[UTILITY] Kindle Fire Unbrick Utility V1.1!

Search This thread

aly_hosny

Nov 3, 2011
Benha
Iam Stuck on logo
every time i try to use this tool it tell me "device not found"
I installed drivers that came with kindle fire utility v 0.9.2 and it cant install driver
Im new and dont know what to do

b63

Dec 8, 2011
Iam Stuck on logo
every time i try to use this tool it tell me "device not found"
I installed drivers that came with kindle fire utility v 0.9.2 and it cant install driver
Im new and dont know what to do

look for adb, kindle or unknown device in device manager and uninstall it
then click search new hardware and select the driver of kfu
it should install as android adb interface - then use the tool again

teobh

Jul 5, 2010
i try to unbrick my kindle and after finish my kindle noit work anymore can u tell me what is going on ????

* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *
error: device not found
This part might take a while...
erasing 'userdata'... OKAY [123.120s]
erasing 'cache'... OKAY [ 43.267s]
finished. total time: 166.388s
Your Kindle should now be rebooting!

Zombiepiratez

Nov 3, 2011
i try to unbrick my kindle and after finish my kindle noit work anymore can u tell me what is going on ????

* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *
This part might take a while...
erasing 'userdata'... OKAY [123.120s]
erasing 'cache'... OKAY [ 43.267s]
finished. total time: 166.388s
Your Kindle should now be rebooting!

You need to re-install the drivers as it is at the logo.
Also, you might want to try using Kindle Fire Utility to set your bootmode to 5000 (Recovery)

Sent from my MB525 using XDA App

Last edited:

Zombiepiratez

Nov 3, 2011
yes i did have the twrp installed and the kindle was stock on recovery loop so i try to fix using the utility i did press to fix the loop and did not work so i press to others and thats what happening

Use Kindle Fire utility to change the bootmode to recovery and flash a ROM.

scottdot2008

Feb 21, 2010
Hi, I unfortunatly believe I have bricked my fire and am unable to use this tool to fix it, as it seems. I hope I'm just doing something wrong, but it's also possible that it is just gone for good. Here is the problem:

Kindle fire is stuck on the "Kindle Fire" loading screen, or whatever it is. I have tried multiple solutions, but none work because I believe that the device is unable to be connected to. I do not know where things went wrong, but when things did die, I was in the midst of flashing twrp using the utility.

I have skills with the command line, and have attempted to use every option this tool has, along with changing the boot mode. Is there anything else I would be able to do?

EDIT: on the strange chance that I was doing this, my dog decided to chew the cable moments before the flash went through, and since the kindle cable is so long I didn't notice. Everything is fine, I just didn't realize that i was using half a cable.

Last edited:

Zombiepiratez

Nov 3, 2011
Hi, I unfortunatly believe I have bricked my fire and am unable to use this tool to fix it, as it seems. I hope I'm just doing something wrong, but it's also possible that it is just gone for good. Here is the problem:

Kindle fire is stuck on the "Kindle Fire" loading screen, or whatever it is. I have tried multiple solutions, but none work because I believe that the device is unable to be connected to. I do not know where things went wrong, but when things did die, I was in the midst of flashing twrp using the utility.

I have skills with the command line, and have attempted to use every option this tool has, along with changing the boot mode. Is there anything else I would be able to do?

EDIT: on the strange chance that I was doing this, my dog decided to chew the cable moments before the flash went through, and since the kindle cable is so long I didn't notice. Everything is fine, I just didn't realize that i was using half a cable.

Are you sure you have the drivers installed correctly?

Also, do you have any other cables?

phatboypat

Mar 3, 2011
Nor Cal
I am also having problems with my device not being recognized by the tool. I have tried uninstalling/installing the drivers, but it keeps saying i have up to date drivers.

I am stuck on the KF boot logo.

EDIT: I have managed to re-install the drivers, but the tool is still not recognizing the device. My computer does shows it as "Kindle" in Device Manager.

EDIT 2: Was able to get it to boot by doing the following:

fastboot -i 0x1949 oem idme bootmode 4000
fastboot -i 0x1949 reboot

Last edited:

Zombiepiratez

Nov 3, 2011
I am also having problems with my device not being recognized by the tool. I have tried uninstalling/installing the drivers, but it keeps saying i have up to date drivers.

I am stuck on the KF boot logo.

EDIT: I have managed to re-install the drivers, but the tool is still not recognizing the device. My computer does shows it as "Kindle" in Device Manager.

EDIT 2: Was able to get it to boot by doing the following:

fastboot -i 0x1949 oem idme bootmode 4000
fastboot -i 0x1949 reboot

I'm not sure why it wouldn't recognize your device... If you had the correct drivers installed, it should recognize your kindle
Sent from my MB526 using XDA App

teejayenator

Oct 1, 2008
Chennai, India
Bootloop and screen wont turn on

Guys, i formatted the partitions into a single partition on my KF. Now its stuck in a bootloop, and the screen wont even turn on. The KFU and the unbrick utility are of no use. ADB wont get detected. Tried hard reset, tried to normal boot through KFU but no hope.

Please please please help me. This is a brand new KF.

acax456

Feb 4, 2011
Hồ Chí Minh
I re-partition my kindle and i unlugged when the screen in pc has stopped working i have wiped everything and i'm turn it on... it just appear black screen with little light
Now I just can go to twrp and flash cm7 rom again... it report

E: failed to mount /cache (No such file or directory?
E: can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E: can't open /cache/recovery/log
E: failed to mount /cache (No such file or directory
E: can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E: can't open /cache/recovery/last_log

What should i do now :( i have try many way... but no thing happened... please help me :(

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium

Last edited:

Zombiepiratez

Nov 3, 2011
I re-partition my kindle and i unlugged when the screen in pc has stopped working i have wiped everything and i'm turn it on... it just appear black screen with little light
Now I just can go to twrp and flash cm7 rom again... it report

E: failed to mount /cache (No such file or directory?
E: can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E: can't open /cache/recovery/log
E: failed to mount /cache (No such file or directory
E: can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E: can't open /cache/recovery/last_log

What should i do now :( i have try many way... but no thing happened... please help me :(

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium

Try a hard reset

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Kindle Fire Unbrick Utility is the all-in-one Kindle Fire unbricker. All it does is execute what would be done in the command prompt, but it does it for you.
    Screenshots-

DZxsF.png

BkQVO.png

Changelog -

1.1 - Added "Flash Amazon Update" button

1.0 - New UI design, some bugfixes

Also, I now have a donate button, if you're feeling generous :)

Like it? Download it HERE

If you like this, don't forget to thank me!

DISCLAIMER:By downloading this file you agree that I (ZombiePiratez) am not liable in any way, shape or form for any damage done to your device(s). This tool is made, for use with the Kindle Fire only. it is not recommended for use with any other devices. Use it at your own risk. Please know that this is un-tested, so if it works for you, please notify me what you chose and what was wrong with your device.

Thanks to Vashypooh for allowing me to use some of his code as a model for mine
    Your download link is bad,

and this looks very, very similar to what I made...
    To all people having driver problems:

1. Install the Android SDK
    2. Restart your computer
    3. Open Device Manager
    4.Find your kindle, and click "Uninstall Drivers"
    5. Find it again, and then install drivers as "ADB Composite"
    6. Use Kindle Fire Unbrick Utility to fix it
    7. ???
    8. Profit!
    This looks great. Personally, I wouldn't need this, but I know that there are a lot of people out there who don't have much experience with a command line.
    I dont even know where to get the files... or guides on how to do this by hand.

XDA's layout isnt helpful as I have an hard time finding anything on this website, and this website appears to be the ONLY SOURCE of information on this matter,
    I haven't looked into this for a while, but there are working links here, I think.
    and
    https://devdb.xda-developers.com/4/9/2/7/