[ROM][OFFICIAL][natrium][7.1] LineageOS 14.1

Search This thread

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working :
  • Boots
  • Wifi
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera ( Videos And Photos )
  • Video Playback
  • Audio ( Record and Playback )
  • Sensors
  • GPS

Instructions :
  • Download the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot
Downloads :
Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
 restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][OFFICIAL][natrium][7.1] LineageOS 14.1, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus

Contributors
LuK1337, luca020400, bgcngm, h2o64
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-03-20
Last Updated 2018-01-20

Last edited:

lima002

Jan 5, 2017
Fingerprint does work but you have to flash global developer firmware for it.

I have this one right now, it's the beta version. So I must flash the developer and then flash lineageos? Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-03-17-23-25-16-642_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2017-03-17-23-25-16-642_com.android.settings.png
    129.1 KB · Views: 4,087

lima002

Jan 5, 2017
I have no clue if it'd work with beta one so just flash global dev and then lineageos.

Ok I'll try it. Thanks

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

I can't get the access to the download page of The ROM, that ask me the user and password

lima002

Jan 5, 2017
It works ;) now I just need some port of camera app from MIUI because it has the dual camera option . Can you do it ?

fiskersc

Feb 4, 2011
Celaya
Amazing @LuK1337, thanks man im waiting a long time for this rom.

Smooth, Fast and stable. Finger print scanner works well, the 3 menu buttons work led light. Audio camera and 3G. Amazing bye bye miui.

Last edited:
Reactions: fivex

v0yAgEr

Nov 22, 2013
This is incredible! Thank you very much! Will try it later and report back.

Sent from my MI 5s Plus using Tapatalk

BlackJetCat

Mar 7, 2017
OnePlus 7 Pro
We already have one ROM on capricorn ( Mi 5S) by @xiaobai112220 - MoKee. And, as was said by @pocaropa, we can push forward development for capricorn, this device is easier in development, but we don't have normal amount of developers, we need someone who can at least merge source and change it for other ROM ( for example, merge source from MoKee to Lineage or AICP or any other ROM ) and prepare to make it official. Together we can make capricorn great again :)

Reactions: exionen

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Moto G 2014
What can I expect from this version that I wont get from previous lineage release? Will this get updates?
Uh, working NFC, button backlight, nofication led and fingerprint sensor? I don't think that was working in random builds I was able to find online.

We already have one ROM on capricorn ( Mi 5S) by @xiaobai112220 - MoKee. And, as was said by @pocaropa, we can push forward development for capricorn, this device is easier in development, but we don't have normal amount of developers, we need someone who can at least merge source and change it for other ROM ( for example, merge source from MoKee to Lineage or AICP or any other ROM ) and prepare to make it official. Together we can make capricorn great again :)
Making it official would be silly and partially break Gemini, we need the kernel source to make it great...

Last edited:
Reactions: masterismos

exionen

May 6, 2011
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Xiaomi Mi 9
Uh, working NFC, button backlight, nofication led and fingerprint sensor? I don't think that was working in random builds I was able to find online.

Xiobai or whatever his name is, his lineage version, the one I have now has notification light, working fingerprint, working backlight on buttons, working dualsim. But hasn't been updated since february :)

But I appreciate someone willing to move forward the development for capricorn. And it would not hurt if xiaomi released the kernel xD

I agree, capricorn is a really nice phone, that need the appriciation it deserves.

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Moto G 2014
Xiobai or whatever his name is, his lineage version, the one I have now has notification light, working fingerprint, working backlight on buttons, working dualsim. But hasn't been updated since february :)

But I appreciate someone willing to move forward the development for capricorn. And it would not hurt if xiaomi released the kernel xD

I agree, capricorn is a really nice phone, that need the appriciation it deserves.
I was talking about natrium fyi.

Reactions: masterismos

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working :
    • Boots
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera ( Videos And Photos )
    • Video Playback
    • Audio ( Record and Playback )
    • Sensors
    • GPS

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][natrium][7.1] LineageOS 14.1, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus

Contributors
    LuK1337, luca020400, bgcngm, h2o64
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-03-20
    Last Updated 2018-01-20
    Oh BTW I don't plan to support capricorn unless someone buys me a device ( very unlikely ) and fingerprint sensor won't work unless you flash global developer firmware.
    how does it work the miui camera in lineage rom? did anybody try?

Inviato dal mio MI 5s Plus utilizzando Tapatalk

Good question, also interested in this

Is it possible to port the camera of mi a1 to our device?

Yeah, that's easy. I will get it released soon (TM).

EDIT: Here's initial MiuiCamera port ~ https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=215517
    tl;dr no stereo mode, I tried patching isSupportedStereo method and it actually shown the stereo mode toggle but it would simply crash the app. Also you'll have to manually grant permissions to the application otherwise it won't be able to use the camera.
    Here you can find all my changes to the original app, https://github.com/luk1337/MiuiCamera.
    You want a cheap chinaphone with lineage right?
    Why would you want an (ex-) flagship model.
    It's much more expensive and support is much worse.
    Why? Because the phone is so expensive = much fewer people using it = way less development.
    If you want a chinaphone with good support in this price range you should probably buy a one+.
    One of the three mentioned above, it's simple. Much cheaper = many using it = very active development.

Luk is doing a very good job, cheers lad, but he is just one dev.

Well that isn't exactly true. There's like 3~5 guys working on msm8996-common.
    Also even if your community is really big it doesn't mean anything. During my work on Moto G there was only 4 guys working on it despite XDA having 300000000 "developers" that would release their trash for this device.