Pictures Taken With M8

Search This thread

NIK516

Mar 4, 2010
More shots fishing at night . The moon was behind the clouds looked cool.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1397950066125.jpg
    1397950066125.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 632

habylab

Dec 3, 2010
How does the camera cope with the rain? Does it capture it well as the shutter is fast?

Sent from my SlimKat Nexus 7 (2014) using Tapatalk. My mobile is a SlimKat run Galaxy S3.

bobdude5

Jan 12, 2009
Tustin
I swear the room was pitch black. I set the shutter speed to its low value and set Iso at its highest
y3ubagu3.jpg

And then some crab
a6emeseb.jpg

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

DigitalMadness

Jun 13, 2011
Some more nature photos ?

Attachments

• IMAG0347.jpg
    IMAG0347.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 468
  • IMAG0342.jpg
    IMAG0342.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 440
  • IMAG0339.jpg
    IMAG0339.jpg
    294.3 KB · Views: 400
  • IMAG0338.jpg
    IMAG0338.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 390
Reactions: arses

warfexion

Dec 14, 2011
Can someone tell me how I can post images on here in full size instead of the thumbnail above? Is it possible from my phone? Thanks

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Had to do this one - HTC One Batman Edition :D

HTC_One_Batman_Edition.jpg
    Here are some shots I took today. The first 3 are taken with stock camera, and all the ones after are taken with Jishnu's beta camera.

Stock, Manual
    2014-05-06 15.32.55 by Jean Dumitrescu, on Flickr

Stock, Auto
    2014-05-06 15.33.57 by Jean Dumitrescu, on Flickr

Stock, HDR
    2014-05-06 15.34.06 by Jean Dumitrescu, on Flickr

Jishnu's, Auto
    2014-05-06 16.03.43 by Jean Dumitrescu, on Flickr

Jishnu's, Manual
    2014-05-06 16.04.54 by Jean Dumitrescu, on Flickr

Jishnu's, HDR
    2014-05-06 16.04.05 by Jean Dumitrescu, on Flickr

Jishnu's, Auto
    2014-05-06 16.14.06 by Jean Dumitrescu, on Flickr

Jishnu's, Manual
    2014-05-06 16.16.12 by Jean Dumitrescu, on Flickr

Jishnu's, HDR
    2014-05-06 16.13.43 by Jean Dumitrescu, on Flickr

Jishnu's, Auto
    2014-05-06 18.39.09 by Jean Dumitrescu, on Flickr

Jishnu's, Auto
    2014-05-06 21.10.56 by Jean Dumitrescu, on Flickr

Jishnu's, Auto
    2014-05-06 22.11.05 by Jean Dumitrescu, on Flickr

Jishnu's, Auto
    2014-05-06 22.11.28 by Jean Dumitrescu, on Flickr

Jishnu's, HDR
    2014-05-06 22.11.40 by Jean Dumitrescu, on Flickr
    Maybe not for you, but you don't speak for everybody.

Maybe people should be using a real camera, or they could use, ya know...almost any high end android phone released in the past 2 years and get better quality.

This isn't the motorola flip phone days. Phones and good camera quality go hand in hand, especially in a high end device. There is a reason why this camera is getting killed (thanks to the poster above you for more "real world" comparisons, showing the One getting beat by a, lol, Nexus 5).

At least the Nexus cut corners so they can offer a high~ish end Android experience. HTC did not cut corners. They spent a lot of time, energy and resources in developing this camera. It just doesn't work. You can't tell me they didn't know, didn't compare with other cameras. They should have went with a proven sensor, trimmed that god forsaken bezel and enjoyed a year of success. I would have grabbed it today if not for that. I actually went to Verizon, molested the store model for an unacceptable amount of time, then went next door and sat at Starbucks trying to convince myself to buy it lol...no go.

I can't see a single upgrade over my G2, I do however, see some downgrades.

compared to a dslr high end android phones are still terrible. i have the xperia z1, and its nothing to write home about. sure when comparing it to other mobile cameras its good, but when compared to a dedicated camera, its bad. So for most people who use photos for quick memories, social media, this is fine.

also you make comments like you design phones. you do know the bezel HAS to be there. With front facing speakers, the bezel hides the digitzer. They have no where else to put it by making the phone that slim, and giving you the features. What phoen are you comparing it to? the xperia z2? biggest bezels on the market? samsung s5? the cheap plastic ugly phone thats one giant bezel? the only other phone that comes close is the g2, and i t doesnt have speakers of this quality, has to place the buttons on the back,

see the g2 which you bezel complainers love to point at.

LG-G2-Unboxing-14-640x426.jpg

see that black part at the bottom? that hides the digitizer. notice how it doesnt have LARGE speakers on the front of the device.

You think a company who designs a unibody aluminum phone, makes it this slim, gives it outstanding features all around (besides the camera and bezels you complain about), didnt think to try to make the bezels as small as they could when the phone has been in development for over a year? You think thats how big companies who spend millions on designing their phones think?

too much wasted space? none of it is wasted at all.

Kagze00.png

cut the bull****. if you have nothing constructive to say besides whine like an infant then go post on the comments on engadget.
    Finally had my first hands on the M8

in short the very best thing about the M8 is actually the camera and the best thing about the camra is the software / speed and the best thing about the software / speed is: Manual Mode

really this is just incredible on a phone and i didn't expect it to work so well, for those who have asked "why slowing down the shutter all the way down results in a white photo" well what do you expect? basic photography principal, slowing down the shutter means more exposure time, the more exposure the more light gets in, so as you extend exposure time you get better quality and more light but slower speed hence motion blur, if you go too far in indoor moderate light or outdoor the camera will be blinded by all the light, you need to subtly slide the shutter time to find the sweet spot in dynamic range, in other words you only to really to slow down the shutter all the way down in extreme darkness

but the very best of all is manual focus which works just like analog, you slide all the way down for super close macro or all the way back for infinite focus (no more missed macro or landscape shots) there is a macro and a landscape scenes for that but personally if i am capturing anything still life like landscape it will be Manual mode and only manual mode

in terms of stills i i didn't miss OIS at all as the motion blur is fought pretty hard even with slower shutter times, in fact i would say it fights motion blur a lot better than the M7, however i did notice that auto focus sometimes didn't lock correctly on target (indoor moderate light) the only weakness of this sensor is chromatic limits visible when taking a shot of spotlights, the lights show chromatic jagged issues around the edges

eitherway i am simply floored, HTC can put any hardware they want on this because simply the software is out of this world, they are basically milking this sensor at this point and the results really show, coming from the M7 it feels a like a complete new camera

in manual mode i had ISO all the way down and exposure at medium, so really image quality and the famous over exposure is totally in your hands

so what's the worst thing about the M8? Ufocus, i know you guys have posted tons of great results but seriously for the flagship feature of the second sensor this is really needs to work a lot better, so many limitations and rules and so hard to get right, the device i tested was with base 1.12.x and i know things are a lot better with 1.54.x but still like i said, they've extended the height of the phone and added an entire second camera in there, Ufocus should have worked considerably better day one

anyway just to prove how easy it is to control and snap with this camera, i snapped all these in just few minutes (indoor at night with spot lights)

Auto: ISO-200 Exposure 1/30

13767533673_bf317ab568_h.jpg

notice how on auto it slightly over exposed the top of the droid

now the fun part, Manual mode: almost a professional camera my friends

don't forget you can always save your favorite manual mode settings as custom scenes for later use , you can also use auto values in manual but cap their maximum

Manual: ISO-100, Exposure 1/15, basically i slowed down the shutter time until i had good exposure, did you say poor dynamic range? (i still find this image hard to believe that it's coming from a phone) this is not ufocus it's the natural bokeh of this phone

13767201733_c8c41fa3e6_h.jpg

Manual: ISO-200, Exposure 1/30, Manual focus into closeup

13767397485_417e81f6ae_h.jpg

Manual: ISO-250, Exposure 1/30, Manual focus into max distance (thanks to manual our focus is completely decoupled from exposure)

13767387843_e9e986406b_h.jpg

Manual: ISO-160, Exposure 1/15

13767550974_c600c36ce0_h.jpg

nothing sexy about this except proving there is no left side blur and the only thing resembling distance in my location (the ceiling spots are of different colors at my friend's shop so the colors didn't look so great here) check out the full resolution image

and a few more using just auto mode and auto focus, this thing takes better closeups than any device i have ever tried and color wise: it wipes the floor with the M7

13767999854_4efd338c96_h.jpg

13767590085_6a84ab386d_h.jpg

13767653165_59ae35d499_h.jpg

13767678453_eb89fb5779_h.jpg

by the way all these shots with default sharpness, it's good but can look a bit odd at only certain edges, for that i only recommend dropping sharpness to -0.5

flickr set:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/56930129@N03/sets/72157643769963843/

HTC simply needs to advertise it as the fastest camera in this world and professional manual controls > that would be make more sense to people than explaining the large pixel advantage