[Q] I messed up, and I have no idea what I got myself into. (Returning to stock FW)

Search This thread

animaprocess

Nov 20, 2014
I decided today to read a few guides and watch some videos on how to root my HTC One M8 w/ Harman audio. So I successfully rooted it, and installed Carbon Rom. At first things went well, and to make a long story short, I would REALLY like to revert back to my original firmware. All bloatware included, I dont care. I really have no idea what I'm doing with any of this, and the internet keeps bringing me here to find solutions so I figured I would post my question. Currently I'm downloading an RUU with hopes that it will magically fix everything (file name: RUU_M8_WHL_K444_SENSE60_SPCS_MR_Sprint_WWE_Harman_3.30.654.2_R_Radio_1.08.20.0916_NV_SPCS_1.52_003_release_395175_signed_2 (1).exe)

If anyone could please just give me some sort of direction on reverting back to the normal firmware, I would be IMMENSELY appreciative.

NoSpamDan

Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2012
candyroms.org
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7T
You might start by checking this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2701376

There are instructions on how to get into recovery and download the stock firmware, based on the results returned from running certain fastboot commands.

Please keep in mind that I don't have the M8, nor have I tried the steps mentioned, so this is entirely at your own risk.

Good luck!