Looking for a new rom as a daily driver

Search This thread

dragynbane222

Jul 2, 2012
Google Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel 5
I've grown bored of CM, Slim, and Paranoid Android, so I'm looking for an interesting rom, my main stipulation is the source has to be out there so I can go and look around in it (and likely build it since I'm weird like that), MIUI looks interesting, but I'm still looking to see if the source is out there.

So I'm looking for input, does anyone have any suggestions of a ROM I can take, build and customize my own version of and use as my main rom?

TheLastSidekick

Recognized Contributor
Aug 4, 2012
I don't believe MIUI releases source code.

And essentially any AOSP ROM that has a repo can easily be built. I used AICP to build from its repo and it worked fine. Customizing has different meanings to everyone.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Ex-Hunter

Sep 4, 2013
For what its worth I use and reccomend F2FS version of Carbon ROM, but it maybe too similar to CM,Slim,PA for you.

Reactions: denzel09

ronedogg

Nov 3, 2012
Why would anyone recommend miui. It looks like iOS lol go buy a damn iPhone

I recommend slimrom. Smooth, fast and stable.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

USBhost

Recognized Contributor
Oct 23, 2013
u:r:usbhost:s0
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 12
Dido on the carbon ROM. I tried it for the first time after reading these posts and its not bad at all. Very fast and minimal with a ton of customizations built it. I think I found my new daily

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Cheers

If your using All-F2FS

I'm converting every nightly build to All-F2FS
So you can be always up to date with the latest build.

Reactions: wejgomi

Mr.Miyagi555

Jun 10, 2012
has anyone tried liquid, carbon and rasta with the latest builds? which of these are the fastest and most stable? i havent use my OG n7 for a year and am running an old version of vanir rom. I have been seeing F2FS but cant get a grasp on what it does exactly. can someone explain this for a moron like myself?

Thanks in advance!

any of these roms can be installed , i just have to update my recovery right?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For what its worth I use and reccomend F2FS version of Carbon ROM, but it maybe too similar to CM,Slim,PA for you.
    Found a good one I can work with, tried it in the past, at the time it was a bit much, anyway, it's PACman, I did like some of the things they did with it.
    Dido on the carbon ROM. I tried it for the first time after reading these posts and its not bad at all. Very fast and minimal with a ton of customizations built it. I think I found my new daily

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Cheers

If your using All-F2FS

I'm converting every nightly build to All-F2FS
    So you can be always up to date with the latest build.
    Rastakat F2FS 4.4.3 + M-kernel a68 + ART is very fast and stable

Enviado desde mi Nexus 7 mediante Tapatalk