HTC Dumlock - workaround HTC's Unlock with any Recovery

Search This thread

Dees_Troy

Senior Recognized Developer
Mar 31, 2008
KC MO
www.teamw.in
HTC Dumlock

HTC Dumlock is a workaround for devices with HTC's unlock that cannot flash boot from recovery. Put simply, we make backups of recovery and boot, then we flash the backup of recovery to boot. When you reboot normally, you'll be in your recovery, but since your recovery is flashed to boot, you can make changes to boot. We've added some extra features to TWRP 2 to allow you to easily restore the backup of boot once you've booted your recovery with this method, OR you can use the installable zips with any recovery that you choose. Hit the link below for the details.

DOWNLOAD:
You can find more information and download links on our website!

Last edited:

nonione

Aug 10, 2009
S.S.
very nice stuff!

hey i have a question regarding point number 3:

"3) If you install a new kernel that doesn't work and you can't boot up, then you'll need a computer with fastboot access to fix it."

how do i do that?

Emmanuel U

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 29, 2011
Chi-Town Suburbs
Hi do you think it would be possible to port this to the Mytouch 4g slide I'd be willing to test....and were stuck in the same problem

Btw: We have similiar devices to the sensation and the evo 3d has almost the exact same partitions

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HTC Dumlock

HTC Dumlock is a workaround for devices with HTC's unlock that cannot flash boot from recovery. Put simply, we make backups of recovery and boot, then we flash the backup of recovery to boot. When you reboot normally, you'll be in your recovery, but since your recovery is flashed to boot, you can make changes to boot. We've added some extra features to TWRP 2 to allow you to easily restore the backup of boot once you've booted your recovery with this method, OR you can use the installable zips with any recovery that you choose. Hit the link below for the details.

DOWNLOAD:
    You can find more information and download links on our website!