Thanks Meter: 363

By neldar, Retired Recognized Developer on 30th October 2010, 09:13 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd January 2014, 11:52 AM |#1231  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joaor10

What time was it when you tested that? Bln has schedule active by default... Could be that somehow you missed that?

Enviado do meu Nexus S através de Tapatalk

BLN control has a test section to test if it actually works. You tap the "Led notification" and it must work next time the screen is off regardless of any schedules. It doesn't
22nd January 2014, 12:05 PM |#1232  
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by geopapa

BLN control has a test section to test if it actually works. You tap the "Led notification" and it must work next time the screen is off regardless of any schedules. It doesn't

Exactly. But i'm using slimkat and the test section does not work too. However the Bln works really well. Test it. Turn it on, wait for a message or email and it could work.

The Following User Says Thank You to joaor10 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift joaor10 Ad-Free
22nd January 2014, 03:52 PM |#1233  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joaor10

Exactly. But i'm using slimkat and the test section does not work too. However the Bln works really well. Test it. Turn it on, wait for a message or email and it could work.

I tested it with sms and it did't work. Thanks anyway
6th February 2014, 08:43 AM |#1234  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
I'm using a GT-I9195 with cm-11-20140205-NIGHTLY, 0140105 gapps and 1.3.0 f4ktion kernel and experienced problems with BLN during the last time. Now I tried to find out the reason and as it seems it is somehow related to the runtime used. With Dalvik everything is working as usual. After activating ART the functionality is gone. Activating and deactivating BLN or rebooting with different BLN settings doesn't make a difference. The only thing that solves the issue is switching back to Dalvik. On my device this is reproducible. Can anyone confirm this on a different device?
The Following User Says Thank You to iceviper2610 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iceviper2610 Ad-Free
6th February 2014, 11:56 AM |#1235  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Blinking will not cancel after notification cleared
Hi Neldar

I have BLN control - Pro Version 0.19.6, and an issue with Blinking.
Show Notifications Ticked - Enable Privacy Guard Cleared

After receiving a notification and clearing it the blinking continues, if I cover the proximity sensor it turns off and resumes again when uncovered. Pressing power button (short press) to close the phone turns off the lights blinking resumes again after a few minutes without a new notification, however if power button is used to wake the phone ( short press) when lights are out - blinking resumes (no notifications present) - the only way I have found to clear the blinking is to disable and renable BLN within the app.

It seems as if the 'short press' power button cycle is not clearing the notification setting.

Samsung Captivate Glide SGH-i927

cm-11-20140131-UNOFFICIAL-i927
Build Date Fri Jan 31 09:49:64 CET 2014
Bulid Number cm_i927-userdebug 4.4.2 KOT49H fd870bd0a6 test-keys

Android Ver 4.4.2
Baseband I927UCLJ3
Kernel version 3.1.10-g1fddd9f [email protected] # 1 Fri Jan 31 10:08 CET 2014
CPU ARMv7 Processor rev 0 (v71)
Memory 772 MB
SELinux status Permissive

BLN Settings

Schedule Off 12am On 7am
Call notification on
Activate Blinking On
Blinking duration (total) 30 min
On Interval 1 sec
Off Interval 1 sec
LED Status after Blinkiing On
Static LED Timeout after blinking 1 hr
Min Battery Level 30%
The Following User Says Thank You to requiem_mortis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift requiem_mortis Ad-Free
6th February 2014, 07:49 PM |#1236  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceviper2610

I'm using a GT-I9195 with cm-11-20140205-NIGHTLY, 0140105 gapps and 1.3.0 f4ktion kernel and experienced problems with BLN during the last time. Now I tried to find out the reason and as it seems it is somehow related to the runtime used. With Dalvik everything is working as usual. After activating ART the functionality is gone. Activating and deactivating BLN or rebooting with different BLN settings doesn't make a difference. The only thing that solves the issue is switching back to Dalvik. On my device this is reproducible. Can anyone confirm this on a different device?

+1
I'm also using the S4 mini GT-I9195.
At the beginning, when arco68 implemented the BLN possibility in the kernel, everything worked fine. 'til the moment i installed a update to cm-11-20140205-NIGHTLY.
Now nothing is working. Reinstall doesn't help, also cleaning cache.

In advance,
zmeus

EDIT:
Problem solved.. there was a problem with a xposed app in the backround
25th February 2014, 04:39 PM |#1237  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
I have a problem with BLN control pro on Samsung GT-I8190, CM11 by maclaw. When the phone is plugged in, everything is working fine.
But the static light is not working correctly on battery. When the screen turns off, the buttons light up for a few seconds, but then they turn off. It seems like something kills the process.
I have found a workaround by turning on the blinking option. But even in this mode, if i set the ON interval length for longer than ~4 seconds, the light turns off.
I would like to use the static light option, because of longer battery time.

Does anybody have any ideas how to solve this problem?
27th February 2014, 11:43 AM |#1238  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnd123

I have a problem with BLN control pro on Samsung GT-I8190, CM11 by maclaw. When the phone is plugged in, everything is working fine.
But the static light is not working correctly on battery. When the screen turns off, the buttons light up for a few seconds, but then they turn off. It seems like something kills the process.
I have found a workaround by turning on the blinking option. But even in this mode, if i set the ON interval length for longer than ~4 seconds, the light turns off.
I would like to use the static light option, because of longer battery time.

Does anybody have any ideas how to solve this problem?

Hey mnd123,

I have no solution for the problem but I tried it on my GT-I8190 with CM10.2 and on battery the keys turn off after 5 seconds and with power supply they are always on. So I have the same problem!

Why does the blinking need more battery?
3rd March 2014, 04:53 AM |#1239  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
This app won't work with my kernel (CM 10.1.3) is there any way to fix that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk
5th March 2014, 11:28 AM |#1240  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by e05b

Hey mnd123,

I have no solution for the problem but I tried it on my GT-I8190 with CM10.2 and on battery the keys turn off after 5 seconds and with power supply they are always on. So I have the same problem!

Why does the blinking need more battery?

Hey,

this issue may be related to CM settings of keys backlight, which is 5 seconds by default.

I have found that blinking needs more battery in a forum (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1480417), haven't tested it myself.
10th April 2014, 12:05 PM |#1241  
Flag Kraków
Thanks Meter: 136

Donate to Me
More
I noticed that on Samsung TW ROM on Galaxy S4 Mini, BLN gets tripped by audio player that places its status in the tray. For example, if I listen to podcast with BeyondPod, then the LEDs will be on constantly as long as the playback is on.

Perhaps there should be an option to disable notifications for particular apps.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)