[ROM] iMagic iPhone ROM (Looks Like iPhone/MIUI) [PORT TO G1]

Search This thread

deuse

Apr 5, 2009
Birmingham
I don't have clockwork so I sign the rom(maybe this is my problem)
ThauExodus version does flash ok but I get a google.com error! the wireless turns on but won't obtain a ip addy

jcarrz1 way of flashing goes ok but when I turn on the wireless I get error(it can't turn it on)

I have tried ezterry ezGb kernels with no joy..will wait till someone does a flashable version with RA 1.7.0

But thanks for your work guys :)

The speed of this rom is nor really good.. I think this must be optimized my using the cache or something else...
The response of the touch screen is not so good on the launcher, don't why.. *_*

The rom itself is english, but the most "iPhone" styled apps are chinese.
I will try to translate them later.

The screens are attached ;-)

EDIT: Use clockworkmod recovery to flash it. I will sign it next time.

Attachments

• 001.png
    001.png
    14.6 KB · Views: 248
  • 002.png
    002.png
    39.3 KB · Views: 229
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 268
  • 004.png
    004.png
    37.3 KB · Views: 255
  • 005.png
    005.png
    44.9 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
Reactions: dilwaladoctor

jcarrz1

Retired Recognized Developer
May 26, 2009
scienceprousa.com
Thanks, updating OP. I looked at the changelog from Hintay and he said that he fixed it like this:
DHCP Config in init.device.rc(like init.hero.rc) from ramdisk have a.change, you can see my boot.img.

i haven't extracted the boot.img yet to fix, but i can (and will do it) if enough people ask.

Thanks.

Thanks, updating OP. I looked at the changelog from Hintay and he said that he fixed it like this:

i haven't extracted the boot.img yet to fix, but i can (and will do it) if enough people ask.

Thanks.

Can you try to fix that?

Wouldn't it be better when using this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1220695 or this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1209821 launcher? With the right theme they could like like the Iphone launcher and these launcher are better than the stock launcher of this rom.

jcarrz1

May 26, 2009
scienceprousa.com
yes, those two are the golden launchers of XDA. there aren't any other really well-themed launchers out there, so I'll try them both and possibly release a rom with one or both of these (as an option).

Thanks for the idea, and I'm fixing the wifi today (maybe tomorrow).

jcarrz1

May 26, 2009
scienceprousa.com
Ok, sounds good. I like the en-pl one better , dev is more responsive, apk is more popular. We'll build on that. Any ideas how to default-apply the theme on first boot?

flyers00

Jul 28, 2009
Marlton
Google Pixel 4
You guys are doing great with the rom. Only issue I have is the keyboard on my G1. Seems when sending text msg,everything is in chinese. I checked my settings and they are english and so is locale. Open for suggestions. Look forward to the progress

Sent from my Dream/Sapphire using XDA App

We must edit the apk. I already created one with the en-pl one as base and the other used for translation. I can upload it later.

I will have a look on the keyboard bug.

EDIT: I attached the launcher. Just install it or push it to /system/app. It has now a few more iphone icons and is more flexible than the stock launcher of this rom.

Attachments

• Launcher.apk
    2.7 MB · Views: 54
Last edited:

askrulous

Mar 29, 2008
London
Downloaded via clockwork recovery, after doing the recovery fix and its pretty good so far.

Back to my old rom for now but I'll be watching out for further developments of this. Never fallen for the apple marketing machine (or any other for that matter) but this makes an interesting alternative once its more useable.

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yCPLF.png

http://www.4shared.com/file/uiVrf0c3/1_LX-Recovery_26.html- you need this with thauexodus v2 (if you haven't flashed already) thanks ldrifta
    UPDATE, ALTERNATIVE PACKAGE BY ThauExodus: http://www.multiupload.com/BTNHFNGQP8 v2, newest: http://www.multiupload.com/S3DSNRF9YR
    wifi and bluetooth work (wifi only with a static IP), working on fixing

While it's downloading, read this:

YOU MUST EXTRACT THE PACKAGE YOU DOWNLOAD TO YOUR SDCARD
    THANKS TO HINTAY AT HIAPK.COM and ldrifta for the #1 zip, as well as ThauExodus, click "thanks"!!

Working: A lot. You tell me
    Broken: Wifi(fixed in alternative version for static IP). Not all english. What else? you tell me.

1. backup your current rom
    2. flash LX -RECOVERY zip. if you've already flashed, you don't need to do so again. just make sure you wipe.
    3. Flash rom, reboot
    4. HAVE FUN!

PLEASE CLICK "THANKS" FOR MY WORK

SCREENSHOTS
    stMg7.png

hSGYB.png

Let me know how this goes. GINGERBREAD BASED

Need new spl/radio (of course)
    No, I don't know chinese :p

Note to people: phone 1/2 works on here. if anyone has any ideas for data, let me know...
    this is not miui. It resembles MIUI and is quite speedy, if I do say so myself.