[TOOL] Full Brick Repair (Clean & Easy)

Search This thread

leroy_coco

Nov 2, 2011
buenos aires
awesome

Dude, this is great, hope you could made this a month ago when i brick my O2X :( now it is in warranty and i will get a new one cuz i love this phone
Keep up the good work, this is great for the community
Good luck

M3n0

Feb 3, 2012
Ok, so I do a lot of wipe-ing and changing options, flashing zips, and once in a while (like now) I get stuck somewhere, and can't do much to repair the damage I've done... till now. This tool is so simple, and so useful, I can't express my graditude. Thank you very very much. You sir deserve a beer :)

aldyu

Jun 21, 2012
Hi progmaq, any plan to do this with the new partition layout? Very handy and fast switching to and from the 2 layouts. Thanks.

andycmc

Aug 17, 2007
hong kong
used it to save my 2x, a really cool tools ! but win8 is not working, win 7 (64bit) is ok, thanks pal ^^

Last edited:

awesomenoob

Jul 19, 2012
Germany - NRW
I can't install the drivers for NVFlash under Win 8, it always brings me the same error message and I don't know what to do, is there anybody who could help me with this disaster?:rolleyes:

60nine

for gods sake can a moderator put this answer about nvflashing under win8 somewhere visible on top of all threads on every 2x subforum?!

its been answered or talked about like 10times in the last few days...

in addition - make a "newbies - use search option" large banner on top of the xda...

thanx a million!

SuperSkill

Jun 25, 2011
Kristiansand
for gods sake can a moderator put this answer about nvflashing under win8 somewhere visible on top of all threads on every 2x subforum?!

its been answered or talked about like 10times in the last few days...

in addition - make a "newbies - use search option" large banner on top of the xda...

thanx a million!

C'mon mate ;) as I saw about win8 vs nvflash I did a search, on google in fact, and found the solution within 5 minutes. And, search button using any computer are reckoned to be very good if you compare to many other forums. Important, nvflash was not made for windows 8, so when upgrading windows the moaning rights dissappear :) and for info, spyrosk made a good description in his AIO all in one tread which is a fantastic tread. Remember, not all of us were born on a sheet of gold. Last, 6 months ago nvflash weren't used by many. Why? Because in order to use it you should know what it is, how to set it up and be aware if it's power :)

Nov 1, 2012
What makes this tool?

With this tool, you can recover any full brick. Can also be used to solve the problems caused by changing the partition sizes or add / delete these, as it will create new partitions system bringing factory.

I've seen this in this forum, what are the differences?

The main advantage that don't exists in other tool, is that in this case is included factory misc and lgdrg partitions.

Many users who have flashed with nVFlash can see how the /lgdrm is almost empty, while originally came many more files.

These files can not be recovered even installing a full stock.

I also added CWM 6.0.1.5. as a recovery partition.

And the system partition and kernel?

Are also included of course. In this case it is the "CM10 nightly" of November 5, 2012.

Do I need to know more?

To use this tool, you must have installed drivers nVFlash, which of course are included.

Once installed, you only need to click on "flash.bat" and follow the instructions.

Anything missing?

Once complete, the device is ready for operation, but it is recommended to install the latest gapps for "CM10" that have not been included for the same reason they do not come in the CyanogenMod ROM.

Download link?

HERE

Credits

- NVidia for NvFlash tool.
- CyanogenMod for the best great ROM ;)
- Paul@modaco for giving first NVflash rom as base to use and learn.

ProgMaq, You are a genius bro !!! Whoever u r, God bless u !! Your tool has helped me bring my LG P990 back to life !! A million thanks to you !! Cheers:good::good::good::good::good::good: :D

asifur

Apr 20, 2009
need help ...phone not booting

Hi

I was on the ICS bootloader and Pengus CM 10 ROM. Phone is not booting and not working on the smart flash... nvflash recognize the phone APX Device, and when I tried to flash your repair ....after downloading the bootloader it stops doing anything at all, just " waiting for bootloader to initialize" ...i have attached a screenshot of it too. pls help me..

Attachments

• boot.png
    boot.png
    33 KB · Views: 518

svein01

Oct 24, 2006
Oslo
Hi

I was on the ICS bootloader and Pengus CM 10 ROM. Phone is not booting and not working on the smart flash... nvflash recognize the phone APX Device, and when I tried to flash your repair ....after downloading the bootloader it stops doing anything at all, just " waiting for bootloader to initialize" ...i have attached a screenshot of it too. pls help me..

Not to scare you but that happened to me back in November. I had to have the phone serviced. Fortunately it was still invert warranty and since it doesn't boot at all, the service center did not know I had tried to flash a new ROM :p

My issue was due to overheating a component. It happened to me on v28 ics leak.

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda premium

XL3R8TOR

Jul 18, 2010
Awesome ! Id did fix my brick p990 , but im having à problem with this ROM... I cant have a proper call... People on the other side are hearing nothing but a strange noise...

Is there something to fix that ? Thanks !

Kinimod01

Oct 27, 2011
Awesome ! Id did fix my brick p990 , but im having à problem with this ROM... I cant have a proper call... People on the other side are hearing nothing but a strange noise...

Is there something to fix that ? Thanks !

just go to Settings --> About Phone -->Cyanogenmod updates (update types incl nightlies) --> and install newest CM10.1

or find a CM 10 version somewhere.
This so called Call-bug is fixed in newer Cynaogenmod versions

(P.S.: I would also recommend you to flash this Kernerl (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2097788) (you probably need the old BL version). This certainly increases the overall performance and battery, ... but this part is not mandatory to fix your problem....)

leroy_coco

Nov 2, 2011
buenos aires
awesome

hi, let me know something, let just supose im running 2.2..
can i use this tool to easily skip to cm 10 and then have a phone rooted and running CWM?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What makes this tool?

With this tool, you can recover any full brick. Can also be used to solve the problems caused by changing the partition sizes or add / delete these, as it will create new partitions system bringing factory.

I've seen this in this forum, what are the differences?

The main advantage that don't exists in other tool, is that in this case is included factory misc and lgdrg partitions.

Many users who have flashed with nVFlash can see how the /lgdrm is almost empty, while originally came many more files.

These files can not be recovered even installing a full stock.

I also added CWM 6.0.1.5. as a recovery partition.

And the system partition and kernel?

Are also included of course. In this case it is the "CM10 nightly" of November 5, 2012.

Do I need to know more?

To use this tool, you must have installed drivers nVFlash, which of course are included.

Once installed, you only need to click on "flash.bat" and follow the instructions.

Anything missing?

Once complete, the device is ready for operation, but it is recommended to install the latest gapps for "CM10" that have not been included for the same reason they do not come in the CyanogenMod ROM.

Download link?

HERE

Credits

- NVidia for NvFlash tool.
    - CyanogenMod for the best great ROM ;)
    - Paul@modaco for giving first NVflash rom as base to use and learn.
    Nice work you are doing.
    Just wish you would stop putting your own name in credits all the time in every thread you start, it feels arrogant.

Maybe credit Paul@modaco for giving first NVflash rom as base to use and learn.
    I Wanted to resize data and internal, any tool:)

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app

You can resize those partitions with this tool ;)

Code:
    [partition]
    name=UDA
    id=16
    type=data
    allocation_policy=sequential
    filesystem_type=ext3
    size=1610612736
    file_system_attribute=0
    partition_attribute=0
    allocation_attribute=8
    percent_reserved=0

Change size of partition UDA (DATA) and the remaining space will be in the internal partition (UDB) without touching anything.
    Nice work you are doing.
    Just wish you would stop putting your own name in credits all the time in every thread you start, it feels arrogant.

Maybe credit Paul@modaco for giving first NVflash rom as base to use and learn.

Sorry harsh, I thought it right, if another user by copying and pasting decided to post it on another forum.
    Hi, may I know what is the difference of having a complete content of lgdram? :)

Not sure, but I think it brings different blob to work with DRM files.