[APP][1.5+] Safe N Secure Notes Notepad

Search This thread

msappz

Oct 10, 2013
www.msappz.com
Safe N Secure Notes is a simple, no fuss application which allows you to store your notes easily and securely. Ideal for storing sensitive information like email addresses/passwords, ATM Pins, Bank Account Numbers etc.

This is not just any other notes taking application, this one works smartly. Once installed and initial setup is done, the application hides itself(There is no icon to launch the application). The only way to launch the application is by entering a special pattern on your device's dialer.

Notes are stored in encrypted format using industry standard AES Encryption.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
1. Once the application is installed, click on the application icon to launch setup.
2. Enter your secret passcode which will be used to open the application and your email address. Your passcode will be emailed to you for future reference.
3. Restart your device. The application icon will not be visible anymore.
4. Open dialer and press **[your_secret_code] to launch the application.
5. Now you can add notes using "Add Note" button. Any existing note can be deleted by long pressing on that note's row which will bring up "Delete Note".

CHANGELOG
--------------------

Version 2.0 (SafeNSecureNotes_V3.apk)

1. Included Wifi Only Devices Support! The application will appear as a normal calculator. Entering the secret code and pressing any of the non numeric buttons will launch the notes interface.

2. - Support additional pattern for launching application: **[secret_code]# <---Using this pattern will not trigger a call when incorrect secret code is entered by mistake.

3. Changed Ad placement to improve user experience. <b>Added menu option to purchase Ad Free version. </b>

Version 1.1 (SafeNSecureNotes_V2.apk)

1. Moved "Save Note" button to top on Add Note/Edit Note screens.

2. Fixed Security Flaw wherein user could launch the application without entering secret code from Application History (in case the application was started earlier). Please note, DO NOT use "Home" button to exit out of the application. If you do this, the secret code will be visible in "Dialer" App History.

3. Added Backup/Restore to/from SD Card. WARNING: Restoring data on an existing installation will completely overwrite the database.

Playstore Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.msappz.safensecurenotes
AD FREE FULL VERSION(Includes Tablet Support): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.msappz.safensecurenotespro

Please rate/review the application if you find it useful.

Attachments

• SafeNSecureNotes_V2.apk
    726.8 KB · Views: 653
  • SafeNSecureNotes_v3.apk
    730.9 KB · Views: 824
Last edited:

Kurotsuchi

Aug 29, 2013
Nice app will give it a try!

I really really like the way the app opens through the dialer, well done buddy! will definitely need this app.

Last edited:
Reactions: tkdsl

Viktor0610

Dec 25, 2007
Great app!

Suggestions/bug(?)reports.
It would be nice NOT to see the program in the recent apps list.
As I see, the program puts another blank "Phone" screen to the recent app list, and if I tap on this, the program starts without the code.

Samsung Captivate Glide running CM 10.2 (4.3.1)

Reactions: MoHed and msappz

msappz

Oct 10, 2013
www.msappz.com
Great app!

As I see, the program puts another blank "Phone" screen to the recent app list, and if I tap on this, the program starts without the code.

Thanks for the feedback and yes this is a bug indeed. I am working on a fix and will be uploading the latest version soon.

msappz

Oct 10, 2013
www.msappz.com
How do you or can you change the settings?

I am assuming by settings you are referring to changing the secret code/pin. This is not supported in the current version, but I will take note of this and implement. It should be done in a day or two.

Can we get rid of the ads? Thanks

Right now there is no "Ad Free" version as such but I will add it too (within a day) and post the link here.

Reactions: Waynehead69

MoHed

Dec 11, 2009
The Web
Very nice program, 1 bug

Great app!

I have this problem too. MsAppz, the dev said he will fix it. If he does this is a great 5* app.
I am running 4.31 CM 10.2 on Note N7000.
Thanks MsAppz

msappz

Oct 10, 2013
www.msappz.com
I have this problem too. MsAppz, the dev said he will fix it. If he does this is a great 5* app.
I am running 4.31 CM 10.2 on Note N7000.
Thanks MsAppz
This problem should be fixed with the latest version (v2) that I have posted. The application itself does not appear in recent app list anymore. Please note, you need to *always* exit the application using back button. If the application is exited using *Home* button, the code will remain visible on the dialer in the app history. But if you exit the application using back button, the dialer will appear as blank in the history.

Please let me know if you still face any issues.

plethorahil

Jun 12, 2013
Thank you so much ....awesome new concept liked it much ....keep it up ...

Sent from my WT19i using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

yasir4abbas

Nov 18, 2012
lahore
A really awesome app....great job...I would love it even more if it had a photo attachment option as well but I still give it a 5 star.:good::

Jul 22, 2013
please make it available for tablets.

It looks a nice app but can you please add any alternative method for using on tablets other than opening the app via dialer trick.
I hope I will see its available for my N7 :laugh:

Reactions: My1xT

mitwilsch

Oct 31, 2013
Call log

Does the code entered appear in the call log?
Don't have a device to install this on atm.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Safe N Secure Notes is a simple, no fuss application which allows you to store your notes easily and securely. Ideal for storing sensitive information like email addresses/passwords, ATM Pins, Bank Account Numbers etc.

This is not just any other notes taking application, this one works smartly. Once installed and initial setup is done, the application hides itself(There is no icon to launch the application). The only way to launch the application is by entering a special pattern on your device's dialer.

Notes are stored in encrypted format using industry standard AES Encryption.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
    1. Once the application is installed, click on the application icon to launch setup.
    2. Enter your secret passcode which will be used to open the application and your email address. Your passcode will be emailed to you for future reference.
    3. Restart your device. The application icon will not be visible anymore.
    4. Open dialer and press **[your_secret_code] to launch the application.
    5. Now you can add notes using "Add Note" button. Any existing note can be deleted by long pressing on that note's row which will bring up "Delete Note".

CHANGELOG
    --------------------

Version 2.0 (SafeNSecureNotes_V3.apk)

1. Included Wifi Only Devices Support! The application will appear as a normal calculator. Entering the secret code and pressing any of the non numeric buttons will launch the notes interface.

2. - Support additional pattern for launching application: **[secret_code]# <---Using this pattern will not trigger a call when incorrect secret code is entered by mistake.

3. Changed Ad placement to improve user experience. <b>Added menu option to purchase Ad Free version. </b>

Version 1.1 (SafeNSecureNotes_V2.apk)

1. Moved "Save Note" button to top on Add Note/Edit Note screens.

2. Fixed Security Flaw wherein user could launch the application without entering secret code from Application History (in case the application was started earlier). Please note, DO NOT use "Home" button to exit out of the application. If you do this, the secret code will be visible in "Dialer" App History.

3. Added Backup/Restore to/from SD Card. WARNING: Restoring data on an existing installation will completely overwrite the database.

Playstore Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.msappz.safensecurenotes
    AD FREE FULL VERSION(Includes Tablet Support): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.msappz.safensecurenotespro

Please rate/review the application if you find it useful.
    Great app!

Nice app will give it a try!

I really really like the way the app opens through the dialer, well done buddy! will definitely need this app.
    How do you or can you change the settings?

I am assuming by settings you are referring to changing the secret code/pin. This is not supported in the current version, but I will take note of this and implement. It should be done in a day or two.

Can we get rid of the ads? Thanks

Right now there is no "Ad Free" version as such but I will add it too (within a day) and post the link here.
    please make it available for tablets.

It looks a nice app but can you please add any alternative method for using on tablets other than opening the app via dialer trick.
    I hope I will see its available for my N7 :laugh: