Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-12-27-11-08-36.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-27-11-08-36.png
    92.3 KB · Views: 1,893

edwardnese

Jan 18, 2014
How come i get updating einvornment fail
im runing galaxy s4 4.3 and rooted
also if i download directly off the website and put it in my sd card which version would i pick armhel or armhef whats the difference?

ihearcolors

Oct 29, 2010
How come i get updating einvornment fail
im runing galaxy s4 4.3 and rooted
also if i download directly off the website and put it in my sd card which version would i pick armhel or armhef whats the difference?

I had this too...i was on 4.3 stock with root...it was the kernel....try flashing another kernel or install omega rom v19 like i did...it works really well.

Reactions: mohammad4581

mohammad4581

Nov 18, 2010
Shiraz
Hi
Please leave the link to the image of Kali ...
Which version should we download site Kali for android phone
Thanks

Last edited:

Tha T

Feb 13, 2014
I've installed kali and ran the "sudo apt-get install kali-linux -yq" but there is still no app on it, and iceweasel crashes when i open it even after "sudo apt-get install iceweasel". What can i do?

Capitol0Zero

Feb 14, 2014
Kali Linux on i545

I know this thread is for i9500 but is there a way that I can get kali linux on my rooted Verizon S4 or does my phone just not have the loopbakc capability. I have tried through linux deploy and I can't seem to deploy the img it just keeps going to Updating .......failed

tabrezak

Mar 1, 2014
kali

Hi. i have completed the installation everything is done and ready to start, but when I click the start button, it show done for the directories and other stuff, but when it comes down to SSH :22 and VNC :5900 it fails. I cannot connect it to the vnc or ssh.

I am also having the same problem, did u get any solution for this?

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

kali-linux.jpg

How to Install:

1. Download Linux Deploy from PlayStore

2. Open it and go to settings

setting1.jpg

3. Selection Distribution: Kali and leave everything else as default, except Disk Image Size, which you should use 7128mb instead of Automatic.

3a. Normally it automatically finds your resolution, but you can change it on this page. (One of the last items.)

4. Then select Install

4a. [IMPORTANT] Be sure to be connected to a Wi-Fi network, otherwise 1.4GB will be downloaded from your Mobile Network.

4b. The downloading time is quite long, and you can't lose connection through that, otherwise the .img will be corrupted.

5. Once you see <<< end: installation on the app, download your favorite VNC client and set-up the following configurations:

6. You will notice that there's no tools avaliable, open LXTerminal (From the dropup icon of Kali) then type:

and
Those are minor commands, to really install the tools see next step

7. Type

And wait for the full installation to complete, after it's sucesfully done it's good to go!

Q&A:

Which VNC Client you recommend?
I personally like Touchpad mouse settings and a full-screen view, the best free app that does the work for me is bVNC Free.

PostgreSQL gave me an error on the end of installation, is that supposed to happen?
YES, to fix PostegreSQL on Kali Linux ARM you have to whitelist on your network. You can do that by simply typing:

IceWeasel (Internet Browser) is not opening! What's wrong?
For some reason when you first install it, the browser is misconfigured. To solve that type:

Happy Hacking!

XAiLEUT.png

Hey bro,
i have completed the installation everything is done and ready to start, but when I click the start button, it show done for the directories and other stuff, but when it comes down to SSH :22 and VNC :5900 it fails. I cannot connect it to the vnc or ssh.
Please reply i need it for my project

rcmrulzz

Apr 29, 2014
My installation fails with 7168 MB

Hi,

Followed the instructions listed here but my installation and everything works like a charm only when the size of image is selected as auto but I guess 4 GB will not be enough for the full kali tool install using apt-get install kali-Linux -yq

Galaxy s2 JB 4.1.2 rooted.

cheers

Last edited:

romeo22

May 18, 2014
Works brilliantly. For people having problems on install. You need the following.

1. A phone not running android 4.3
2. Root
3. Busybox

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app

Does it not work with android 4.3?? It's driving me crazy! I cant make it work. I've downloaded 4 vesions of kali

revan1611

May 25, 2013
might sound stupid, but can I run img from usb otg?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

meyunis_

Apr 18, 2014
Kathmandu
actually, m not able to install or download the image file
everytime i try, it says
"[18:49:29] updating environment... fail "

how to fix this ?
i use : GALAXY S4 i9500 with kitkat 4.4

Kempain

Jun 27, 2014
might sound stupid, but can I run img from usb otg?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

If your phone can do USB OTG then it should work.
This is exactly what I'm thinking about doing since I only have 16GB on-board memory. I've purchased a Meenova Mini MicroSD card reader and am going to try install it on there using MultiMod so I can dual boot and select it only when I have the SD card reader in.

I have Kali installed on my Nexus 5 with a modified ElementalX kernel which is supposed to support the TPLink adapter using OTG.
Going to order the adapter tomorrow and try it out, but it is definitely possible. It just depends on if you can get hold of a kernel that supports it.

I believe even though it's in a Chroot installation, which GruberEXN correctly states can only be used for the internet with 'on-board' data for internet use. It can in fact utilize USB devices.
GruberEXN sounds much more knowledgeable than me in this regard so I'll bow down to his superior knowledge if he says otherwise.

Last edited:
Reactions: revan1611

kuzmanovicb

Oct 5, 2011
how to mount ext partition?

This tutorial would be nice if You would help as format and mount ext partitioned external sd card.
I used Aparted apk to format external sd but I android can't mount it.
I tried like 4 different roms with few popular kernels and still no success.
Any help for this issue?

emiel89

Jul 6, 2014
su: authentication failure

Hi,

I can't seem to login. So i cant use the command terminal with root. I also dont have a login screen at the beginning.

Everything else went without problems or errors.

please help.

Last edited:

johnty.love

Aug 9, 2014
making disk image fails

I am getting error while installation it says "making new disk image fail" I am enough free space like 8Gb but still I am getting thik kind of error...plzz help me..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    kali-linux.jpg

How to Install:

setting1.jpg

3. Selection Distribution: Kali and leave everything else as default, except Disk Image Size, which you should use 7128mb instead of Automatic.

3a. Normally it automatically finds your resolution, but you can change it on this page. (One of the last items.)

4. Then select Install

4a. [IMPORTANT] Be sure to be connected to a Wi-Fi network, otherwise 1.4GB will be downloaded from your Mobile Network.

4b. The downloading time is quite long, and you can't lose connection through that, otherwise the .img will be corrupted.

5. Once you see <<< end: installation on the app, download your favorite VNC client and set-up the following configurations:
    IP/Host: localhost or 127.0.0.1
    Port: 5900
    Password: changeme

6. You will notice that there's no tools avaliable, open LXTerminal (From the dropup icon of Kali) then type:
    and
    sudo apt-get upgrade

7. Type
    sudo apt-get install kali-linux -yq
    And wait for the full installation to complete, after it's sucesfully done it's good to go!

Q&A:

I personally like Touchpad mouse settings and a full-screen view, the best free app that does the work for me is bVNC Free.

PostgreSQL gave me an error on the end of installation, is that supposed to happen?
    YES, to fix PostegreSQL on Kali Linux ARM you have to whitelist on your network. You can do that by simply typing:
    sudo usermod -a -G aid_inet postgres

For some reason when you first install it, the browser is misconfigured. To solve that type:
    sudo apt-get install iceweasel

Happy Hacking!

XAiLEUT.png
    Thanks so much for this!!!
    Kali Linux is one of the best pentesting Linux distro.

But, I've get one error triying to install Kali

When I try to install, in the part that sais "making new disk image" the App fails. I try it changing the directory install... but not working.

Thanks in advance!!!

EDIT:
    I think the errors was produced by:
    First, because I hadn't 7 GB of free space
    Second, the filesystem of my external sdcard (fat32) can't support files bigger tan 4 GB.

Triying again!!!
    whats the use of this ?

It's a pentest distribution, made for security profissionals or hobbyists who wants to have all hackers tools at hand for penetration testing at servers.

so with the s 4 hardware what is possible can it go in to mon mode and does it support packet injection

No, since it's a Chroot installation. It's in a jail, you can't use any connection outside from it apart the internet connection (3g/wifi/2g, etc).

That's all I want to know before I Flash it

Sorry, there's no use then.

Wow so you know it already when you first heard of it?

You came also from that point.

Why not help?

Sent from my GT-I9500

Sorry for the delay.
    i got the same issue on my Galaxy S4 let me know if u ever find a fix
    kali-linux.jpg

How to Install:

setting1.jpg

4. Then select Install

and

7. Type

Q&A:

Happy Hacking!

XAiLEUT.png

I go into settings but I cant find distribution. some help please

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app