[Q] Razr xt890i

Search This thread

asgaard76

May 20, 2014
Kildare/Podkowa Lesna
Hi there

That's my first post, so please be understanding. Bought a Motorola phone as it is (no water damage) which comes to booting logo and after few minutes keep restarting and trying to booting with no results. I've started red some posts, already but i'm stuck. Reset doesn't work (Power button+volume control down), but when i press power button +camera button and plug in with computer, it shows black screen and green led. Already installed MEDFIELD drivers, RSD Lite and xFSTK-DLDR. tried already RSD Lite with no luck (i've downloaded CFC_signed_customer_8.7.1I-110_IFW-DE-31_RTEU.xml and CFC_9.8.2I-50_SMI-26_S7_USASMIJBRTEU.xml)

Can get to AP Fastboot Flash Mode, but when i tried to do Factory or Recovery gets:
Failed to enter Factory/Recovery mode. error code -18

No more error code, only some kind of "GETVAR" failed

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 367
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 362
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    207.9 KB · Views: 372
Last edited:

asgaard76

May 20, 2014
Kildare/Podkowa Lesna
Read here
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2166646

CWMR or TWRP install easy 19-Sep-13

Install and try again
Enviado desde mi GT-I8190L
I'll give it go and let U know.

Thanks

Got such a message:
Feedback, criticism, ideas, improvments, thanks and appreciations are welcomed on the forum-thread.
Operating system: Windows.
Tools folder and fastboot file(s) created.
The folder containing the IMG files was not found.
No Nandroid folder was not found - "Restore" button disabled.
STARTING PRINT OF DEVICE INFO.
PRINT OF DEVICE INFO FAILURE - PLEASE CHECK YOUR CONNECTION.

How can i connect with Motorola, at the minute is on AP FASTBOOT

This time i paste .img files into Fastboot Commander folder nad gets:

Feedback, criticism, ideas, improvments, thanks and appreciations are welcomed on the forum-thread.
Operating system: Windows.
Tools folder found.
Windows fastboot tools found.
The folder containing the IMG files was not found.
No Nandroid folder was not found - "Restore" button disabled.
STARTING PRINT OF DEVICE INFO.
SPL/hboot version: 0x2025.
Radio version: failed.
Main software version: failed.
cid: 7.
cpld: failed.
product: smi.
getvar:mid failed (remote failure).
getvar:security failed (remote failure).
getvar:build-mode failed (remote failure).
Print of device info SUCCESSFUL.
This device does not have s-off nor eng hboot.
ARE YOU SURE THAT THIS IS THE RIGHT TOOL FOR YOU?

On phone i got Getvar build-mode
Fastboot command failed

Last edited:
If you came down those 2 firmware must know that one is ICS (8.7), the other JB (9.8) and if you wanted to install the ICS tending JB you've done a hardbrick, so I recommend you search for the thread "Unbrick for downgrading"

Sorry for my bad English

---------- Post added at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 AM ----------

I'll give it go and let U know.

Thanks

You bootloader is locked?
Only make if you have unlocked

---------- Post added at 08:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

Read here for getvar problem

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=38595619

Telcel Razr I liberate and use in another company

Last edited:

asgaard76

May 20, 2014
Kildare/Podkowa Lesna
If you came down those 2 firmware must know that one is ICS (8.7), the other JB (9.8) and if you wanted to install the ICS tending JB you've done a hardbrick, so I recommend you search for the thread "Unbrick for downgrading"

Sorry for my bad English

---------- Post added at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 AM ----------

You bootloader is locked?
Only make if you have unlocked

---------- Post added at 08:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

Read here forma getvar problem

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=38595619

Telcel Razr I liberate and use in another company

I don't know if it's unlocked as i bought when it won't pass booting screen
Quick update:
When i tried using Recovery.img through Fastboot commander got such a message (picture)
and on phone mostly gets Fastboot command failed
Invalid image size for partition recovery

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
I don't know if it's unlocked as i bought when it won't pass booting screen
Quick update:
When i tried using Recovery.img through Fastboot commander got such a message (picture)
and on phone mostly gets Fastboot command failed
Invalid image size for partition recovery

SURELY NOT HAVE THE BOOTLOADER UNLOCKED

IMPORTANT
AS YOU AND I flashed HAS MARKED ERROR, YOU MUST CORRECTLY FASTBOOT FLASH FOR SOMETHING AS BOOT IMAGE ( LOGO_SIGNED ) , EXTRACT OF THE SAME FIRMWARE (ZIP )
1 - . DOWNLOAD ONE FASBOOT.EXE OF THE THREADS XDA
2 - . PLACE THE IMAGE FILE ( LOGO_SIGNED ) WITH THE FASTBOOT EXE FILE IN ONE FOLDER IN THE ROOT FOR EXAMPLE C:\ANDROID\ <---- YOU CREATE
3. - OPEN COMMAND WINDOW IN THE FOLDER FILES YOU HAVE MENTIONED IN THE PREVIOUS ITEM
4 - . RAZR I CONNECTED TO PC BY USB CABLE AND BE IN FASTBOOT MODE SCREEN
5 - . INDICATE THE FOLLOWING COMMAND " FASTBOOT FLASH LOGO LOGO_SIGNED "

IF YOU ARE FLASHING OK FOLLOW YOU'VE INDICATED BELOW
CASE 1
1 - . USE A FIRMWARE JB (9.8 )
2 - . DECOMPRESS , EDIT THE FILE WITH EXTENSION XML, and eliminate GETVAR LINES INDICATED IN THE THREAD (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=38595619
Telcel Razr I liberate and use in another company)
3 - . USE RSD LITE VERSION 6.14 MINIMUM TO FLASH THE STOCK XML EDITED ( WHICH YOU HAVE CLEARED THE LINES GETVAR )

CASE 2
1 - . UNLOCK YOUR BOOTLOADER
2 - . INSTALLING A CUSTOM RECOVERY VIA FASTBOOT COMMANDER
3. - INSTALL AN " AS CUSTOM ROM OF OMAR AVELAR " IN THE RECOVERY

FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE THREAD (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=38595619
Telcel Razr I liberate and use in another company) IN THIS THREAD AS INDICATED UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ,

ALSO, THE RECOVERY IS TO INSTALL A CUSTOM ROM FOR EXAMPLE OF OMAR AVELAR AND YOU SHOULD HAVE UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER FOR THAT

Last edited:

asgaard76

May 20, 2014
Kildare/Podkowa Lesna
SURELY NOT HAVE THE BOOTLOADER UNLOCKED

IMPORTANT
AS YOU AND I flashed HAS MARKED DEFECTIVE, YOU MUST CORRECTLY FASTBOOT FLASH FOR SOMETHING AS BOOT IMAGE ( LOGO_SIGNED ) , extract SAME FIRMWARE (ZIP )
1 - . DOWNLOAD ONE OF THE THREADS FASBOOT.EXE XDA
2 - . PLACE THE IMAGE FILE ( LOGO_SIGNED ) FASTBOOT WITH THE EXE FILE
3. - OPEN COMMAND WINDOW IN THE FOLDER archvos YOU HAVE MENTIONED IN THE PREVIOUS ITEM
4 - . RAZR I CONNECTED TO PC BY USB CABLE AND BE IN FASTBOOT MODE SCREEN
5 - . INDICATE THE FOLLOWING COMMAND " FASTBOOT FLASH LOGO LOGO_SIGNED "

IF YOU ARE FLASHING OK FOLLOW YOU'VE INDICATED BELOW
CASE 1
1 - . USE A FIRMWARE JB (9.8 )
2 - . DECOMPRESS , EDIT THE FILE WITH EXTENSION XML, and eliminate GETVAR LINES INDICATED IN THE THREAD (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=38595619
Telcel Razr I liberate and use in another company)
3 - . USE RSD LITE VERSION 6.14 MINIMUM TO FLASH THE STOCK XML EDITED ( WHICH YOU HAVE CLEARED THE LINES GETVAR )

CASE 2
1 - . UNLOCK YOUR BOOTLOADER
2 - . INSTALLING A CUSTOM RECOVERY VIA FASTBOOT COMMANDER
3. - INSTALL AN " AS CUSTOM ROM OF OMAR AVELAR " FOR RECOVERY

FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE THREAD (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=38595619
Telcel Razr I liberate and use in another company) IN THIS THREAD AS INDICATED UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ,

ALSO, THE RECOVERY IS TO INSTALL A CUSTOM ROM AVELAR AS OF OMAR AND YOU SHOULD HAVE UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER

Will give it go and keep U inform. Thanks
Once again:
1. I have to download Fastboot.exe (is it fasboot commander?)
2. Image file (do i have it?? which one is it?)
3. command window?? I'm lost

Last edited:
Will give it go and keep U inform. Thanks
Once again:
1. I have to download Fastboot.exe (is it fasboot commander?)
2. Image file (do i have it?? which one is it?)
3. command window?? I'm lost
1. - Fastboot.exe
2. - logo_signed (must be obtained from the firmware, exploring the zip file) NO DOWNLOAD, draw your own "firmware ZIP (CFC_9.8.2I-50_SMI-26_S7_USASMIJBRTEU.xml.zip <-- for example)"

sorry for my bad English

Donwload files
http://db.tt/tak1LsuU

note: NO DOWNLOAD logo_signed file is of the firmware: Brasil.en.BR (IS "ICS" NO WORK, YOU DAMAGED YOUR PHONE)

Procedure
1. - Put the downloaded files in a folder in the root "C" on your pc, (I call this folder "Android" for example)
2.- Put the phone in fastboot mode (power button and Vol - squeezing them a few seconds until the screen fastboot mode) and connect with USB the phone to pc
3.- Opening a cmd screen, we stand there, I'm in cmd C:\Android\
4. - cheking with command fastboot devices
5. - Performed the command fastboot flash logo logo_signed
6. - Conducted after ending command fastboot reboot and that's it
7.- enjoy

Warning: only share what I see written on a forum and I served, so I do not take responsibility for any damage this may cause to your phone

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

AND YOU CAN NOT COME TO RECOVERY BECAUSE ERASED PARTITION,
AS YOUR PICTURE
WHERE RECEIVED INSTRUCTIONS TO CLEAR YOUR RECOVERY?
NO YOU ACCESS IT, TO RECOVERY BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO
AND YOU MUST FLASH THE STOCK RECOVERY FIRST TO SEE IF YOU ACCESS TO RECOVERY.
ALSO THAT WHAT TO DO WITH FASTBOOT COMMANDER

Last edited:

asgaard76

May 20, 2014
Kildare/Podkowa Lesna
As per picture
It looks like image was installed, what next steps should be done?

Yes, that's my fault. I've tried program and thought that it won't make any effects, because i got messages failed, so unfortunately i erase Recovery partition. Is there anything else what we can do?

Thanks

How can i flash stock Recovery and would it help?

Attachments

• 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

Hazou

Feb 5, 2012
Ok, try this, it has nothing to do with the logo u just flashed ;)

i dunno if u already done this. But we are gonna install the stock recovery again and see what happens. Installing a recovery cant kill your device ;)

If by this methode u cant install the recovery, fastboot gives an error, your bootloader is locked.

1. In this thread, download the 1.6 zip version of the recovery flasher. (the flasher is an automated proces, but we do it manually)
2. Open de zip file and extract the "stock.img" to the folder with the fastboot.exe
3. now, reboot the device in fastboot mode (power and volume down) and linked with usb to your pc obviously :p
4. use the command "fastboot devices" and u get a list of attached devices. If ur device is one of them we are good.
5. use the command "fastboot flash recovery stock.img" to flash the stock recovery. If it works, your device has an unlocked bootlaoder. If it doesn't its locked.

If it is locked, we go through the next step with rsd lite and install the latest JB 4.1.2 image to your device.

Hazou

Last edited:
Ok, try this, it has nothing to do with the logo u just flashed ;)

i dunno if u already done this. But we are gonna install the stock recovery again and see what happens. Installing a recovery cant kill your device ;)

If by this methode u cant install the recovery, fastboot gives an error, your bootloader is locked.

1. In this thread, download the 1.6 zip version of the recovery flasher. (the flasher is an automated proces, but we do it manually)
2. Open de zip file and extract the "stock.img" to the folder with the fastboot.exe
3. now, reboot the device in fastboot mode (power and volume down) and linked with usb to your pc obviously :p
4. use the command "fastboot devices" and u get a list of attached devices. If ur device is one of them we are good.
5. use the command "fastboot flash recovery stock.img" to flash the stock recovery. If it works, your device has an unlocked bootlaoder. If it doesn't its locked.

If it is locked, we go through the next step with rsd lite and install the latest JB 4.1.2 image to your device.

Hazou
had to make a correct flash because if you stay with an "incorrect flash", RSD LITE not work, and in many cases say error, reading the context, "directed to make a flash of SOMETHING" and that would be correct, then with RSD LITE flash the firmware and must not indicated error like before.

to the stock recovery you can flash with the same program that he used wrong

I do not have much that I left the Razr I but I've explained what ... . somewhere in all that I have written must match with you Master.

Sorry for my bad English

Hazou

Feb 5, 2012
had to make a correct flash because if you stay with an "incorrect flash", RSD LITE not work, and in many cases say error, reading the context, "directed to make a flash of SOMETHING" and that would be correct, then with RSD LITE flash the firmware and must not indicated error like before.

I do not have much that I left the Razr I but I've explained what ... . somewhere in all that I have written must match with you Master.

Sorry for my bad English

Don't get me wrong, if I gave you that idea, wasn't my purpose

U did great in presenting a solution for the problem, the only problem is that in my opinion your post wasn't very easy to read for a new guy with a problem. With all the lines/codes that were produces and not set in a container (/code) and with the big red lines that were in the post it wasn't very understandable.

Your English is fine, it is understandable, just the formatting of the post was in my opinion not very good. The solution is good though, maybe with a small sideway, but good.

Just keep it up and help those guys when ever u can. We need those folks like u that help others out!! :) :thumbsup:

Hazou

Verstuurd van mijn GT-P5110

Last edited:

asgaard76

May 20, 2014
Kildare/Podkowa Lesna

U did great in presenting a solution for the problem, the only problem is that in my opinion your post wasn't very easy to read for a new guy with a problem. With all the lines/codes that were produces and not set in a container (/code) and with the big red lines that were in the post it wasn't very understandable.

Your English is fine, it is understandable, just the formatting of the post was in my opinion not very good. The solution is good though, maybe with a small sideway, but good.

Just keep it up and help those guys when ever u can. We need those folks like u that help others out!! :) :thumbsup:

Hazou

Will post any update 2night.

Last edited:

asgaard76

May 20, 2014
Kildare/Podkowa Lesna
OK. Folks short update
Friend of mine who's also on xda forum gave me few tips which i tried, but no luck. Will post them here:

1. CMD: fastboot oem get_unlock_data

fastboot oem get_unlock_data
(bootloader) 3A25150915586129#54413233373034
(bootloader) 48354100000000000000000000#1ACF
(bootloader) 4FDA6DCEE30F10CACA1F7FC1CBD39CB
(bootloader) 08BBF#DFF3ABAE76852954D805ED6EF
(bootloader) 3FA0000
OKAY [ 0.290s]
finished. total time: 0.290s

2. fastboot oem unlock PJYERHAJMZMPVYSRKIXN

fastboot oem unlock PJYERHAJMZMPVYSRKIXN
(bootloader) BLKDISCARD ioctl /dev/block/mmcblk0 fail
(bootloader) Erase userdata fail
(bootloader) General Unlock failure!
(bootloader) OEM unlock failure!
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 8.390s

In Motorola phone it says
Unlock
Fastboot command failed

He said that partition table is faulty. It can be done only in Linux or JTAG.

Any advice on this?

We tried this as well:

CMD: fastboot format data

(bootloader) Variable not supported!
formatting 'data' partition...
(bootloader) Variable not supported!
FAILED (remote failure)
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 0.342s

He said that emmc is faulty that's why fastboot won't work.

Last edited:

Hazou

Feb 5, 2012
It could be indeed an emmc problem, in that case a repair at motorola can only fix it, or u will need to replace the motherboard, that will set u back another 150 dollars.

But, u successfully flashed the logo, so a part of the emmc is still working correctly i assume. btw, my knowledge about emmc problems stops here..

The next steps i should take is the following, we will reformat/partition your device, as far as it goes. But I never done this, didn't need to i only know it is possible. Everything that happens now is on your own responsibility!!

1. Download your correct firmware, must be jellybean 4.1.2 from here(firmware)
2. Extract it content in a folder like "STOCKROM"
3. Download new fastboot files from here (mfastboot,xda)
4. Extract the new mfastboot files in the folder "STOCKROM" if u named it like that.
5. Connect your device with your pc, make sure all drivers are correctly installed, and boot in fastboot mode (power + volume down)
6. Flash each of the partitions in sequence using mfastboot (is like fastboot, but can install files larger then 100mb), you need to enter the following commands one-by-one checking that each one returns an [OKAY]. If it doesnt work, i am out of ideas. sry, but report anyway what happend ;)
Code:
mfastboot flash gpt gpt_signed
mfastboot flash motoboot motoboot
mfastboot flash boot boot_signed
mfastboot flash recovery recovery_signed
mfastboot flash motobp motobp
mfastboot flash system system_signed
mfastboot flash cdrom cdrom_signed
mfastboot erase cache 
mfastboot erase userdata 
mfastboot reboot

Good luck with it, i will hear from you.

Hazou

btw, erasing 'data' is impossible, fastboot doesn't know 'data', only 'userdata' ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: fx880p

asgaard76

May 20, 2014
Kildare/Podkowa Lesna
It could be indeed an emmc problem, in that case a repair at motorola can only fix it, or u will need to replace the motherboard, that will set u back another 150 dollars.

But, u successfully flashed the logo, so a part of the emmc is still working correctly i assume. btw, my knowledge about emmc problems stops here..

The next steps i should take is the following, we will reformat/partition your device, as far as it goes. But I never done this, didn't need to i only know it is possible. Everything that happens now is on your own responsibility!!

4. Extract the new mfastboot files in the folder "STOCKROM" if u named it like that.
5. Connect your device with your pc, make sure all drivers are correctly installed, and boot in fastboot mode (power + volume down)
6. Flash each of the partitions in sequence using mfastboot (is like fastboot, but can install files larger then 100mb), you need to enter the following commands one-by-one checking that each one returns an [OKAY]. If it doesnt work, i am out of ideas. sry, but report anyway what happend ;)
Code:
mfastboot erase cache 
mfastboot erase userdata 
mfastboot reboot

Hazou

btw, erasing 'data' is impossible, fastboot doesn't know 'data', only 'userdata' ;)

None of them are working. Anyway i was in few repair shops in Dublin and none of them can fixed as they stated Motorola isn't popular in Ireland. Mostly i heard "i have no clue" or "You have to send to manufacturer". One of them tried fixed (it takes roughly 3 hours), but also gave up. He said that it's nearly same story with chip which Samsung S3 had. Don't ask me what does it mean, cuz have no idea. Friend of mine who's also user on that forum will fix it as he stated, but don't know if i gonna send it to Poland. At this stage i have to stop any more tests with Motorola as i don't know what i have to do.

Thanks for all support and will keep You inform if something turn up.

Btw. one of Chinese "call him tech-e" broked back cover of Motorola (beside camera, cracked glass), but i noticed it when i left his repair centre.

Thanks

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sorry for my bad English

Hazou

Code:
    mfastboot erase cache 
    mfastboot erase userdata 
    mfastboot reboot

Hazou

Okey, best of luck!

Hazou

Verstuurd van mijn XT890