[Guide][WIP] Dopo TD-1010 hacking

Search This thread

ase1590

Jan 28, 2013
Moto G Power
Since there is a terrible lack of information on this RockChip tablet, I've decided to compile what is known about this tablet into one thread. I'll modify this as more info becomes available to me.

Double Power TD-1010 10.1" Tablet

Tablet architecture: this tablet is a Rockchip RK3066 based tablet.

Rooting the TD-1010: The method that I have tried and successfully rooted my tablet involves using the drivers from PDAnet and AndroidRoot. A tutorial exists on YouTube for this. Having that out of the way, we can begin on more technical information.

Backing up the ROM: As the tablet is a rockchip device, you can use the RkFlashTool for linux here in order to copy/write to the tablet. I've modified the source of RkFlashTool in order to detect the tablet, and attached it below.

1.compile it using the included instructions, and throw it in your /usr/bin folder.
2.To put the tablet into flash mode, hold the VOL+ button while plugging in the usb cable to the tablet.
3.Wait 2-3 seconds before letting go of the Vol+ button after plugging it in. your screen should be black at this point.
4.You are now in flash mode, and can be detected by the rkflashtool.
5.Download the Linux tools.7z, and run MAKE on the tools dir.
6.Copy the resulting mkkrnlimg executable to your /usr/bin directory.
7.make sure the simpledump has permissions to execute, and run
Code:
./simpledump.sh
8.Make sure your tablet is in flash mode, then hit enter to begin.

Recovery/Unbricking:
Dillmiester at TabletRepublic has made a stock backup of the TD-1010 after it returned from RMA, and can be located Here. Note, remove the external SD card, and you may have to retry the flashing of system.img multiple times if it fails.NOTE 2: THIS UPGRADES YOUR TABLET TO JELLYBEAN, AND GIVES YOU 1.8 GB of APP SPACE.

Flashing: ROMS, such as the stock one linked above, can be flashed using Windows 7 and the RKAndroidTool I have attached to this post. This includes the drivers for using the program as well. The tablet will need to be in Flash mode in order for the program to write to it.

Booting into recovery:Yes, this tablet does have a recovery. to get to it:
  1. hold power and vol+ at the same time
  2. screen should boot to android character with a red ! sign over his body
  3. press vol+ and Back(the normal touchscreen location for it)
  4. If done at the same time, you should be at the recovery menu.

Attachments

• RKandroidTool.7z
    283.3 KB · Views: 958
Last edited:

dtppcman

Mar 9, 2013
DOPO td-1010 romdump procedure

you can root and flash existing ROMS on windows, but you cannot dump your own tablet on windows.

Just an FYI for those interested. I've found a working romdump procedure for this tab, that's independent of any OS. Unfortunately, I can't post the link, but would be more than happy to supply it some other way. I can confirm it works and is safe. It's on vondroid.com for those interested. The rest of the link is /threads/updated-27-08-2012-how-to-dump-current-rom.322/ hope it helps those using windows.

Just for clarification purposes. 'The extracted file is what you need to copy to your SD, not the zip. And when you change the permissions all you need to do is add execute to the user. Oh, and in term emulator after su you need to enter /data/local/romdump and NOT just /data/romdump because it won't work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Postal Psycho

mejussme

Aug 9, 2010
Since there is a terrible lack of information on this RockChip tablet, I've decided to compile what is known about this tablet into one thread. I'll modify this as more info becomes available to me.

Rooting the TD-1010: The method that I have tried and successfully rooted my tablet involves using the drivers from PDAnet and AndroidRoot. A tutorial exists on YouTube for this. Having that out of the way, we can begin on more technical information.

Backing up the ROM: As the tablet is a rockchip device, you can use the RkFlashTool for linux here in order to copy/write to the tablet. I've modified the source of RkFlashTool in order to detect the tablet, and attached it below.

1.compile it using the included instructions, and throw it in your /usr/bin folder.
2.To put the tablet into flash mode, hold the VOL+ button while plugging in the usb cable to the tablet.
3.Wait 2-3 seconds before letting go of the Vol+ button after plugging it in. your screen should be black at this point.
Code:
./simpledump.sh

Recovery/Unbricking:
Dillmiester at TabletRepublic has made a stock backup of the TD-1010 after it returned from RMA, and can be located Here. Note, remove the external SD card, and you may have to retry the flashing of system.img multiple times if it fails.NOTE 2: THIS UPGRADES YOUR TABLET TO JELLYBEAN, AND GIVES YOU 1.8 GB of APP SPACE.

Flashing: ROMS, such as the stock one linked above, can be flashed using Windows 7 and the RKAndroidTool I have attached to this post. This includes the drivers for using the program as well. The tablet will need to be in Flash mode in order for the program to write to it.

Thank you sooooo much for the work you have compiled into one location. Is there any way that you could provide a detailed description for Windows PC's for loading the ROM that increases the App storage file size to 2GB and also how to load CWM as the permanent recovery? I just received my tablet back from DOPO and it is loaded with Android 4.1.1 firmware and 1GB of app storage space. The original root process (android root unlocker) does not work anymore. I ended up using (root rk29) to obtain root access (just in case anyone needs the info). Thank you in advance for your support with this tablet, it is greatly appreciated.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:
    ./simpledump.sh

Recovery/Unbricking:

you can root and flash existing ROMS on windows, but you cannot dump your own tablet on windows.
    DOPO td-1010 romdump procedure

Just an FYI for those interested. I've found a working romdump procedure for this tab, that's independent of any OS. Unfortunately, I can't post the link, but would be more than happy to supply it some other way. I can confirm it works and is safe. It's on vondroid.com for those interested. The rest of the link is /threads/updated-27-08-2012-how-to-dump-current-rom.322/ hope it helps those using windows.

Just for clarification purposes. 'The extracted file is what you need to copy to your SD, not the zip. And when you change the permissions all you need to do is add execute to the user. Oh, and in term emulator after su you need to enter /data/local/romdump and NOT just /data/romdump because it won't work.