Search This thread

djgboy

Mar 9, 2009
Hollywood
www.myspace.com
sorry to be a noob but i root my HTC Sensation 4G and try to put a rom but now i keep getting reboots i did everty right in how to root and to inshall rom i just cant get it to boot all the way it keeps rebooting i put the right firmware for the rom can some one help me

undercover

Oct 10, 2010
London, UK
Could you be a bit more specific please. It helps us to help you if you give as much information as you can in the post with your initial question.
sorry to be a noob but i root my HTC Sensation 4G and try to put a rom but now i keep getting reboots i did everty right in how to root and to inshall rom i just cant get it to boot all the way it keeps rebooting i put the right firmware for the rom can some one help me

Sent through the wormhole from my Sensation.

forzanetti

Feb 17, 2011
HTCdev

I'm planning to unlock my sensation's bootloader with HTCdev and then remove bloatwares. After the process, my phone would still remain S-ON right? So I will have no problem installing OTA updates in the future? I'd like to stick with the stock ROM and remain S-ON for a while. Are there any drawbacks in doing this?

One more thing, my sensation is Hongkong version and I don't see that in HTCdev's list. Should I choose Sensation(EU) or "Any other supported models?"

Thanks

Last edited:

undercover

Oct 10, 2010
London, UK
Why not just go for revolutionary? Same result without affecting your warranty in any way. Just as easy to s-on. You don't have to install custom rom, you can just root and remove bloatware. You will not be able to receive ota on custom recovery,but nothing stops you from rooting, removing bloatware, reflashing stock recovery, and receiving ota.
I'm planning to unlock my sensation's bootloader with HTCdev and then remove bloatwares. After the process, my phone would still remain S-ON right? So I will have no problem installing OTA updates in the future? I'd like to stick with the stock ROM and remain S-ON for a while. Are there any drawbacks in doing this?

One more thing, my sensation is Hongkong version and I don't see that in HTCdev's list. Should I choose Sensation(EU) or "Any other supported models?"

Thanks

forzanetti

Feb 17, 2011
Why not just go for revolutionary? Same result without affecting your warranty in any way. Just as easy to s-on. You don't have to install custom rom, you can just root and remove bloatware. You will not be able to receive ota on custom recovery,but nothing stops you from rooting, removing bloatware, reflashing stock recovery, and receiving ota.

Thanks for the quick reply :D

So removing bloatwares is easier via revolutionary compared to HTCdev? Any brick risks? So the steps should be :

1. S-OFF
2. Root
3. Remove bloatwares
4. Flashing stok recovery
5. S-ON

Did I miss anything? So by the end of it, I would have S-ON and unrooted device, minus the bloatwares?

undercover

Oct 10, 2010
London, UK
Correct. But you might want to keep s-off just in case, for the future. S-ON if you send it for repair.
Thanks for the quick reply :D

So removing bloatwares is easier via revolutionary compared to HTCdev? Any brick risks? So the steps should be :

1. S-OFF
2. Root
3. Remove bloatwares
4. Flashing stok recovery
5. S-ON

Did I miss anything? So by the end of it, I would have S-ON and unrooted device, minus the bloatwares?

Jan 8, 2012
Hi guys. Had this idea for a while. There are a lot of people joining xda on daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked which fill up Development threads. Point them here.

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE,adb, drivers, superCID etc...... You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

I hope more experienced guys will help out, lets turn this thread into near enough real time help chat. I hope idea takes of and this becomes a sticky. Obviously, anyone can ask questions, not just newbees.

No abuse towards noobs or silly questions is tolerated here!
posted this ,but nobody answered
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1478381

LinkToTHis

Aug 22, 2011
Seems like a foolish thing to ask but, i'm using a AOSP ROM and i just can not find the settings to connect to WiFi, i can not find where i can view WiFi in range.

H89P

Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 1, 2011
Munich
www.facebook.com
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Error

Hey Guys,

got a little Problem with the TMO Europe RUU.

I have to go back to Stock due to a warrenty issue. Thus I wanted to do this with the above mentioned RUU.

I first was on ICS with new 3.25 firmware. So i went back to old 3.12 FW and the 1.17 HBOOT. After that I installed the ARHD 4.x.x

When I now try to update it says update from 2.0.8,... to 1.45

but when it about to Start there is this 155~159 Error which says that it is not the right RUU

My Sensation was shipped with TMO Branding thats the reason why i tried it with this RUU

Can someone help me please

atb001

Feb 2, 2012
kernels, undervolting

Hi

I'm wondering what is the best free solution for improving battery life and performance, with undervolting and dynamic control of processor frequency?

Currently I'm running DarkForest 5.1.0 (Android 4.0.3, Sense 3.6), firmware 3.25.401.101, kernel 3.0.16-g5e58c5e, baseband 11.68.3504.00P_11.21.3504.12_2.

I've tried CPU Tuner, which is very nice software, but doesn't allow for undervolting. Should I just install an undervolted kernel and stick with this software, or is there another software for controlling the voltage levels?

Can anyone recommend kernels/software for this purpose? I haven't done anything with kernels yet, so any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

undercover

Oct 10, 2010
London, UK
You need to supercid to flash RUU with lower hboot version. Step 4 in the guide in development forum.

@atb001

As I don't use anything like that, I can't help you here, hopefully someone will.
Hey Guys,

got a little Problem with the TMO Europe RUU.

I have to go back to Stock due to a warrenty issue. Thus I wanted to do this with the above mentioned RUU.

I first was on ICS with new 3.25 firmware. So i went back to old 3.12 FW and the 1.17 HBOOT. After that I installed the ARHD 4.x.x

When I now try to update it says update from 2.0.8,... to 1.45

but when it about to Start there is this 155~159 Error which says that it is not the right RUU

My Sensation was shipped with TMO Branding thats the reason why i tried it with this RUU

Can someone help me please

Top Liked Posts