Active display

Search This thread

dannyella

Jan 23, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S9
I've been using this app. It's clean, minimalistic and most of all aesthetically pleasing compared to Active Notifications and Omni's implemetation IMO. In addition, it doesn't eat up much battery. It's still alpha and pretty much barebones at the moment but the developer is nice and he listens. He showed a preview of what's to come in future updates and it's awesome. Sign up at his G+ community page and give it a try.

Just wanted to share because I'm really loving my experience with it so far.
If this is a duplicate post, mods kindly close this thread..:good::good:

Kem-El

Apr 6, 2010
Not sure about the new features, but I've been using this app for almost a month and no adverse effects on the battery.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Aenima462

Aug 26, 2008
Edit: I misread the app discription. I see it only turns the screen on for a quick moment. Disregard the below

The problem with this app is that the Nexus 5 does not have an AMOLED screen. With an AMOLED screen, the only power used is the ones for the pixels in the notification. With the IPS LCD screen that the Nexus 5 has, even displaying a completely black screen (when the screen is on) WILL use the same amount of power as if the entire screen was lit up white. The backlight is ALWAYS on when the screen is on.

dannyella

Jan 23, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S9
Edit: I misread the app discription. I see it only turns the screen on for a quick moment. Disregard the below

The problem with this app is that the Nexus 5 does not have an AMOLED screen. With an AMOLED screen, the only power used is the ones for the pixels in the notification. With the IPS LCD screen that the Nexus 5 has, even displaying a completely black screen (when the screen is on) WILL use the same amount of power as if the entire screen was lit up white. The backlight is ALWAYS on when the screen is on.

The dev confirmed custom brightness in next update which should help minimize the already minimal battery consumption.. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: bblzd

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've been using this app. It's clean, minimalistic and most of all aesthetically pleasing compared to Active Notifications and Omni's implemetation IMO. In addition, it doesn't eat up much battery. It's still alpha and pretty much barebones at the moment but the developer is nice and he listens. He showed a preview of what's to come in future updates and it's awesome. Sign up at his G+ community page and give it a try.

Just wanted to share because I'm really loving my experience with it so far.
    If this is a duplicate post, mods kindly close this thread..:good::good:

The dev confirmed custom brightness in next update which should help minimize the already minimal battery consumption.. ;)