FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOLS][ZIPS][SCRIPTS] osm0sis' Odds and Ends [Multiple Devices/Platforms]

13,597 posts
Thanks Meter: 29,911

By osm0sis, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 18th April 2013, 12:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
31st July 2018, 03:52 AM |#1901  
Flag The Poconos
Thanks Meter: 2,699

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis

Can you explain what you mean "don't have a recovery partition"? What do you have? Are you talking A/B devices? Or just some weird non-standard device where things are only mmcblk1p4 or p4 or sda4 etc?

An Essential PH-1... So standard A/B... With recovery in ramdisk...

However... It's stuffed into a Nougat boot.img... so it's only good for recovery...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rignfool For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rignfool Ad-Free

31st July 2018, 03:56 AM |#1902  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rignfool

An Essential PH-1... So standard A/B... With recovery in ramdisk...

However... It's stuffed into a Nougat boot.img... so it's only good for recovery...

FlashIt supports A/B with --slot, but of course for TWRP to be installed that requires a flashable zip, which generally requires recovery unless you want to do it manually (since I think all TWRP's zips do is replace the ramdisk whole).

That second part of your answer is confusing again. I thought PH-1 was Oreo for awhile now. Are you saying someone has hacked a dedicated recovery partition for the PH-1 out of another partition? You're still very short on details for a bug report or a feature request..

I'd like to help you and make FlashIt support whatever it can but you need to help me help you.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st August 2018, 01:41 AM |#1903  
Flag The Poconos
Thanks Meter: 2,699

More
Quote:

FlashIt supports A/B with --slot, but of course for TWRP to be installed that requires a flashable zip, which generally requires recovery unless you want to do it manually (since I think all TWRP's zips do is replace the ramdisk whole).

That second part of your answer is confusing again. I thought PH-1 was Oreo for awhile now. Are you saying someone has hacked a dedicated recovery partition for the PH-1 out of another partition? You're still very short on details for a bug report or a feature request..

I'd like to help you and make FlashIt support whatever it can but you need to help me help you.

The only version of TWRP that we have is hacked into a nougat kernel... It won't boot the OS... But it will boot into recovery...

So the common move for us is to flash TWRP before doing any modification...

FlashIt wants to flash TWRP to a recovery partition that doesn't exist... Since TWRP is in the boot.img... and I for the life of me... Without renaming it... Cannot figure out how to get TWRP to my boot partition...
The Following User Says Thank You to rignfool For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rignfool Ad-Free
1st August 2018, 01:53 AM |#1904  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rignfool

The only version of TWRP that we have is hacked into a nougat kernel... It won't boot the OS... But it will boot into recovery...

So the common move for us is to flash TWRP before doing any modification...

FlashIt wants to flash TWRP to a recovery partition that doesn't exist... Since TWRP is in the boot.img... and I for the life of me... Without renaming it... Cannot figure out how to get TWRP to my boot partition...

flashit.sh --exact boot twrp.img

Or something very close to that. Type flashit.sh --help if you're not sure. I mentioned --exact a couple replies ago.

Edit: Oh wait, you're right. --exact still uses whatever the file is named.. I'll tackle it 2 ways; I'll see about adding an argument to --exact to specify a different target, and have twrp-* named images fall back to boot partition when no recovery exists.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st August 2018, 11:11 PM |#1905  
Thanks Meter: 1,679

More
@osm0sis
confirm. # 4789534541138316
mrrocketdog

err on the side of kindness
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mrrocketdog For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mrrocketdog Ad-Free
3rd August 2018, 06:29 AM |#1906  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrocketdog

@osm0sis
confirm. # 4789534541138316
mrrocketdog

Thank you so very much for the generous donation! They are few and far between but always greatly appreciated, and help keep me motivated to work on things in my spare time as I do.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd August 2018, 07:51 AM |#1907  
Flag New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 363

More
Quote:

flashit.sh --exact boot twrp.img

Or something very close to that. Type flashit.sh --help if you're not sure. I mentioned --exact a couple replies ago.

Edit: Oh wait, you're right. --exact still uses whatever the file is named.. I'll tackle it 2 ways; I'll see about adding an argument to --exact to specify a different target, and have twrp-* named images fall back to boot partition when no recovery exists.

So what does --exact currently do if it doesn't force flashit to use the name of the partition provided? Thanks!
3rd August 2018, 11:14 AM |#1908  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by starcms

So what does --exact currently do if it doesn't force flashit to use the name of the partition provided? Thanks!

It forces the exact partition name for dumping, but for flashing it forces the exact name of the supplied .img to match against a target partition of the same name.
5th August 2018, 05:16 PM |#1909  
Flag Colchester
Thanks Meter: 1,634

Donate to Me
More
Hey @osm0sis I hope you don't mind me asking you this as I'm a complete noob at doing this but I figured you'd be the best person to help me with this. I'm basically trying to make a flashable zip in twrp that deletes the line: import /system/vendor/etc/init/hw/init.kerneltune.rc which is line 35 of the file init.qcom.rc located at the directory vendor/etc/init/hw. I'd really appreciate a bit of help as I'm not sure what is required to do this. Thank you. Vendor needs to not be mounted btw. I'm on a OnePlus 5T running TreskMod (custom aosp ROM)
5th August 2018, 05:48 PM |#1910  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILOPS 007

Hey @osm0sis I hope you don't mind me asking you this as I'm a complete noob at doing this but I figured you'd be the best person to help me with this. I'm basically trying to make a flashable zip in twrp that deletes the line: import /system/vendor/etc/init/hw/init.kerneltune.rc which is line 35 of the file init.qcom.rc located at the directory vendor/etc/init/hw. I'd really appreciate a bit of help as I'm not sure what is required to do this. Thank you. Vendor needs to not be mounted btw. I'm on a OnePlus 5T running TreskMod (custom aosp ROM)

So something like this function is pretty much all you need: https://github.com/osm0sis/AnyKernel...e.sh#L425-L431

Check out this for the rest: https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...e-zip-t2934449
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th August 2018, 06:37 PM |#1911  
Flag Colchester
Thanks Meter: 1,634

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

So something like this function is pretty much all you need: https://github.com/osm0sis/AnyKernel...e.sh#L425-L431

Check out this for the rest: https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...e-zip-t2934449

Appreciate the help mate. Got it working just fine👍
Attached Files
File Type: zip Performance-tweak.zip - [Click for QR Code] (172.2 KB, 80 views)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
automation, batch, flashable zip, script, tool

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)