need help bad

Search This thread

Negan

Recognized Themer/ Retired Forum Moderator
Did you try adb commands? I cant see how you could have wiped out your recovery?
If you just open a cmd window anywhere and type adb devices it shoukd pause and give you a kist of devices attached and show serial number of attached device

sent from my 1920 overclocked note 2 running jedi xp11

Reactions: elhefe420

elhefe420

Mar 2, 2013
no recovery i cant do anything really, what i did pretty much was wipe everything i could i went into the wipe section of twrp and i clicked every possible wipe option, sounds stupid i know but im new to android i came from every iphone thats been made to the note 2 i didnt thing what i was doind would be that bad i just assumed restoring the device to factory setting worst comes to worst was always an easy option like in the iphone, clearly i was wrong. haha

Negan

Recognized Themer/ Retired Forum Moderator
Oh I see. I missed that post. Ouch. Ok

Ok man you can get through this. Stay calm and follow twansky204 instructions. No need for two of us to be confusing the sh#t out of you. Ill sit back for now as the the method twansky204 is giving you will suffice.
My apologies for giving you the wrong info. I missed the part that you wiped your kernal.

sent from my 1920 overclocked note 2 running jedi xp11

elhefe420

Mar 2, 2013
Did you look here? It has Odin flashable stock root injected firmwares

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2004650

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Which rom would you recommend? I've read a lot of things about how roms are good and bad it all depends on the user.
I use this for business so i need something super reliable I don't use the s pen much, but do use lots of networking utilities, wifi, bluetooth, all that good stuff I also do a lot of browsing camera facebook, pandora, and multi tasking, and task launcher several times a day, plus if theres some good working voice control for one im riding my motorcycle that would be awesome too.... not sure if maybe you could recommend one based on what I just said, thanks again.

elhefe420

Mar 2, 2013
If u can get into recovery.. flash this file http://db.tt/RN3RhJRj
I cant find a odinable .tar

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

Or look on this thread......this thread is realy good
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1987541

buy get into recovery are you referring too when i hold down home and vol down and power and get the little green man? How do i flash the file from there? is this thru odin sorry totally and completely brand new to android

Android The Greek

Mar 7, 2012
New Castle
Which rom would you recommend? I've read a lot of things about how roms are good and bad it all depends on the user.
I use this for business so i need something super reliable I don't use the s pen much, but do use lots of networking utilities, wifi, bluetooth, all that good stuff I also do a lot of browsing camera facebook, pandora, and multi tasking, and task launcher several times a day, plus if theres some good working voice control for one im riding my motorcycle that would be awesome too.... not sure if maybe you could recommend one based on what I just said, thanks again.

Not for nothing but try running just stock rooted if you can for now. If you having trouble with this you may have a harder time with a custom rom.

Do you know hiw to use odin?

If yes it shouldn't be too difficult to download the i317xxxj2 tar file by googling att stock galaxy note 2 firmware. Then put it in odin pda... flash reboot to recovery factory reset.

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/

Here are all the stock odin firmware

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium

Last edited:

elhefe420

Mar 2, 2013
Not for nothing but try running just stock rooted if you can for now. If you having trouble with this you may have a harder time with a custom rom.

If yes it shouldn't be too difficult to download the i317xxxj2 tar file by googling att stock galaxy note 2 firmware. Then put it in odin pda... flash reboot to recovery factory reset.

ive been finding it very difficult to find this .tar file as a matter of fact if i google i317xxxj2, the only thing that shows is the post you just posted. haha

Last edited:

Kreateablaze

Jul 31, 2012
pottstown
buy get into recovery are you referring too when i hold down home and vol down and power and get the little green man? How do i flash the file from there? is this thru odin sorry totally and completely brand new to android

To get into recovery hold down power, home and volume up. And you should get into twrp. From there you can flash the rom you want with a zip file. Just transfer it from your computer to your sd card.

Android The Greek

Mar 7, 2012
New Castle
ive been finding it very difficult to find this .tar file as a matter of fact if i good i317xxxj2, the only thing that shows is the post you just posted. haha

See above.

The one ending in j2 is stock 4.1.1

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

Type in i317 the click on your countries firmware

Type in i317 the click on your countries firmware

twanskys204

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 5, 2012
winnipeg
No it volume up home and power.....I dont think its possible to wipe your recovery...just turn your phone off then do your three finger salute, , that sgould bring u into recovery... flash the kernel in .zip format u should be golden.

elhefe420

Mar 2, 2013
To get into recovery hold down power, home and volume up. And you should get into twrp. From there you can flash the rom you want with a zip file. Just transfer it from your computer to your sd card.

it does not get me into TWRP it just gets me to a screen that shows a phone a caution symbol and a computer and screen and it saya "firmware upgrade enountered an issue. please select recovery mode in kies and try again"

Android The Greek

Mar 7, 2012
New Castle
it does not get me into TWRP it just gets me to a screen that shows a phone a caution symbol and a computer and screen and it saya "firmware upgrade enountered an issue. please select recovery mode in kies and try again"

Thats where you need go go to use odin.

Volume down home and power. Then plug into computer and use odin

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ya k its your kernel.....find a stock kernel in .tar form from the link I posted flash that in pda slot in odin...then flash your stock firmware from sammobile.com you should be good
    Go to YouTube search how to unroot "your phone" and u should find a video tht will have a link for ur stock firmware u download it get odin open odin and flash back to normal then u can re root it and make sure u make a backup of ur rom b4 u install a rom
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Did you look here? It has Odin flashable stock root injected firmwares

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2004650