FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!
Post Reply Email Thread
I probably didn't give the phone much of a chance I only had it for 48 hours, but the lag and the fact I got offered a iPhone 5S, Galaxy Note 3 and a Nexus 7 (2013) for it, made the decision easy.

What phones have people decided to move too, either by trading or returning there Galaxy S5?
15th April 2014, 07:09 PM |#2  
Flag York
Thanks Meter: 1,546

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nintendolinky

I probably didn't give the phone much of a chance I only had it for 48 hours, but the lag and the fact I got offered a iPhone 5S, Galaxy Note 3 and a Nexus 7 (2013) for it, made the decision easy.

What phones have people decided to move too, either by trading or returning there Galaxy S5?

You got offered all three? or chose one of the three? - 48 hours isn't much of a test I gotta say, I'm actually toying moving to it myself (M7>Note 3> Nexus 5). I ordered an M8 but.. problems with delivery + CPW being idiots I cancelled it.. however I'm in two minds still as to switch to the S5 or the M8.
15th April 2014, 07:13 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Wakefield, West Yorkshire
Thanks Meter: 302

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto

You got offered all three? or chose one of the three? - 48 hours isn't much of a test I gotta say, I'm actually toying moving to it myself (M7>Note 3> Nexus 5). I ordered an M8 but.. problems with delivery + CPW being idiots I cancelled it.. however I'm in two minds still as to switch to the S5 or the M8.

I got offered all three for the S5, so it was kind of a no brainer. I'm now toying with the idea of trading the iPhone for another S5, and trading the Note 3 for an iPhone, seems long winded but that's the only option. I need an android phone and a phone with iOS.
15th April 2014, 07:16 PM |#4  
Flag York
Thanks Meter: 1,546

Donate to Me
More
Regarding the lag, I've read a few places (reviews also) that it can be pretty bad, how true is it? - surely a phone with such a high spec shouldn't lag even with TW bloat?
16th April 2014, 05:56 PM |#5  
Parts Unknown
Thanks Meter: 109

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto

Regarding the lag, I've read a few places (reviews also) that it can be pretty bad, how true is it? - surely a phone with such a high spec shouldn't lag even with TW bloat?

I've had mine since Saturday and haven't noticed any lag at all... I also did the update right away and removed lookout though. Also, once you root, you'll see the stock cache size is 128k on the cfq scheduler. I set it to 4096 and test-iosched and, well, you be the judge...

The Following User Says Thank You to DoUevenRoot For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DoUevenRoot Ad-Free
30th April 2014, 02:17 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 117

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoUevenRoot

I've had mine since Saturday and haven't noticed any lag at all... I also did the update right away and removed lookout though. Also, once you root, you'll see the stock cache size is 128k on the cfq scheduler. I set it to 4096 and test-iosched and, well, you be the judge...

What app is that btw?
16th April 2014, 01:15 PM |#7  
Flag NORWICH, England
Thanks Meter: 632

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nintendolinky

I got offered all three for the S5, so it was kind of a no brainer. I'm now toying with the idea of trading the iPhone for another S5, and trading the Note 3 for an iPhone, seems long winded but that's the only option. I need an android phone and a phone with iOS.

Keep the Note 3 mate! I am in the fortunate situation of owning the S5 and a Note 3. Once you get a big screen device like the Note there's no going back. I still prefer it over any other phone I have ever had (including the HTC One M8 which I had for a few days)
15th April 2014, 07:18 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 87

More
Where did you get this offer? I'd happily part with my s5 for those 3!

Sent from my SM-G900F using xda app-developers app
15th April 2014, 09:14 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I got the S5 Yesterday, and it FLIES! This is my First Samsung phone, not a fan of the UI really, but came from HTC, figured I would go this way and I am happy so far. The Phone is super fast, though, but then again coming from an Evo LTE is a huge jump, even though that phone I LOVED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by declan8888

Where did you get this offer? I'd happily part with my s5 for those 3!

Sent from my SM-G900F using xda app-developers app

15th April 2014, 09:24 PM |#10  
San Diego
Thanks Meter: 1,573

More
Where is this "a lot of lag" coming from? I just don't have it and am curious where it's coming from.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)