Flag Hanoi
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Thumbs up Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for sharing this guild :d, i am new member for reccod
17th November 2014, 12:20 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Great job~ Sometimes could be used this.
25th September 2015, 05:43 AM |#15  
Flag Antelope, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,122

Donate to Me
More
I'm using Windows 10 RTM and I've set the path, yet I still get the "unrecognized application" error in the command console. What am I missing?

Nevermind, a restart fixed it. Used to be you didn't have to.... sheesh.
12th January 2016, 12:50 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nir36

Replacing system files using Android Commander:

(This post was formally based in the HD2's RTL support thread and revolved around our need to replace frameworks)

so:

1. Download the android SDK from: http://dl.google.com/android/android...08-windows.zip

2. EXTRACT(!!!) the android-sdk-windows to c:\
(make sure you extract the dir - not run the setup from inside the zip file)

3. install Android Commander from http://androidcommander.com

4. Connect your device and make sure it's set to Debugging mode in /settings/applications/development/

5. You might have to set a dir containing your adb.exe file. set it to c:\android-sdk-windows\tools\

6. You will see a Total Commander-like interface. you can then copy the framework.jar file to the correct directory (there's no difference between SD android builds and androids in ROM - the system dir will be shown the same way)

a. Yes, you can replace/delete system files while android is running.
b. (for androids running from SD) Any file copied to /sdcard/android/root/system/X will be copied to /system/X in the system file. The sdcard/android root dir is JUST LIKE your root in ROM androids.
c. Make sure you either created a backup or verified a match in any other way before replacing files like frameworks, zimage, modules, etc.. your android might not boot afterwards (I keep all system.ext2 files backed up so that i can restore them incase i screw something up.)

enjoy

Thanks, this Guide is very informative
17th March 2016, 09:01 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Help with LG D722
I'm using LG D722 phone and I somehow unlocked bootloader and installed twrp recovery. I backed up Lollipop that's what I'm using and i want to restore custom ROM
I know I need to install Google Apps after installing Custom ROM. But Do I also need to install Modem files on my device ? Because I can't find them on XDA Forums. Please give me a link or something. The help is not just appreciated but seriously needed.
13th May 2016, 01:35 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Success. Thanks
27th May 2016, 01:05 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Hello, I walk testing one recovery but I'm booting before flashing, the question is, will the recovery feel same when booted vs flashed? I've booted and used to flash a pair of zips but felt very laggy and bugged although did the work right. Thanks

Edit: solved, tried myself

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using XDA-Developers mobile app
19th July 2016, 01:27 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=872128&page=2
22nd August 2016, 11:53 PM |#21  
Flag Soperton
Thanks Meter: 1

Donate to Me
More
I'm sure I'm doing this wrong. Hopefully someone can help this noob.
Today I bought the ad-free version of this site. I have some questions. Before I get into those, I would like to preface them with a short statement. Its not nice to be the last at the party and the 1st to complain. So, if no one responds, I wont feel slighted in anyway. I suppose I'm an old man to be posting and asking questions in this arena. I have spent around a year reading the post and questions on here and politely lurking in the background and not buzzed everybody wanting something done that I could do myself. A looooooooooong time ago, DOS,Win98,XP, Nokia phns, and Motorola Rzr, I used and advised ppl in forums like this. I say that to say that I do understand the culture in the groups and how ppl think and value of time.
Now, This is what I can do.
I can operate ODIN
I can operate KDZ flash tool.
can operate CDMA workshop.
I can build and refurbish screens with proper equip. (7000.00) in my shop.
I can even micro solder on boards.. Not quite as proficient as I would like as reballing chips but I can hold my own.
I can effectively operate scripts and use the basic rooting tools.
I don't have a lot of time to leisurely read and study all the guides for hours to find the one unique post to solve a problem. THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ME some kid crying because broke his toy before his mom finds out, I DO NOT MIND PAYING ANYONE FOR THEIR ASSISTANCE.
Now, with that being said. I don't expect anything for free. I did my "homework". I learned to reasonably operate the software. I know the difference between a img and a zip. Now, I have some advanced and some complicated questions.....
I often get a number of devices traded in or brought for repair that have been soft bricked and since its not practical to spend 6hr @50.00/hr to locate some obscure SW. and attempt to run a business, I come here.
1st a simple question. all this talk of 'locked bootloaders' and exploits, I don't understand why a phone like for example my s6 edge g925v running os 6.0.2 could not be completely wiped and the original firmware (ex 5.0.1), kernel, radio mdm, and pit be rewritten to the device?
2nd simple question, tracfone variants of vzw equip are purported to have open bootloaders. yet even if one has the firmware for the matching vzw model and in some cases the tfn firmware and having never been updated fail on every attempt to write the correct firmware. I have attempted every effort using dealer software, qcmm sw, cdma evolution level software cannot read the correct raw memory locations of firmware of the particular device.
Can someone explain the whole theory and the correct method to do this?

1 tfn sm-s902l SV variant running 4.4.2 brought to me with knox tripped. due to failed rooting attempt via 1-click/kingo root. boot loop. best I could do was to use the nk2 kernel to get the device to on every reboot device attempts to update 2 apps and content service stops and S-health stops.
customer just wants the os to be stable with out errors. could care less about knox.
at this point rooting is a bonus. restoration of stock function is all she is requesting and as such I am asking. Donations are not a problem.
2.tfn Galaxy grand prime sm-s920l bootloop. failed rooting attempt by local kid. I repaired phn by replacing board out of broken screen one I had in junk pile. would like to restore os to resale as used phn or loaner.
3. lg g3 d850 att. mcafee lock. customer brought for broken screen. repaired. Customer original owner provided pin and device refuses to accept pin after daughters attempted factory reset. any suggestions. (already googled and contact both lg and att.
4.lg cricket variant stylo. customer attempted root. failed and now bootloop. I saw a thread about this but cant locate a kdz file online I have another exact same device on used shelf. Can someone suggest the proper sw to use to extract the firmware and create the proper file from img to kdz to load back to phn?
Ok. Those are my questions. I have team viewer and a stable 8mbs connection if anyone wants to do. donations are cool with me if someone can help point me in right direction.
I can provide addition info in pm or here as necessary.
If there is anyone still reading this, thank you for your time and I would appreciate any help.
Again, its not that I don't want to learn but I have a business to run. I want to learn but I cant spend forever on these things. If you can help me, efficiently solve this problems and show me where I am stuck I will be sincerely greatful and will compensate you as necessary.
If you want to lord you knowledge over me in some ego way just save it. I don't have time for ego games.
Thanks for you time,
Francis

ps. if I seem to have an attitude, its because I don't find arrogance a positive quality. Its a sorry person that wont help themselves and a worse person that can help and doesn't out of sheer petulance.
The Following User Says Thank You to facorbin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift facorbin Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)