[Solved] CM11 Beta 4 Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped

Search This thread

daser4ever96

Apr 9, 2013
Alexandria
Hey guys, I flashed CM11-beta4 ROM with OC (system:500MG, Cache:199MG, ext:3GB) and I install my apps and i applied a CM11 theme and made the notification bar transparent (with editing build.prop), without using ART and everything was working perfectly before rebooting the mobile and : ~"Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped" started to appear
~when I try to open Downloads the same error appear and the app doesn't open
~when I try to take a screen-shot it just say saving and never save it
what I tried: I tried wipe cache, dalvik cache, app data, even wiping my SD-Card and reinstalling the same rom again
*after installing the ROM with OC I didn't installed gapps core because Google apps was already installed
if any one faced this problem please reply to me :)
sorry for not posting it in the ROM thread, I can't post it their as my total posts less that 10 (XDA rules)

Last edited:

shubhojit89

Sep 20, 2013
Hey guys, I flashed CM11-beta4 ROM with OC (system:500MG, Cache:199MG, ext:3GB) and I install my apps and i applied a CM11 theme and made the notification bar transparent (with editing build.prop), without using ART and everything was working perfectly before rebooting the mobile and : ~"Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped" started to appear
~when I try to open Downloads the same error appear and the app doesn't open
~when I try to take a screen-shot it just say saving and never save it
what I tried: I tried wipe cache, dalvik cache, app data, even wiping my SD-Card and reinstalling the same rom again
*after installing the ROM with OC I didn't installed gapps core because Google apps was already installed
if any one faced this problem please reply to me :)
sorry for not posting it in the ROM thread, I can't post it their as my total posts less that 10 (XDA rules)

Simple solution buddy switch to dalvich ART is still under test.. Even google is testing it..

I tried switching to ART in my case 2-3 apps were crashing and even the lock screen wasnt responding.. :p

daser4ever96

Apr 9, 2013
Alexandria
Simple solution buddy switch to dalvich ART is still under test.. Even google is testing it..

I tried switching to ART in my case 2-3 apps were crashing and even the lock screen wasnt responding.. :p

I tried ART before it was so lagy and it took too much time to switch 150+ app :D
everything was working perfectly until the reboot, I just want to know what happed to the download manger to stop working

daser4ever96

Apr 9, 2013
Alexandria
Tell me the things which you did before rebooting..

I flashed CM11-beta4 ROM with OC (system:500MG, Cache:199MG, ext:3GB) and I install my apps and i applied a CM11 theme and made the notification bar transparent (with editing build.prop), without using ART and everything was working perfectly before rebooting the mobile and "Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped" started to appear
I tried to unmounting SD-Card from setting>storage and mounting it again it works but once I reboot it appear again
is their is any app/solution to make it stop appearing or even unmounting SD-Card and mounting it again at the start of the device ?
thank you for you help :)

shubhojit89

Sep 20, 2013
I flashed CM11-beta4 ROM with OC (system:500MG, Cache:199MG, ext:3GB) and I install my apps and i applied a CM11 theme and made the notification bar transparent (with editing build.prop), without using ART and everything was working perfectly before rebooting the mobile and "Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped" started to appear
I tried to unmounting SD-Card from setting>storage and mounting it again it works but once I reboot it appear again
is their is any app/solution to make it stop appearing or even unmounting SD-Card and mounting it again at the start of the device ?
thank you for you help :)

Change your recovery..

Your recovery is not mounting the partition..

shubhojit89

Sep 20, 2013
I'm sorry i know a little about mounting in recovery, how can i know ?, and how to deal with it ?
But i think it is not for the recovery cuz i did not open it after flashing the rom.

Make your partition again and a new kernel is available with two partitions..

And flash the oc kernel after setting up..

Change to TWRP recovery..

Just change and tell me..

Reactions: daser4ever96

shubhojit89

Sep 20, 2013
Am i have to wipe the 3-ext ?
Am i have to use TWRP ?

Create 3 partitions sd main your card for storage.. sd data ( 1gb ) sd cache 100 mb..

You can't create 3 partition through recovery specially cache..

So use mini tool..
Sd main fat32
Sd data ext4/3 1gb or more ..
Sd cache ext4/3 100 mb

Sd data and cache should be same like ext 4 both should be ext 4..

All should be primary partition..

via xda premium app

daser4ever96

Apr 9, 2013
Alexandria
Create 3 partitions sd main your card for storage.. sd data ( 1gb ) sd cache 100 mb..

You can't create 3 partition through recovery specially cache..

So use mini tool..
Sd main fat32
Sd data ext4/3 1gb or more ..
Sd cache ext4/3 100 mb

Sd data and cache should be same like ext 4 both should be ext 4..

All should be primary partition..

via xda premium app

I mad 3.5GB SD-Ext and 100MB SD-Cashe with ADB and now the ROM is working perfectly, But when I used the max. performance (878MHz) it rebooted when I was using torrent, xda app, play store together

Sent from my Explorer A310e using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

shubhojit89

Sep 20, 2013
I mad 3.5GB SD-Ext and 100MB SD-Cashe with ADB and now the ROM is working perfectly, But when I used the max. performance (878MHz) it rebooted when I was using torrent, xda app, play store together

Your phone doesn't support 878 so it went to bootloop make it to 722 use no frills CPU to set it.. :p

Hit thanks if I really helped you..

via xda premium app

Last edited:
Reactions: daser4ever96

krushnach80

Feb 10, 2014
ART problem

I too used art instead of dalvik after flashing with CM11 my phone rebooted and it stuck in a boot loop what shall I do?

YedaAnna

Jun 16, 2013
Pune
I was happily using the rom for couple a weeks now without any problem when suddenly while updating whatsapp my phone restarted and i started getting the android.process.media has stopped working errors. they started appearing upon opening any app. i finally got rid of it by rebooting after removing my battery [seems to work dont know why] but now i cannot install any new apps as the rom again reboots mid install. :(
what shud i do?

shubhojit89

Sep 20, 2013
I was happily using the rom for couple a weeks now without any problem when suddenly while updating whatsapp my phone restarted and i started getting the android.process.media has stopped working errors. they started appearing upon opening any app. i finally got rid of it by rebooting after removing my battery [seems to work dont know why] but now i cannot install any new apps as the rom again reboots mid install. :(
what shud i do?

Create partition through recovery and install.. then flash the Rom or restore the apps..

via Apache Helicopter

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Solved ^_^
    by unmounting SD-Card from setting>storage and mounting it again ^_^
    I'm sorry i know a little about mounting in recovery, how can i know ?, and how to deal with it ?
    But i think it is not for the recovery cuz i did not open it after flashing the rom.

Make your partition again and a new kernel is available with two partitions..

And flash the oc kernel after setting up..

Change to TWRP recovery..

Just change and tell me..

Your phone doesn't support 878 so it went to bootloop make it to 722 use no frills CPU to set it.. :p

Hit thanks if I really helped you..

via xda premium app