PLAzmA's Sliding Sound Pack for HTC Wizard

Search This thread

plazma247

Jun 17, 2007
Fastest Rom

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=395173&highlight=Wizard+DIAMOND

The fastest ROM i ever used on my Wizard was this bare diamond rom, the wizard with it was as quick as my tytn II factory rom.

Manilla is going to kill the phone but if you like it :) what can i say, part of your slow down maybe something to do with your rom, i used to run the NBD roms on the wizard, switched to the one above and the phone went light it was on amphetamines.

plazma247

Jun 17, 2007
Possibly

Will the slider sounds work on the X1? Which cab file do I need to install?

Regards,

Alan

If you dont have a slide sounds option under settings personal install the version for older phones :) should work ok assuming your running wm 6.1 some people have reported it works on 6 but ive not seen it myself.

astral1

May 24, 2008
Hmmm. just had a go with my X1. It plays the open sound, then crashes.
I have tried different sounds, and combinations, but same every time.

Perhaps its something else i have installed not getting on with it.

Never mind.

Thanks to Plazma for the proggy, though. Maybe it'll work after my next hard reset. :D

plazma247

Jun 17, 2007
Thanks guys

the feedback is greatly appreciated :) never tested it on an X1 but according to the post above you it does work.

Thanks again ;)

dhawal4u

May 25, 2007
www.dhawal4u.cjb.net
Hmmm. just had a go with my X1. It plays the open sound, then crashes.
I have tried different sounds, and combinations, but same every time.

Perhaps its something else i have installed not getting on with it.

Never mind.

Thanks to Plazma for the proggy, though. Maybe it'll work after my next hard reset. :D

yep same here but when i disable manilla 2d then problem was not there:p

VOODOOS!L

Nov 22, 2005
I appreciate your work to get the sliding sound working, but just like ndn715 I don't really see the real benefit of it. But, on the other side, do you think it would be possible to perform some other actions when the keyboard is opened / closed? Like exectuing some (mort)script, running some programme....I think this could be more usefull for more people.
Maybe like activating wifi when opening keyboard, but I'm sure some other people can come up with some other nice actions to link to it...

kratumay

Sep 14, 2009
I think it would b really great to have glowing LED'S along with dunky slider sounds for the xperia. i loved the slider sounds of my samsung D500 phone. something that could add to the charm of this sexy phone. comeone guys, it could be well worth getting this to work.. if it doest exist, i'm sure someone might have done or thought of this already..

plazma247

Jun 17, 2007
I think it would b really great to have glowing LED'S along with dunky slider sounds for the xperia. i loved the slider sounds of my samsung D500 phone. something that could add to the charm of this sexy phone. comeone guys, it could be well worth getting this to work.. if it doest exist, i'm sure someone might have done or thought of this already..

Cant see why the slide sound system wouldnt work on the xperia (one for latest phones should work), however so far ive not been able to find any LED flashing software... if you can find some that can either be triggered by running a program or by monitoring the screen rotation i will be happy to bolt it together with the slide sound cab for you :)

PLAzmA

kratumay

Sep 14, 2009
thanks plazma.. i'll keep an eye out for it.. i'm sure i couldnt find it the last time i looked for it but hopefully it might b out now.. or if not soon :) thanx anyway.. and i'll keep u posted

Im Packing

Sep 20, 2009

DorkyDev

Aug 22, 2008
Atlanta
Google Pixel 6a
** UPDATED **

PLAzmA's Sliding Sound Pack for Wizard and windows mobile phones with slide out keyboards

*Note: only use the NUMBERED CAB files to install if you are using a TYTN II Phone or if you have the standard HTC Sliding sound system built into your rom. If however on phones like the HTC Wizard where no sliding sound is currently present, install the SlidingSound.cab file, and then launch the program and assign the files manually. The Numbered CAB files will not work for the older phone method.

List Of WAV FILES USED:

0 : Wind Chimes
1 : Piano
2 : Xylophone
3 : Futurama Bender
4 : Might Boosh
5 : Startrek TOS
6 : Dalek
7 : Cash Register
8 : Electricity
9 : Electric Motor
10: Hal 2001
11: POP

METHOD 1: TO INSTALL NEW HTC PHONES LIKE KAISER BY CAB FILES:

This is really easy pick one of the numbered install files from "Kaiser - Modern Phones CAB Install Files.rar", you can either install the complete pack or just one of the sounds, however as it must have a constant number sequence in the registry, its programmed to replace the 3 base sounds in every pack. This is to ensure that the pack works correctly despite possible older mods. This means if you remove a pack it will also take the 3 base sounds with it, however at any time you want to go back run the htc base sounds pack, make sure you first uninstall the previous pack completely and the run the base pack install cab.

*Note: above numbered cab method only for newer phones with htc slide service like the kaiser, DONOT install onto older phones like wizard as this will not work see the next method.

METHOD 2: TO INSTALL BY ADD ON SLIDINGSOUND.CAB METHOD TO OLDER PHONES:

Install cab file and run sliding sound program, turn on slide detect service and assign wav files manually, refer to the list above for the appropriate numbers, there are two files to select from a simple "SlideSound.cab" file which just has a basic pop noise, additional sounds will need to be install manually, or to install the program and sounds all in one go, install the "SlideSound - All Sounds.cab"

*Note: above cab method is only for phones without the htc sliding sounds program built into your rom and only required on older phones like the herms, wizard etc..

R°CK ON ;) PLAzmA 2009

Download is at :
http://rapidshare.com/files/93019505/PLAzmAs_Sliding_Sound_pack_for_Windows_Mobile_V2.rar.html

Mirror at :

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HMWH2FKW
Hey man do ya think "SLIDESOUND.CAB - for older phones.rar" would work on my Samsung i760 WinMo 6.1, I miss the annoying keyboard slide sound from My HTC Mogul and want it back, but Samsung doesn't have one.. I don't think, until now.. If you're not sure I'll gladly be a tester and see what happens, the question though then would be where do I go in my Samsung to edit it..