[ROM][AOSP][Nightly/Release] CarbonRom KitKat [L900]

Search This thread

somesayinice

Mar 29, 2008
Thanks but I was getting force closes on theme chooser. Did it work for you? I may have to do a fresh install.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Try disabling theme chooser on app settings after installing the plasma. Of course this means, that you have first choose the theme you want on the default kernel before installing plasma kernel. Not a perfect solution but this has worked well for me.

Reactions: Natedog1

Skripka

Dec 17, 2011
Postulo forklift ad portandum iste
Previous rom: LiquidSmooth kk beta. Modem: MK4
recovery: PhilZ 6.07.9 Wipe Data/Factory Reset->Clean to install a New ROM & flashed rom
flashed Gapps: pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.4.2-20140217-signed.zip
reboot...

Just wondering if anyone else is having data issues. Wifi works great, but I cannot get reliable 3G data. PhilZ recovery, PA GApps, clean wipe.

Love the ROM otherwise.

marinor

Feb 25, 2010
I'm not finding settings for ribbon? Is that missing for the l900?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

chconser

Aug 29, 2010
I'm not finding settings for ribbon? Is that missing for the l900?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

Is this what you're looking for?
Settings>Carbon Fibers>Statusbar> then scroll over to the Notification Drawer header & down near the bottom you'll see "QUICK ACCESS RIBBON".

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

marinor

Feb 25, 2010
Is this what you're looking for?
Settings>Carbon Fibers>Statusbar> then scroll over to the Notification Drawer header & down near the bottom you'll see "QUICK ACCESS RIBBON".

No, I'm talking about the ribbon that you could configure to show up when you swipe from the left or right edges. Where you can add apps that you use more frequently if you wanted to.

marinor

Feb 25, 2010
That would be the app bar. Not sure if carbon has it though.

I just looked at the carbon's website and saw in build that they may have not added all the features from 4.3 to 4.4 yet. That might be one of the features. I'll browse the Change Log and see if it was added yet.

Go to the Market and use SIDEBAR APP. Does exactly what you described.

I'll take a look at it. Thanks

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

I just looked at the carbon's website and saw in build that they may have not added all the features from 4.3 to 4.4 yet. That might be one of the features. I'll browse the Change Log and see if it was added yet.

Well, I took a look at the change log and the last time any changes were made to the ribbon was on Nightly 9-19-2013. And KitKat for Carbon was released on 1-30-2014.

Blah, hopefully it gets added soon. I don't have another device to see if the ribbon is available on other versions.

Last edited:

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx

I'll take a look at it. Thanks

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

Well, I took a look at the change log and the last time any changes were made to the ribbon was on Nightly 9-19-2013. And KitKat for Carbon was released on 1-30-2014.

Blah, hopefully it gets added soon. I don't have another device to see if the ribbon is available on other versions.

All commits about ribbon are referring to the stuff at the top of your notification screen. There are a few 4.4 roms that do have the app bar. When you read the op's look under features for app bar.

Skripka

Dec 17, 2011
Postulo forklift ad portandum iste
Only fix-ish thing I've found is toggling different APN settings. E.g. switching to "Sprint LTE Internet"....which can be a hassle if the device switches back on its own to "Sprint" often.

Update: Out of the blue the 3/31 nightly looks to have "just working" data...although I haven't been on my commute around town to actually see if it hands off between radios fine yet.

jrebo

Oct 17, 2007
Arizona
Did a full wipe and flashed the 04/08 nightly with plasma kernel and 4.4.2 pa stock gapps and I kept getting a phone force close which disabled me from using my phone. Did another full wipe and flashed just the ROM and I get stuck on the Galaxy Note 2 boot screen. Anyone have any info on this issue? Thanks.

Also, amazing ROM. 03/24 nightly runs flawlessly for me. Been using Carbon for a year now and whenever I switch ROMs just to see if anything can top Carbon, I always find myself switching back. Carbon is superior to anything by far. Carbon paired with Plasma and zzmove gov, everything is smooth and lightning fast, not even Facebook and Instagram show a hint of lag (the laggiest apps known to man.)

Since 03/24 is working for you, I'm guessing its a bad download because I'm on 04/08.

tx_dbs_tx

Jan 19, 2009
Texas, USA
Thought it was a bad download at first. I have it working now. All I had to do was manually format all files on my phone instead of using the wipe to install clean rom feature in philz recovery. Everythings running good now.

That's interesting. So would you assume that your version of Phil's recovery isn't wiping correctly? I've been having minor issues with rom flashing myself and I've been tempted to do what you did.

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
Philz is the only recovery I use. Even the dual boot recovery i use is a modifed version of philz. Never had a wiping issue. Make sure you are using 6.07.9 and there will be no issues.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: tx_dbs_tx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub. and on our Gerrit CarbonDev Gerrit.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features

All of our features can be found on our site here:

Carbon Features

Here are some screenshots:

Carbon Screenshots

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features, changelog, and FAQ can be found on our website.

Carbon Downloads

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Carbon Changelog

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Find out here:

Carbon Team

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][AOSP][Nightly/Release] CarbonRom KitKat [L900], ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
    CarbonDev, BigShotRob22, slick_rick
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-02-25
    Last Updated 2014-06-07
    Alright we have carbon once again!!
    Flashed 6/10 nightly this mroning on a fresh install (wiped entire internal) with newest PA Gapps and have no mobile data. I did flash using Philz. Any ideas?

As it turns out, it seems Plasma Kernel a6 isn't playing nicely with 4.4.3. Beware everyone!

A6 does indeed work. I am using it now with 6/10 Carbon.

You MUST flash Plasma separately from the OS/GApps flash after fully booting into the ROM once. Otherwise you get the problem you see. The problem was introduced on Carbon builds starting 6/3 and is not exclusive to a6
    New build posted. Thank God devs exist.

Nightly 5-14-2014
    Fix CM Theme Manager FC’s
    Fix lockscreen notifications FC for some devices
    Added ability to launch apps in recent menu in a floating window by long pressing
    Moved About Carbon into About Phone in Settings
    Fixed issue where notification of an SMS message would remain in notification bar if the message was opened through notification shade
    Fixed lockscreen longpress actions
    Fixed pause/resume not working for downloads