CHome Configurator for WM6.1: Version 1.1.0.5 FINAL (UPDATED - 2008/07/11)

Search This thread

tlogix

Does it just reload the homescreen? If it does, it want work with for people using the TestUIPlugin(like CHome Weather). If this panel is being used, then a reboot is needed to reload the homescreen. But I could be wrong, I was once before.:D

This actually refresh the CHome plugin on device homescreen. Since I'm not using any of the CTestUIPlugin panels, I cannot tell if it work for those who use it. Anyone please confirm if it works for CHome Weather or not. Thank you.

tlogix

When I install either this one or CHome Weather, the top bar with the status icon disappears. If I uninstall both, the top bar reappears. I have tried it several times, and I get the same results. Any ideas?

This software doesn't use or install any kind of custom component. It is just another standard smartphone software so it's unlikely that it is the cause. But in the worst case scenario, uninstall both, reinstall just CHome Configurator and reboot just to see if that works for you.

Last edited:

showaco

Aug 10, 2007
Waco, TX
Anyone please confirm if it works for CHome Weather or not. Thank you.

I downloaded and tried while using testuiplugin, and it refreshed to a blank homescreen. I waited a minute to make sure and then had to reboot to get my homescreen back. Could you give an option of refresh or reboot? I reinstalled first release for now.

outerdepth

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 13, 2008
Memphis
You have to reboot your phone when using the TestUIPlugin, whenever you have changed a layout or screen, whatever.

This is discussed in great detail throughout that thread. I know you are there, I see your name alot. Anyway, I know it can be hard to find things in those big threads, so I just thought I would give you the heads up. Refresh wont cut it. You must reboot.

showaco

Aug 10, 2007
Waco, TX
You have to reboot your phone when using the TestUIPlugin, whenever you have changed a layout or screen, whatever.

This is discussed in great detail throughout that thread. I know you are there, I see your name alot. Anyway, I know it can be hard to find things in those big threads, so I just thought I would give you the heads up. Refresh wont cut it. You must reboot.

Yea, I know. I was just pointing it out to the creator of this great program so he could make some adjustments to make it more usable by more people with less headaches. Thanks for the info though.:cool:

kevitoNY

Sep 30, 2007
Seattle
im tryin to get the myfave panel to work but when i enable it nothin pops up....do i need some kinda my fave panel cab or reg settings or somthin sorry if this is a stupid question and the answers obvious.

NRGZ28

Retired Senior Mod & Senior RD
Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
I dont think the MyFaves panel works... It probably needs some special soft from TMobile to properly enable it.

tlogix

im tryin to get the myfave panel to work but when i enable it nothin pops up....do i need some kinda my fave panel cab or reg settings or somthin sorry if this is a stupid question and the answers obvious.

It will work only if you have Ricky's ROM installed (i don't remember exactly from which version he added that). It's not the same thing as MyFavs from T-Mobile. However, configure MyFavs on Ricky ROM is really a pain in the "you know what" :eek: . I'll might write a new configuration utility for that if there's enough requests but that's the suject for another topic.

outerdepth

Apr 13, 2008
Memphis
Please DO THAT

I will request it. I have more than 5 faves on mine. I have like 10. It would be nice if whenever I needed, I could easily use your program. By the way, it kicks ass. Thanks for writing it.

Hopefully, one day soon, I will be able to write something YOU need and can return the favor. Until then, thanks and hope you listen to my request of your COOL idea.
:cool:
It will work only if you have Ricky's ROM installed (i don't remember exactly from which version he added that). It's not the same thing as MyFavs from T-Mobile. However, configure MyFavs on Ricky ROM is really a pain in the "you know what" :eek: . I'll might write a new configuration utility for that if there's enough requests but that's the suject for another topic.

outerdepth

Apr 13, 2008
Memphis
This Should Fix It

Not a stupid question. Under your registry keys, there are two places, you need to look.

One is HKLM Security\CHome\Default Settings. Under that key you should see a list that has page order. I bet you, your MyFaves isn't even written in there. It might even be called CPhotoDialer. Add CMyFaves to that page order value where you want it placed in the plugin. THEN....

Go to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome. Look at the page order there. Same deal as above. Do that in both of these reg entry places. You should then save and reboot your phone(Turn off and on).

This is what I've had to do every single time I update the weather panel program. It should do the trick. If not, please post. I want to know how to solve this problem for everyone, so I can post the Master Solution or write a program that does this for you.:cool:

satru

Apr 22, 2008
another request from here.

thanks

kewl01

Aug 11, 2007
Is there any way to customise the other tabs instead of just CLinks, CWelcomeCenter and Settings?

tlogix

Is there any way to customise the other tabs instead of just CLinks, CWelcomeCenter and Settings?

Beside the panels based on CWelcomeCenter, Settings, CTestUIPlugin, there isn't much we could customize. CHome Configurator only allows customizing the panels based on CWelcomCenter and Settings plugins because of this simple reason. CTestUIPlugin is only meant to be used/updated automatically by a script or software such as CHome Weather.

tlogix

Not a stupid question. Under your registry keys, there are two places, you need to look.

One is HKLM Security\CHome\Default Settings.

This is what I've had to do every single time I update the weather panel program. It should do the trick. If not, please post. I want to know how to solve this problem for everyone, so I can post the Master Solution or write a program that does this for you.:cool:

I'll update the software to save the settings to both locations. Ricky adviced my to do it since the beginning but somehow I completly forgot that during the development. Thanks for the reminder

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you are using a smartphone running on Windows Mobile 6.1, this small utility might be useful for you. It allows you to switch on/off and change the display order of the sliding panels on any CHome homescreens. It could also be used to customize all custom panels based on CWelcomeCenter and Settings plugin.

This is the final version which has all the features that I have planned to do since the beginning. Please try it out and report you find any bugs. Have fun.

PS: Thank rickwyatt for the dialer extracted from his ROM and everyone else who contributed the icons.

Download the ZIP version if you have trouble installing .CAB on your device.
    If you are using Ricky ROM v24 with CHome Configurator preinstalled, unzip CHomeConfig_Ricky_ROM_v24.zip to \Windows folder of your device.

Chome Configurator Panel Icons Tutorial

UPDATED TO 1.1.0.5 (2008/07/11)

BUGS FIXED IN THIS RELEASE:

• Saving panel order to .home.xml sometimes reports Null Reference Error.
    • Error while deleting a panel which has more than one page

Version 1.1.0.2 (2008/06/02)

Few minor changes in this version:

• NEW: First panel is now dockable
    • NEW: The page order will also be saved in the active .home.xml file
    • NEW: Icon pack is avalable from a seperate download
    • FIXED: Bug with Internet Link Template when https:// URL is specified

Version 1.1.0.1 (2008/06/02)

• NEW: Contact Dialer template now offers a choice to enable SMS button if the selected phone number isn't a mobile phone.

Version 1.1.0.0 (2008/06/02)

• NEW: interactive Application Launcher template
    • NEW: interactive Internet Link template
    • FIXED: Page Order window didn't save the settings properly
    • FIXED: location of support files (helpers & pictures) are now based on the executable's folder. This allows the software to be installed to storage card.
    • FIXED: Pictures extracted & used from Outlook Contacts are now saved in My Documents folder.
    • REMOVED: Import & Export to XML because of major problem with the importing feature.

Version 1.0.0.0 (2008/06/01)

• NEW: user can add new and remove existing panels (panels based on CWelcomeCenter)
    • NEW: import from XML, export to XML
    • NEW: ability to copy/paste/paste as new (clone)
    • NEW: page template: Application Launcher, Internet Link and Contact Dialer
    • NEW: ability to change page order
    • NEW: support for CHOME on HTC Vox
    • NEW: Contact Dialer can extract and use contact's picture.
    • FIXED: Page names are now sorted in alphanumeric order
    • FIXED: Plugin icons field is now saved properly

Version 0.9.0.3

• You are now able to add new pages and delete existing pages
    • The settings are now saved to both locations in the registry for maximum compatibility with other softwares & devices
    • Added two new properties in the panel settings: panel icons & disable page counter

Version 0.9.0.2
    • User must now have at least one visible and non disabled panel in order to save the settings.
    • Fixed a bug which prevents user to disable the panels
    • After the changes has been saved, the user must choose to reboot the device or else the changes won't have be effective (in order to accomodate panels based on CTestUIPlugin).
    Version 0.9.0.1
    • Fixed a bug with Softkey 2 URL (it didn't keep its value after saving)
    • Temporarily removed "Visible" check box on Customize window.
    • Saving the new settings will automatically update the homescreen without rebooting the phone.

NOTE: The .CAB is updated. Please redownload and install it if you have
    installed the old one.

chomeconfig_order.png
    chomeconfig_order_2.png

chomeconfig_customize.png
    chomeconfig_page_order.png
    any reason why I'm getting an error when i try to dock first panel:

Permission denied when writing to \Application Data\Home\SlidingPanel.home.xml

upgraded my ricky v24
    Thanks

[edit]
    I restarted my dash, tried it again (menu > 3 > 5 was check marked btw) and enabled the dock first panel and i get registry errors:

SOFTWARE\Microsoft\CHome (click OK) then
    Security\CHome\DefaultSettings