is everyone on this rom getting the update notification? if so what are you guys doing about it?

I would like to make the update icon go away, but only way to do that is do the upate. will it jack everything up if i accept the update?
24th May 2011, 06:42 AM |#1037  
Flag Harrison, OH
Thanks Meter: 109

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by divinewisdom

unless I am missing something here, is everyone on this rom getting the update notification? if so what are you guys doing about it?

I would like to make the update icon go away, but only way to do that is do the upate. will it jack everything up if i accept the update?

I've never received the notification, but my wife (who runs her Inspire stock) did. Don't apply the OTA update on a rooted Inspire. It has nothing that this ROM doesn't already have and can cause your Inspire to lose root, from what I've heard and read. You should be able to disable AT&T/HTC update notifications by doing this:

From Home Screen, click -> Menu, click -> Settings, click -> AT&T Software Update, click -> HTC Wi-Fi Software Update, and uncheck -> Scheduled Check.

The OTA really just adds HSUPA to a stock phone, which this ROM already enables once it's flashed.
24th May 2011, 06:28 PM |#1038  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne2199

I've never received the notification, but my wife (who runs her Inspire stock) did. Don't apply the OTA update on a rooted Inspire. It has nothing that this ROM doesn't already have and can cause your Inspire to lose root, from what I've heard and read. You should be able to disable AT&T/HTC update notifications by doing this:

From Home Screen, click -> Menu, click -> Settings, click -> AT&T Software Update, click -> HTC Wi-Fi Software Update, and uncheck -> Scheduled Check.

The OTA really just adds HSUPA to a stock phone, which this ROM already enables once it's flashed.

I tried the above, but the update notification icon is still showing up! even after a reboot. Any other suggestions? I dont want to install the update, just get rid of the notification.
25th May 2011, 09:51 AM |#1039  
Flag 41°50′13″N, 87°41′4″W
Thanks Meter: 1,212

Donate to Me
More
I know I cleared the update notification and if I remember correctly it may have just been done through the top taskbar.
25th May 2011, 10:19 PM |#1040  
Flag Louisiana
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf_2

I know I cleared the update notification and if I remember correctly it may have just been done through the top taskbar.

I did the same. I pressed on it to open it up then just cancelled. It gave me some reminder about doing the update at a later date when I cancelled and I haven't seen it since - that was a couple weeks ago.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G
25th May 2011, 10:40 PM |#1041  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapdaddy

I did the same. I pressed on it to open it up then just cancelled. It gave me some reminder about doing the update at a later date when I cancelled and I haven't seen it since - that was a couple weeks ago.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G

thanks I got that. I was afraid to click it, then it would start the download process. Its cleared now.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
inspire, rooted, stock rom

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)