Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[Q] Some Questions about the Moto G XT1033

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By r15h48h, Junior Member on 1st March 2014, 04:28 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I basically aim for getting rid of the motorola junk from my moto g.
current setup : disabled few motorola apps.. installed google now launcher.
i want to get rid of the rest of the moto apps like motocare etc which cannot be disabled.

suggest me either a way to remove those appilcations or steps on how to convert my dual sim XT1033 Moto G to Google Play Edition.

Addition Questions : 1. if i try to install any XT1032(single sim variant) custom roms on XT1033 what happens?
A) i loose control over both sim networks?
B) i maintain 1 sim and the second sim is invalid.
C) the rom fails to load and phone crashes.
D) something else. happens.

2. If i unlock bootloader from motorola website to root my phone does my warranty get void? if yes, is it possible to lock the bootloader again to get phone back under warranty. also is there any other way of rooting the device without messing with warranties?

Thanks a ton for your help!
RIshabh
MOTO G XT1033 - INDIA

1st March 2014, 05:29 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
The single sim roms don't work on the dual sim models. They might flash okay, but they won't work properly.

Unlocking the bootloader voids the warranty and you need an unlocked bootloader to root the device. Relocking the device won't bring back your warranty because it's done and registered by Motorola. This applies to your region though, maybe not others.

I think the system software is installed differently on the GPE compared to the standard Moto G. There is a thread comparing the /app/ and /app-priv/ of the two devices.

You might not be able to update the phone OTA successfully if the particular update requires certain files to be in place and unmodified. That will probably depend on the update and what it's addressing.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)