[Q] Nook Color Root?

Search This thread

Red Hood

Jun 6, 2011
problem with win32diskimager - rooting Nook Color

New here so my posting is limited.
I have tried via this web site to root my color nook. All attempts using different .img releases and using wind32diskimager have resulted in format size of Sandisk Transflash (2 gb & 8 gb) to be 115mb or smaller. This is not allowing me to complete the second step of rooting SD disk.
What am I doing wrong? Is there a file that corrects this? Would Like to do the SD version of rooting before moving into the other options.
I have seen others with this problem.
I have the HP tool to reformat back to correct size, so that is not a issue.
PLEASE HELP

babyfine24

Jul 26, 2011
Root problems with image size on sd card!

I have tried via this web site to root my color nook. All attempts using different .img releases and using wind32diskimager have resulted in format size of Sandisk Transflash (2 gb & 8 gb) to be 115mb or smaller. This is not allowing me to complete the second step of rooting SD disk.
What am I doing wrong? Is there a file that corrects this? Would Like to do the SD version of rooting before moving into the other options.
PLEASE HELP

I'm having the same issue!!! Also a noob here! can anyone help?

omnibyte

Jul 12, 2011
PLEASE HELP

Can you give a link to the directions you are trying to follow?

lemonhead101

Aug 18, 2011
Ive flashed my Nook Color with Honeycomb. But I cant use Rom Manager to boot into cwm. I want to try to install a new ROM.

carbfrze

Oct 4, 2011
Nook Color crossword?

Hello all,
I just purchased a new nook color. I have it rooted and I am running the latest version of CM7. The major thing I am missing from the stock ROM is the crossword app that is pre-installed. I've looked around and the only app I can find keeps giving me force close errors.
I've rooted and unrooted a few times so I'm familiar with that and don't really want to lose the overclocking ability by going back to the STOCK ROM again..

Anyone know where I can get a working apk of this app or should I try a different ROM?

Thx in advance!

raystang35

Dec 13, 2011
question about nook color 1.4.0 not being able to read sd card

i have all the latest clock work and cm7 and gapps i have tried three different sd cards first one was a 16gb class 2 and then a 4 gb class 4 and a 8 gb class 6 but i just bought nook color and all the forums i have read talk about upgrading to 1.4.1 but none of them say anything about it not being able to read the boot disk, i have tried both winimage and win32 have been reading between a few forums phandroid etc and that is where i got the programs, i am pulling my little bit hair out, i tried to update the nook from b&ns web site it said to drop the files into the nook and then when it sleeps it will install but it never did, thanks in advance to anyone who can shine some light,

edwardarroyo

Dec 30, 2010
I updated to 1.4.1 and it still reads the boot sd cards well. However, I have this problem: When I try to install the Kindle Reading App on my Nook Color ("Blue Dot" & software version 1.4.1) running Cyanogenmod 7.0.3-encore Android 2.3.3 Build GR140 from a microSD card, or on my Nook Color running Honeycomb3.0 from microSD card, I get the message "Your device is not compatible with this item." (i.e., the Kindle app). Searching around the internet, I found one suggestion that if I changed the screen resolution the app would be compatible, but I haven't been able to get this to work. Any advice?”

superbeak

Mar 1, 2012
Ghent
thoughts from the future

In the end we find that the nook is a nice device with CM7. Maybe Barnes&Noble left the nook bootloader unlocked for a reason? This tablet vs the kindle fire. Nook wins!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IMG_8539.JPG

<br>
    IMG_8540.JPG

<br>
    IMG_8541.JPG

<br>
    IMG_8542.JPG

<br>
    IMG_8543.JPG

<br>
    IMG_8544.JPG

<br>
    IMG_8545.JPG

<br>
    IMG_8546.JPG

<br>
    IMG_8547.JPG

<br>
    IMG_8548.JPG

<br>
    IMG_8548.JPG

<br>
    IMG_8550.JPG

<br>
    IMG_8551.JPG

<br>

ok guys. this is the underside of the board. i took a ton of pictures. i put my NC bac together. still working as it should :)

hope this little contribution helps. im quite excited for android 2.2 on my nook. this device "feels" very well built, and its really the size i want. now we just need a real andoid experience and ill be one happy nook color owner.

let me know if we need any more photos or close ups, i can borrow a macro lens if wee need photos of something really close up
    Nova: Google nookdevs they have a website that has a step by step guide for windows linux and mac that is a product of this monstrous thread and work done apart from xda. I know this thread is a beast.
    [15:47] <[mbm]> ooh .. a reboot later and I have angry birds
    [15:48] <[mbm]> no xml edit needed
    [15:48] <tenequalstwo> I'm jealous....
    [15:48] <[mbm]> and it runs
    oooooooooooooooooooh!
    IMG_8528.JPG

<br>
    IMG_8529.JPG

<br>
    IMG_8530.JPG

<br>
    IMG_8531.JPG

<br>
    IMG_8532.JPG

<br>
    IMG_8533.JPG

<br>
    IMG_8534.JPG

<br>
    IMG_8535.JPG

<br>
    IMG_8536.JPG

<br>
    IMG_8537.JPG

<br>
    IMG_8538.JPG

<br>
    builing an MLO file ?

pokey and i have reached a consensus and im sure occip agrees although i havent spoken with him about it yet. that weve reached an impass at the moment and will have to wait on b&n to release their source code. from what weve found at the moment to do what we plan without source would require us to stumble down a blind maze and hope to find our way through. hopefully with a little patience b&n will release for the nc the way they did for the original nooks where they give full source including bootloaders, and then itll be easy street for us to either create our own roms or port an existing rom i.e. cyanogenmod.

in the meantime, if everybody could continue just testing whatever they can think of, and continue posting any ideas or what you find here or on #nookdevs we can keep this going as quickly and smoothly as it has went so far!

remember every little bit helps even if you think it may be useless we can still try to use it!!

I don't agree completly with you. We can experiment few things and develop some POCs like ... The MLO must fit in the 64k sram of the omap3621. We can do a lot a things within 64k like initialise the musb and send the emmc content through it. I'm working to customize my MLO file (from igep 020 card which is a very good one !) after success I will able to compile the same file for NC. Now my NC is somewhere between Los Angeles and Europe :) I hope to receive it soon ...

Cheers

Occip