Frustrated with this service.

Search This thread

Jaskwith

Nov 15, 2010
Minneapolis,MN
www.facebook.com
EDIT: What is posted after the break is an opinion I have. It may contain graphic adjectives in reference to Sprint/Verizon/TMO's services...I don't mean to offend anyone, I am merely hoping to get opinions similar to mine, so that I can maybe learn from those experiences and make a well informed decision that will have to suffice for my next 2 year contract.

UGH!!! So frustrated. I had TMO, they don't get **** out here in Dothan, AL. I switched to sprint with the hopes of a fast unlimited data network I would be able to tether too, it has not been the case. It has been pretty lackluster, and now I have gotten the EVO 3D and it seems even worse!!!! I think I am going to return it and go to verizon at this point. It really sucks, because I HATE VZW. There phones BLOW! and they are ridiculously expensive, but what option do I have. Between Sprint's busted ass 3g network and TMO's lack of service out here, there isn't much for me to do....LAME!

Last edited:

nate420

Feb 19, 2011
eau claire,wisconsin
Hello troll.

For your information I can't get an ISP. I am on a military installation. So people like you can sit at home, stuff your fat face, and troll forums.

Yeah don't listen to him.
Id say do what is best for you..

I also came from tmo with speeds in the 1mbps range
And now I'm on sprint with 200kbps its gay but its cheap.. and its unlimited... No throttling... No tiered data package.. all i need is 4G in my town and ill be happy

sent from my beasto 3d

novanosis85

Jul 9, 2010
Chicago
Hello troll.

For your information I can't get an ISP. I am on a military installation. So people like you can sit at home, stuff your fat face, and troll forums.

"im at a military installation, look at me!"

I could care less and less about where you are. What military has no decent internet access?? LOL

Jaskwith

Nov 15, 2010
Minneapolis,MN
www.facebook.com
Yeah don't listen to him.
Id say do what is best for you..

I also came from tmo with speeds in the 1mbps range
And now I'm on sprint with 200kbps its gay but its cheap.. and its unlimited... No throttling... No tiered data package.. all i need is 4G in my town and ill be happy

sent from my beasto 3d

This is where I am torn... I was optimistic about Sprint getting better...like if they set up more towers or something..but from what I have been hearing(on this forum)...Sprint has a very outdated 3G network that is only getting worse..sO I was thinking maybe go with verizon if Sprint is only going to get worse...? I was hoping to get some input and luckily I got some from you, thank you. Maybe mroe people have something to say on the subject..

iceman1251

Jun 1, 2010
UGH!!! So frustrated. I had TMO, they don't get **** out here in Dothan, AL. I switched to sprint with the hopes of a fast unlimited data network I would be able to tether too, it has not been the case. It has been pretty lackluster, and now I have gotten the EVO 3D and it seems even worse!!!! I think I am going to return it and go to verizon at this point. It really sucks, because I HATE VZW. There phones BLOW! and they are ridiculously expensive, but what option do I have. Between Sprint's busted ass 3g network and TMO's lack of service out here, there isn't much for me to do....LAME!
I also switched from tmobile. Sprints 3g in my area sucks too but thankfully theres 4g here. If I were you I would just switch to vzw if thats the only good option for you.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

nate420

Feb 19, 2011
eau claire,wisconsin
"im at a military installation, look at me!"

I could care less and less about where you are. What military has no decent internet access?? LOL

I know for a fact some do.. because my uncle is a staff sergeant in the marines... But it is not for recruits to use for personal stuff...

A little less trolling, a little more scrolling
If you don't have anything positive to say just keep trolling elsewhere .

sent from my beasto 3d

nate420

Feb 19, 2011
eau claire,wisconsin

And if your switching to Verizon do it before 7/7/11 because they are going to tier there data package like at&t

$30 for 2GB
$50 for 5GB
$80 for 10GB

So hurry and decide! Lol

sent from my beasto 3d

novanosis85

Jul 9, 2010
Chicago
I know for a fact some do.. because my uncle is a staff sergeant in the marines... But it is not for recruits to use for personal stuff...

A little less trolling, a little more scrolling
If you don't have anything positive to say just keep trolling elsewhere .

sent from my beasto 3d

He has nothing positive to say about sprint service. What does he want? For me to put on my hard hat and truck roll to the towers and fix his problem?

We get it, you have crappy service. Switch companies.

nate420

Feb 19, 2011
eau claire,wisconsin
He has nothing positive to say about sprint service. What does he want? For me to put on my hard hat and truck roll to the towers and fix his problem?

He wants peoples opinions that have Sprint and kinda know what to expect..

I hardly think he wants you personally to throw up new towers in his area. But since you brought it up.. mind turning on the 4G in my area? Kthxbye

sent from my beasto 3d

Reactions: Jaskwith

ktrotter11

Sep 13, 2009
Houston
Sprint is in network remodeling.. if you can't wait it out then do what you have to do guy

Bussin Caps from my 3D shooter

billyapd21

Nov 28, 2007
I agree. I don't know what's up with Sprint's data speeds lately but they are awful! Hopefully a fix is in the works.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Jaskwith

Nov 15, 2010
Minneapolis,MN
www.facebook.com
Thank you for the input it is actually helping me. I am going to be deciding tomorrow. Yea fort rucker really doesn't have **** for internet...unless like dude said you are a e5 and have housing then maybe you can get in on it. But yea I dunno I been resetting my activation with my msl because some people said that works but it didn't do anything but I just did it again and it seems to he working better... So now I am even more torn... Does anyone know for sure what the plans of sprints remodeling is?

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

ckoadiyn

Jan 23, 2010
There are isp that require a wireless modem I don't remember what it was but I saw them everywhere when I was in

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

NoSoMo

Sep 26, 2009
Treasure Island, FL
I am on a military installation. So people like you can sit at home, stuff your fat face, and troll forums.

Didn't realize just being on a 'military installation' in dothan, AL was what kept us safe??

Are you even part of a fighting force? I have a lot of military buddies, and customers for that matter, and I typically find it that those who do the most, talk about it the least. The many I know certainly wouldn't engage someone in a forum taking credit for keeping the US safe while sitting near Fort Rucker. :rolleyes: You certainly receive no respect from me.

Jaskwith

Nov 15, 2010
Minneapolis,MN
www.facebook.com
Didn't realize just being on a 'military installation' in dothan, AL was what kept us safe??

Are you even part of a fighting force? I have a lot of military buddies, and customers for that matter, and I typically find it that those who do the most, talk about it the least. The many I know certainly wouldn't engage someone in a forum taking credit for keeping the US safe while sitting near Fort Rucker. :rolleyes: You certainly receive no respect from me.

Certainly not asking for respect. To be honest, your opinion is one that I would have had prior to entering the service, but to continue with my honesty...I haven't been a part of the fighting force yet..but I know that I will be at some point(likely multiple) in my 6 year military career. I guess some people just don't understand the amount of freedom soldiers sacrifice to train, so that when they ARE called on they CAN fight for this great nation. I am not trying to make this a political forum...I found his assumption of me being someone who is too lazy to get an ISP illconceived....I am simply asking for peoples opinions because I know that I have a very static thought process when it comes to cellphone companies. I also find it irrelevant for people who work at Sprint to chime in and get offended for whatever reason. I will edit my post, so that it does not offend your demographic.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

He wants peoples opinions that have Sprint and kinda know what to expect..

I hardly think he wants you personally to throw up new towers in his area. But since you brought it up.. mind turning on the 4G in my area? Kthxbye

sent from my beasto 3d
    I agree. I don't know what's up with Sprint's data speeds lately but they are awful! Hopefully a fix is in the works.

Sprint network vision... Google it... Explains there plans for Tue near future

My advice:

Service has to be number 1. If you don't get service where you live then what is the point? If VZW has coverage where you live and nobody else does then you should probably switch to VZW. Just don't get an iPhone... :D
    In Dothan proper I get 3G. But Ft Rucker is out west a good bit out of Dothan. With Verizon you'll get pretty solid 3G coverage out towards Enterprise. I normally get about 1.5mbps down with Verizon 3G in and around the area. I get about 5-9mbps when I can get on T-mobile's 3G aka 4G.