iContact 0.6 update + source code

Search This thread

Azimuth21

Dec 11, 2006
San Jose, CA
@Aaron79/ventowtf
never personally used up or down for this app, because it's touch-based. pressing right will take you to the favorites screen, and when you're in the favorites screen, pressing left will take you to all contacts. check the first post for more info

rajismine

Sep 6, 2007
the app is awesome.

I have been using it since 0.4 came out.

I see that the flow has become slower and a little laggish sometimes in 0.6 over 0.4. even 0.5 was laggish. what cud be the reason?

7s7

Feb 17, 2006
Melbourne
Hi

Please help how do i edit my contact

Many thanks
Willtay

When you tap on the name you want, it brings up the contacts phone numbers, just double tap on their name again and it brings up the standard contact edit window.

sometimes, otherwise just single tap brings you to the normal contact number screen where you can then use 'menu','edit'

Last edited:

ahmedfikry

Jun 13, 2007
Alphabet button

Can some one please add alphabet button on favorite screen too

Thanks

bvone21

Mar 5, 2008
The navigation for this program happens to work well on my blackJack II as well (Scroll wheel, Dpad). I'd like to use it as my contacts manager, but when it runs I can see only the top half of the program on the bottom half of my screen (if that makes sense). This is a landscape QVGA device, any ideas on how I can get this to work?

Fixing this could possibly extend the program's compatibility to a slew of WM6 standard devices (I know that wasn't the original intention...but us non-touch screen users feel a bit left out sometime, haha)

ahmedfikry

Jun 13, 2007
me too

ever since I upgraded to .6 the dpad up and down stopped working. Any thoughts?

with my navigation button it wont scroll
it shows only the letter (alphabet) i am on..but dosent go higher or lower...only works by touching the screen...older versions worked with both ways
can that be fixed please?

Thanks

ahmedfikry

Jun 13, 2007
PocketCM is not a today screen app - it will not sit inside the face of an ultimatelaunch cube

Hi

how can i have it as a side of Ultimatelaunch? open all the time for scrolling???

i can only add a link (icon) then after tapping it opens...how can i have the names open on UL side "sitting" there & ready

can you explain steps please?

Thanks

evilc

Mar 2, 2005
London
The only kind of app displayable in a UL face is a "Today Screen Item" - everything else is just buttons to launch other apps full screen.

At the moment, there is nothing like I suggested - like iContact in behaviour but as a today screen item. The closest is Cnetx Face Contact but that is a horizontal scroller not a vertical scroller as would be optimal for a UL face. The authors have stated that they may add an option to scroll by vertical gesture and have a vertical list in the future, but no joy last time I checked. Check the thread for info though, as it is actually possible to scroll by horizontal gesture inside the face of an UL cube, it just isn't very intuitive IMHO.

I am currently trying to teach myself WM5 programming so that I can convert iContact to a today screen item, but that could take a couple of months...

Last edited:

ahmedfikry

Jun 13, 2007
Thank you

The only kind of app displayable in a UL face is a "Today Screen Item" - everything else is just buttons to launch other apps full screen.

At the moment, there is nothing like I suggested - like iContact in behaviour but as a today screen item. The closest is Cnetx Face Contact but that is a horizontal scroller not a vertical scroller as would be optimal for a UL face. The authors have stated that they may add an option to scroll by vertical gesture and have a vertical list in the future, but no joy last time I checked.

Thanks for your reply
I already have face contact & it works well with UL but i only have my favorite contacts there
I was hoping that there was a way to have iContact open in UL face all time ...i just misunderstood & thought its possible

Thanks again

evilc

Mar 2, 2005
London
Thanks for your reply
I already have face contact & it works well with UL but i only have my favorite contacts there
I was hoping that there was a way to have iContact open in UL face all time ...i just misunderstood & thought its possible

Thanks again

Yeah, I am actually planning to do it sort of the other way around - iContact in UL for favorites, and FingerFriendlyFriends as my main full screen contacts app. I figured that would provide the fastest combination for being able to quickly pull any contact just using your fingers.

jreisser

Mar 28, 2008
Hi,

whats your development environment? Is it possible to change the great app with the free Visual Studio Express Version or should I get the full Visual Studio version?

Thanks
jr

ikarus

Oct 26, 2005
www.chi-tai.net
excellent app. That's my new Contact-app hehe
It's small and provides a really quick access to the contacts.

A great addition could be showing the contact-picture stored in poom.
Edit: If you're interested, then there is a great example called "PictureDialer" within the samples of SDK.

Thanks for that app!
ikarus

Last edited:

willtay

Dec 18, 2007
When you tap on the name you want, it brings up the contacts phone numbers, just double tap on their name again and it brings up the standard contact edit window.

sometimes, otherwise just single tap brings you to the normal contact number screen where you can then use 'menu','edit'

Noted and thanks

evilc

Mar 2, 2005
London
Hi,

whats your development environment? Is it possible to change the great app with the free Visual Studio Express Version or should I get the full Visual Studio version?

Thanks
jr

AFAIK, Express will not do mobile apps, you need either visual studio 2005/2008 or eVC++ 4.0

I think the author used eVC (which is free) as I had to convert the project when I imported it into VS2005.