[APP] "OpnMarket" Now "Omarket" Freeware Market/ AppStore [Version 1.1 has arrived!]

Search This thread

digitaldon37

Oct 19, 2007
Houston, TX
.....You should also be able to download rar zip and cab files by clicking the "installed" check box instead of the download button.... just a work around for you right now......

Downloaded files are stored in the programs directory in a file called cabs

One of the thoughts that I had was to have the program default to CABS, but allow other types via configuration since not all devices support RAR and ZIP.

The checkbox for Installed - I was thinking of eliminating that and instead change the "download" button to "upgrade" if the program was already installed.

The checkbox for AppToDate - I was thinking of putting an image "AppToDate Supported!"

Thanks to Joel for taking over this project.

joel2009

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 9, 2007
Oklahoma
thats a good idea i may try and do the same with the "update"

Toggle the button being enabled or not and an image with "update available"

Do you know any command based decompressors for pocketpc?

Otherwise i will probably have to read the registry values for zip/rar and suggest a download link if one is not installed.

mystyledx

Jan 17, 2008
Cebu
ScreenShots

Screen shots from my samsung omnia

landscape
landscape.jpg

during loading
loading.jpg

portrait
main.jpg

santod040

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
Not sure if this is what you're after, probably not.

UPX4PPC for Windows Mobile Pocket PC

Software Name: UPX4PPC
Supports: Windows Mobile 2003 and above
Developer: Vicott Wong
Related Software: UPX4PC, UPX4SP
Related Links: UPX | UPX for ARM | GUI4UPX | gsGetFile
Description: UPX4PPC is an application for you to compress & optimize EXE/DLL files. Programs that are compressed using UPX do not need UPX to be present in order to run. The decompressor is placed on the front of the file, so an additional unpacker is not required when running the compressed programs. Got a suggestion, feedback or bug report? You can drop me a message via my contact form.

NEW! Visit the new website here for the latest updates!http://mobile-sg.com/software/?p=UPX4PPC&platform=ppc

Attachments

• upx303wce.zip
    347.1 KB · Views: 36

joel2009

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 9, 2007
Oklahoma
Thanks, but not quite. That compresses and decompresses exe's and dll's. I'll just have to mess with the parameters to winrar i guess :D

Who-m3

Dec 21, 2006
Covington, GA
www.Virt-Host.Com
*cough cough* shameless plug *cough cough* for Virtual Hosting Company *cough cough*

Erm.. I mean.. It's looking good man.. :) Liking some of the features I see, though I haven't placed it on any of my devices yet. Probably will in a few days. *So tiiiired*

Anyway, back to what...wait..what? oh yeah.. sleep.. later...

santod040

Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
*cough cough* shameless plug *cough cough* for Virtual Hosting Company *cough cough*

What?????? The site is all freeware, how is this a shameless plug? Whatever, I think it's a great idea. Yet people are standing in line waiting for Microsofts' Marketplace. To each, his own I guess.

Who-m3

Dec 21, 2006
Covington, GA
www.Virt-Host.Com
santod040, the shameless plug was for WinMoPortals' host site (Virtual Hosting Company, which you also see in my signature). Back when this was known as JAK, I spoke with Joel, Ather90, and Kareem (the three that worked on it) and set them up with hosting through Virtual Hosting Company. As the team still uses that hosting, and the software still uses (or did) the same hosting, Joel has continued to post a thanks to me through the plug on the first post. However, I bumped that with yet another shameless plug, pending the moderator(s) removing it, which I hope they don't. It wasn't meant as a hit on the app itself, as I intend to use it on my Fuze and my Tilt, I'm just too lazy to do it right now.

joel2009

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 9, 2007
Oklahoma

What?????? The site is all freeware, how is this a shameless plug? Whatever, I think it's a great idea. Yet people are standing in line waiting for Microsofts' Marketplace. To each, his own I guess.
shameless plug=blatant advertising

haha shameless plug = blatant advertising... Why such big words John?

That was the guy that owns Virtual Hosting. He provides winmoportal.com for free :D

santod040

Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
Okay, I see now, my bad. I guess I was a little slow on that one. I got it now.:eek:

I just wanted to be sure nobody was trying to discourage the development of this app.:)

santod040

Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
Sorry for the double post!

I love the improvements in .55 version. The search bar does work now and the apps. that can't be downloaded are noted as so. However the search bar is still super squished and the first application in the list is now tucked behind the Windows top bar slightly, instead of the word Application. Maybe the layout just needs a spacer at the top, to keep it down below the top bar. Thanks!

fredcatsmommy

Sep 26, 2007
The download is deleted after it is installed, so you shouldn't need to be able to define that.

I end up flashing new roms a bunch; is it possible to add a function to keep the cab and define where to store it; I have my cab installation pretty much automated, which is easier than having to go back and find what programs I had and reinstall manually. thanks!

joel2009

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 9, 2007
Oklahoma
This program is based off of some of the code of your last link (digital dons) Fragmentation? i don't know what your talking about. Database? its based off of freewarepocketpc.net, one of the largest if not largest neutral ppc program repositories.

joel2009

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 9, 2007
Oklahoma
I end up flashing new roms a bunch; is it possible to add a function to keep the cab and define where to store it; I have my cab installation pretty much automated, which is easier than having to go back and find what programs I had and reinstall manually. thanks!
I can be something i can look into adding later. We might also be able to tie you to your account on freewarepocketpc.net and have kind of a "sdconfig.txt" file stored on the server which will automatically allow you to download and restore all of your programs.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Old Client

point85.png
    ]​

This Program works by stepping through the Freewarepocketpc.net website to bring you access to almost *10,000* free applications for your Pocketpc. This is not yet complete, but will connect and download files. The Program was tested on QVGA, please report your testings on another device if you have another device to test on.​

Requirements:
    .NET Framework
    Internet connection (wifi, gprs, ect)
    -ACTIVESYNC MAY NOT BE AN APPROPRIATE INTERNET CONNECTION-
    You might receive lots of errors if you try and run this program through activesync. The first indicator that it is not, will be a Message which is displayed upon running the App.

ToDo:
    Landscape (Complete)
    Complete Search (Incomplete Basically there, just want to add an automated "advanced search")
    GFX (Complete)
    App2Date (not yet plausible)
    Navigate pages (Complete)
    Download status (Incomplete)
    Read installed programs (Complete)

Thanks to:

Don Graham Who Started writing all the code for this project
    George Dimoff of freewarepocketpc.net
    Virt-host.com for their continued support

Other info:

This is a Winmoportal Project, you are welcome to visit the homepage at Winmoportal.com

Wanna see the screenshots of Windows official APP for yourself? Go Here

Error Messages? To help debug you can install this cab here. This cab will allow you to view the messages.

Version Change Log:

See Post 2

Download:

Version .30 [CAB] Version.37 [CAB] Version .55 [CAB]

Version .63 [CAB] Version .67 [CAB] Version .70 [CAB]

Version .75 [Auto-Update] Version .80 [CAB] Version .82[Auto-Update] Version .85 [CAB]

Version .88 [Auto-update] Version .89 [Auto-Update] Version .90 [auto-update]

► Version .91 ◄ [CAB]​