!! imei 0 !!

Search This thread

android69800

Oct 6, 2011
Lyon
Hi

I don't know how but my imei has been deleted
I flash back the stock firmware using rsdlite but it's the same

There is a solution to restore my old imei ?

edit

Rom JB --> Rom ICS --> imei 0 --> recover it http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1960918

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-10-07-13-33-49.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-10-07-13-33-49.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 1,074
Last edited:

cellzealot

Jan 4, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Yes, you can repair the IMEI using RadioComm or QPST to write it back to NV Item 550 NV_UE_IMEI_I.

You need to use DIAG mode access to read/write to the NVM(Non Volatile Memory) of the radio chipset.

I don't have time before work to write up the complete method, but you can definitely fix this and I will try to post the method with links tonight after work.

You will need the latest version of RadioComm and Motorola drivers installed on your PC or QPST 2.7 build 378 or later.

android69800

Oct 6, 2011
Lyon
Thank you it would be really great to do that! I think it's going to happen to other people too

So I try and if I can't restore my imei I will exchange it against a new tomorrow

Last edited:

cellzealot

Jan 4, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
I am not certain it will work on your device with this chip set so I am discussing it with a knowledgeable friend.
I don't have an HD, I have a dev edition Razr M, so I can't verify everything myself for your device.

Edit: In the meantime, it would be a good idea to explain everything you have done leading up to this so we can establish better information about your circumstances for other users.

Last edited:

android69800

Oct 6, 2011
Lyon
wipe data, wipe cache, flash ICS SFR rom with rsdlite, I tried to root from recovery with .zip (doesn't work), root with motofail2go, and update JB from recovery (root ok)

I think maybe it's because of that : when I flashed ICS rom with rsdlite at the end of flashing the phone reboot alone... so I unplogged it without waiting the "finish state" on rsdlite...

Stange thing, the phone still worked some hours although I rebooted it several times
The night, no network, and I saw that I had no imei

I hope you enjoy my "google trad" English :cyclops:

cellzealot

Jan 4, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Update: After more research, it looks like I was wrong and it is not possible to write/repair IMEI on this phone, at least with the tools we currently have.

I have spoken with a good friend and tried myself in various ways and the NV Item is read only.

I suggest you return your phone. Although it's possible we may find a solution, it is not likely to be in any time frame you would be willing to wait for.

Last edited:

sacariz

Feb 25, 2011
Tresques
Update: After more research, it looks like I was wrong and it is not possible to write/repair IMEI on this phone, at least with the tools we currently have.

I have spoken with a good friend and tried myself in various ways and the NV Item is read only.

I suggest you return your phone. Although it's possible we may find a solution, it is not likely to be in any time frame you would be willing to wait for.

Ho my god i have the same problem, but don't forget... bootloader unlock => warranty void ! OMG plz try help us :crying:

android69800

Oct 6, 2011
Lyon

Okay we are now 4 persons with the same problem I hope you will succeed!!

Last edited:

madmonkey57

Oct 21, 2012
BE CAREFUL, if you flashed JB, DON'T reflash ICS after otherwise the phone is dead (imei : 0)
Too late... Mine's dead too...

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

Anyone tried flashing another ROM than SR ICS to see if it somehow restores the IMEI? (I am currently flashing ICS Orange...)

Last edited:

boakun

Mar 26, 2010
Vancouver
I went back to ics. Had no signal. So did a wipe and flashed ics again and my signal is fine now

Sent from my XT925 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 02:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 AM ----------

Imei still shows 0 though

Sent from my XT925 using xda premium

madmonkey57

Oct 21, 2012
Too late... Mine's dead too...

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

Anyone tried flashing another ROM than SR ICS to see if it somehow restores the IMEI? (I am currently flashing ICS Orange...)
Tried plenty of flash/wipe combinations, but can't get my IMEI back...

cellzealot

Jan 4, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
The fact that it can be blanked by some bug suggests a vulnerability itself, so there is some hope for a solution.
A similar bug has presented itself on the Samsung GS III but because Samsung security is much less "secure" on their devices, it can be fixed by various NV access methods.
Motorola, for better or worse, has always had much more rigorous security protocols on their devices, in particular relating to ESN/MEID/IMEI repair.

If we can learn the mechanism of the bug that corrupts/erases it then we may learn how to fix it.

FrAsErTaG

May 22, 2009
Canberra
Flash back up to JB, IMEI will still be 0 but radio will function again

Sent from my XT925 using xda app-developers app

G

GuestK00136

My IMEI is currently @ 0 however with the JB upgrade, I can, at the very best, establish a HSPA+ connection.

LTE (although shown as an option) no longer works.

I'm curious if this is something that could be resolved with Cygwin & Dsixda's Kitchen (e.g. use the JB modem firmware on ICS)?

Best of luck to everyone with this issue. Hopefully we'll have a resolve in a few days.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    With QPST EFS Explorer, I seem to have a full access to lotsa system stuff, including NV items, but I can't figure out which one would be related to IMEI, how dangerous it would be to tweak, ...

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

Ran RF NV Manager and I confirm that NV Item 550 is gone. WIll try to recreate it... (I'm afraid I will screw my phone even more...)

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

O my god, I think it worked! My IMEI and IMEI SV are both back!!!! I don't have time now, but I promise I will report tonight. That will give me some time to test my radio and my phone and boot the device a few times.
    Flash back up to JB, IMEI will still be 0 but radio will function again

Sent from my XT925 using xda app-developers app
    Tried that but it didn't work... Still no radio...

Question for those who have this issue.

How many of you have access to a 32bit Win XP PC?

The best method for dumping a useful set of NV items to try and understand what is happening in the radio is QPST Software Download using the Backup tab.
    In order to do this you need to use a 32bit system because the 5.9.1 prerelease driver set we have that supports the M/HD and properly loads the Qualcomm diagnostic devices is only 32 bit. There has not been a 64bit release of this version. These device interfaces are loaded when you boot into BP Tools mode and make using the Qualcomm software tools to read the NVM about 100x faster and avoid the need for Hardware Virtual Serial Port to create a COM port for QPST.

If we can get a look at the NVM or perhaps even use QXDM for realtime monitoring of the radio, we can begin to understand the issue better.
    The best I can do is install XP 32bits in a Virtualbox VM... Dunno if QPST can properly access the phone through the virtual USB though... Let me know if that would work (also please note that I'll be returning the phone to Motorola on monday morning (CET).

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

As for the investigation, one piece of information for the devs out here. I now have 2 separate XT925 devices in Google play...

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

All right, XP SP3 installed in a VM... Could you please provide me with appropriate QPST and driver download links?

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

Found QPST 2.7.378. Still need the 5.9.1 pre-release drivers you mentioned...

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

Found the drivers... Will try the QPST Software Download backup...

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

Seems to be working... Currently backing up NV memory from phone...
    Attached in NV memory backup. Hope it helps. Anything else I can do while I still have the phone?
    Question for those who have this issue.

How many of you have access to a 32bit Win XP PC?

The best method for dumping a useful set of NV items to try and understand what is happening in the radio is QPST Software Download using the Backup tab.
    In order to do this you need to use a 32bit system because the 5.9.1 prerelease driver set we have that supports the M/HD and properly loads the Qualcomm diagnostic devices is only 32 bit. There has not been a 64bit release of this version. These device interfaces are loaded when you boot into BP Tools mode and make using the Qualcomm software tools to read the NVM about 100x faster and avoid the need for Hardware Virtual Serial Port to create a COM port for QPST.

If we can get a look at the NVM or perhaps even use QXDM for realtime monitoring of the radio, we can begin to understand the issue better.
    I think the key to writing it back maybe the fact that it was showing 0.
    I never blanked mine before attempting to write to it because I didn't want to risk my phone.

This is very important knowledge and we should learn a lot from the solution and methods.
    I see. I can confirm there was no nv 550 at all and I had to create it.

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2