www.twitter.com

Oh really, that's great :cowboy:
We all had that cab since long time. ;)

Last edited:

Aries Prine

Oct 18, 2016

augustinionut

Apr 21, 2015
I cant register to that forum. Who can post the microsoft.ms_docking.mainos.cbs_52a3d7175d13787ebcc722099a8b53a216c51804.zip ( 31,51 МБ )

here?

Nevermind, i didit.

Last edited:

karaki93

Aug 29, 2013
Beirut
The process is simple. Put the tool in С:\.
Run as admin. Select one of the cab files-in the folder there should be only one.
Almost the same (http://xdaforums.com/windows-10-mobile/w10m-builds-update-links-collection-cab-t3234805),but do not need to enter commands.
Tool :http://4pda.ru/forum/dl/post/9040582/App.zip
Cab for HTC One M8
http://4pda.ru/forum/dl/post/904001..._52a3d7175d13787ebcc722099a8b53a216c51804.zip
Cabs for others :
http://4pda.ru/forum/dl/post/9050650/CONT.zip
Result : http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=770305&view=findpost&p=54847252

If somebody marry an unsupported phone with the original dock - will let you know !!!

will that make it work on any phone (lumia 920) or it'll just make the continuum app run?

Lanex777

Nov 24, 2012
Couldn't install it on 640XL. Tried all three cabs, result is the same:

ERROR: 0x8024a110

Command failed. (HRESULT = 0x8024a110)

djtonka

Aug 1, 2010
City
Reactions: augustinionut

gus33000

Aug 9, 2016
Bordeaux
Installing the cabs will surely not be enough for it to work, and I have to say lately all those peoples giving me middle fingers doesn't really encourage me into sharing the other missing part, but as I had really *enough* of all those peoples I'm sharing it anyway, this isn't for those peoples, but only to stop all those fools from asking me the same question again and again and then insulting me everyday.

To get Continuum to work properly after installing the packages you need to do the following:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\Docking

create a new dword value called EnabledForTest
set it to 1,
reboot and enjoy it running on unsupported cpu types.

gus33000

Aug 9, 2016
Bordeaux
By the way, to properly install the cabs you need to make sure it matches your current build, if not get back to the correct build or use the correct cab. Otherwise it may not work or break WU with deltas.

Reactions: sensboston

SolariXxX

Aug 6, 2016
Installing the cabs will surely not be enough for it to work, and I have to say lately all those peoples giving me middle fingers doesn't really encourage me into sharing the other missing part, but as I had really *enough* of all those peoples I'm sharing it anyway, this isn't for those peoples, but only to stop all those fools from asking me the same question again and again and then insulting me everyday.

To get Continuum to work properly after installing the packages you need to do the following:

set it to 1,

Gus, I'm not able to add this EnabledForTest value at this key path, it just won't write. I'm using Interpol Tools 1.8 and already restored NDTKSvc. What I am doing wrong?

sensboston

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2009
Boston, MA
By the way, to properly install the cabs you need to make sure it matches your current build, if not get back to the correct build or use the correct cab. Otherwise it may not work or break WU with deltas.

You're absolutely right; this should written on any OP with the tweak that require old .cab deploying.

BTW, as far as I know, MS is not using "binary patching" method; all .cab contains full version of binaries and other files (provisioning etc.). I believe (I don't have enough knowledge) installer API on the phone is checking files(s) checksum.
Do you know the trick (maybe, some registry change) how to bypass that check?

gus33000

Aug 9, 2016
Bordeaux
Gus, I'm not able to add this EnabledForTest value at this key path, it just won't write. I'm using Interpol Tools 1.8 and already restored NDTKSvc. What I am doing wrong?

Add it using the registry editor, not the browser... It fails because the browser isn't allowed to list. So use the editor. Also, try the newest versions, that version you're using is old.

Reactions: Luxon

Riyad_

Jan 23, 2015
Chittagong
try Pendrive straight away too

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

never mind you selfish *****
http://download.windowsupdate.com/c..._00d24dcb2decb8d15ecd6dd61493208136e86586.cab
http://download.windowsupdate.com/d..._debf5ea714636f4d4fb323e0fe30c14592f26589.cab

which one is for lumia??or should i have to install both cabs??pretty confusing because @bikercat only gave*one cab which is almost 35mb

titi66200

Jun 2, 2009
PERPIGNAN
1 - Main cab : microsoft.ms_docking.mainos.cbs_debf5ea714636f4d4fb323e0fe30c14592f26589.cab
2 - Update cab : microsoft.ms_docking.mainos.cbsu_00d24dcb2decb8d15ecd6dd61493208136e86586.cab

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The process is simple. Put the tool in С:\.
    Run as admin. Select one of the cab files-in the folder there should be only one.
    Similarly with (http://xdaforums.com/windows-10-mobile/w10m-builds-update-links-collection-cab-t3234805),but
    Result and cabs here : http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=770305&view=findpost&p=54847252

set it to 1,
    Small tutorial on how to install Continuum properly (this way will prevent you from getting errors with further wu updates and will make everything work nicely without problems)

Note: The cabs you'll get are unique to each device configuration

One time only process:
    Get your phone on the latest 14393 build.
    Run the GetDuLogs utility from the WPAK or the WDK, you should get a cab file in the end.
    In that cab file, grab the installed package csv and take note of all installed packages.
    Go to http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=Windows 10 Mobile 14393 448 find the correct update listing for your phone region and download the cabs that are listed inside the csv you saved earlier + grab the docking cab from the catalog.

Be sure to grab CBS packages and not CBSU packages, this is important

After doing the cab saving process (you can skip the previous steps in the future if you are saving the cabs)
    Flash back your phone to 8.1/10586 and upgrade it to 10586 if it's not running that. Do not further upgrade the phone after 10586.
    Save all those cabs in an empty folder, then run iutool -V -p fullpathtothefolderwiththecabswithoutanyanythingafterthefoldernameone
    Your phone will start getting upgraded to 14393.448 with docking at the same time.
    After completion you should be done, you can upgrade the phone freely without any problem with deltas and etc and apply the EnabledForTest registry entry to use continuum.

Note: Anybody that installed the OP's cabs on anything but 14393.3xx (can't remember the original build) will have problems with UUP/Deltas since MS doesn't check package versions but the overall build number.
    can you also provide cab fr 14977.1000 for my 730DS i wasn't able to find on ms catalog
    I think Microsoft Update Catalog doesn't contain any updates for insider builds. You might need to rollback to production build to install Continuum, and then apply insider update.

Hi!
    The link isn't working anymore. Any chance to get the up-to-date docking component?

Thanks.

Guide To Download Suitable Continuum CAB File for a Specific Windows 10 Build

Make sure your phone is on the latest Windows 10 production build

Steps:
    1. Open Settings > System > About. Click More Info button under Device Information then note your OS build (e.g. 10.0.14393.576)
    2. Open Settings > Extras > Extras & info. Note your Mobile Operator (e.g. 000-ID)
    3. On your PC, go to www.catalog.update.microsoft.com
    4. Enter "<your OS build, replace periods with space> <your mobile operator>" on the search box (e.g. "10 0 14393 576 000-ID")
    5. Click Download button on the matching row.
    6. Ctrl + F and type exactly this keyword: "ms_docking.mainos.cbs_"
    7. You will find ONE result, the CBS file for the Continuum update (don't forget to make sure of it!). Download it and use IUTool to update your phone

By the way, I didn't do the steps provided by Gustave. I did it by just transferring a single cab file corresponding to my build (download steps above) using IUTool and somehow it works

Note: It seems that it needs several tries to do the update. The first time I ran IUTool, nothing happened at all. Then I unplugged the USB and I left for a few minutes, then I plugged it on again and tried to run IUTool again, still nothing, and then I tried to run GetDULogs, after that I unplugged it and plugged it on another USB port, after a few seconds my Lumia 920 rebooted and started updating. Still no idea what happened
    WAS a side efect. And compaq with home edition is not capable.

If you do everything correctly and do not ignore what I'm saying everything would work alright you know.