Card reader problem

Search This thread

londo

Aug 2, 2008
My Motorola Atrix, (Android 2.3.7, CyanogenMod-7.2.0-olympus) seems to eat external SD cards.

What happens is as following - my previous SD card died, so I have a brand new external card. The PC reads it perfectly fine. I copy files there without any problem. The files are readable on a different PC, so everything works OK. Then I insert the card to the phone. The phone fails to mount the card, claiming that it is corrupt. At this point, PCs are also unable to read the card, and I need to format it. After I format it, the card works fine on PCs, but not on the phone.

I tried formatting it both to FAT32 and exFAT. "Erase SD card" from the Storage option doesn't help. Booting into recovery, and trying to format the card there gives me an error message (something generic, "error formatting card" or something like that), and the same practical results. Does it mean that I can't used sd cards anymore, or is there an idea on how to revive it?

And, if the reader is fried, then how can I make the camera, the music player, and some other programs to treat /mnt/emmc/ as a legitimate storage space? Both the camera and the music player refuse to work claiming that there is no sd-card.

Thank you all in advance.

andresrivas

Aug 4, 2010
Córdoba
After you try to format it via recovery and it fails, go back to main menu and from there to advanced-> show log. There will be a more detailed error.
As fir the second, on settings go to storage, hit the menu button and enter confug. There should be the option to swap both storages

Hit the damn thanks button instead!
Enviado desde mi MB860

londo

Aug 2, 2008
After you try to format it via recovery and it fails, go back to main menu and from there to advanced-> show log. There will be a more detailed error.
As fir the second, on settings go to storage, hit the menu button and enter confug. There should be the option to swap both storages

Enviado desde mi MB860

For some weird reason, it worked now.

Where is the "thanks" button?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Enviado desde mi MB860
    Where is the "thanks" button?
    You're joking, right?

If you are on the phone, go to a computer. There is no way you could not see it.