[ROM] TeamRejectz FF18 De-Odexed | Touched by a SGSIII v2.2 7/16 Fixed (Hotspot Hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

scarmon25

Feb 18, 2011
Knoxville, TN

Image made by Lorjay589.
Inspired by Shadow_God.
Thanks to everyone. I love this pic.

Many thanks to all that helped me learn along the way

Announcement:

I will update the OP with this info shortly.

For the next few weeks my fellow team member Timmetal who is totally awesome by the way. Is going to take over this ROM. I will be in here and the other threads answering questions and helping as I always do but won't be doing any actual work on this.

Pretty much I have four weeks left on unemployment. I don't know if I will get an extension or not so I am redoing resumes and finding at least five good jobs a day to apply for instead of two. Doesn't sound like much but believe me. Between personality test and all the other crap its about 1-2 hours per job app. So it takes up some time. As soon as I get things squared away I plan on resuming this and also starting another project that I have had in mind called Super Clean Touchwiz. Pretty much its a super clean UI with some modifications that make it run and look soon much better. But anyway. Please give the guy the same love you have shown me as I'm sure you will.

I am not responsible for your phone not booting, damage to your device in any shape fashion or form. Follow my outlined directions and you should have no issue whatsoever.

This is my first ROM that I am publicly releasing. I have been making my own personal build for a while but never thought they were worth releasing. I figured I would share this one.
This is a stock, mildly de-bloated stock FF09 ROM that has been themed to include a look of the GS3 and Stock ICS.

There are a lot of people I would like to thank for help I have received but honestly this page would go on forever if I typed them all out. You know who you are. Thanks especially to my testers that help me when I am unable to flash a build. I helps me so much more then you may realize.

This ROM includes Mods from the following locations and Devs. If you have a minute. Please let them know how much we appreciate them by slapping their thanks button :)

Base ROM is the De-Odexed FF18 Build from Datajosh
Agats FF18 Kernel
Inspired by SALMAN ROM. Seriously awesome work by android_isda_****
Launcher from Galaxy S 3, Mod found here
SVoice Hack found here:
Themed MMS to mimic the SkyRocket MMS
Mildy debloated. Some apks left as not to effect functionality
Icons have been themed with the icons from the Galaxy S3
Used Icons from here
Used some icons from Tiffs ICS theme
SGS 3 Music Player can be found here
Dialer done by Avataroffrost

Note from Agat about his kernel.

Agat has informed me that after several users tested on his kernel. Him and Sfhub believe the EMMC bug MAY have been fixed. They had several testers wipe data and do several operations while on various ROMs and none of them bricked.

What does this mean to you? This means that if you so choose to, you may be able to resume flashing as we used too all that time ago before the EMMC bug was brought to light. Now I can't confirm or dispute this as I do not have a way to get another phone so I cannot chance it. But based on what I have heard so far. Many others are getting the same results.

If you have any further questions about this. Hit Agat up in his thread. It should be linked above somewhere and I am sure he will be able to go into more detail on it. Everyone please be careful.

Huge Thanks to all my Testers that helped me along the way.

joker2wild
shadow_god
guirae
downtrodin

Guide:
Download ROM from link below and place on your SD Card.
I personally recommend Odining stock EL29 before flashing.
Flash the EL26 Stock Repack Kernel (Linked Below as well if needed)
Boot to recovery and wipe data, system, and cache or use Calkulin’s Format all script.
Flash ROM, wait forever, reboot and profit.
Note: I did notice this ROM does seem to take a while to flash. So be patient.

I am open to all ideas and suggestions. Keep in mind I am not a Dev by any means. This is a project that I am going to keep working on. I would have done it as a theme only but I plan to make plenty of changes along the way.

Links.
ROM
Download Touched by a SGSIII v2.2 Here

Download Touched by a SGSIII v2.0 Here!

Add Ons.

Apks have to be pushed to system/app for now. I will make flashable zips later.

SGS 3 MMS

SGS 3 Music Player

EL26 Blue CWM Kernel can be got from the Repository located here

WiFi Tether for Root Users

Update 7/15
Removed Extended Toggles
Removed Placebo Tweaks
Both done to prevent issues present in 2.1

Update 7/13
Added in Phaker Tweaks
Added in Hotspot Hack
Removed TW Calendar widget, if for some reason I left it in there don't use it.
Misc tweaks.

Update: 7/4
Added Dialer by AvatarofFrost
Added SSugest
Added Flipbook
Added TW Calendar widget
Added Music Player themed for SGS3
Removed KOB Tweaks so users can choose which pack they like. Use the Standard TW FF18 KOB Pack
More I cant think of. There may be some issue. If so Please let me know.

Update: 6/24
Updated to FF18

Update: 6/13
Fixed missing MMS
Added back Exchange Apks
Updated to FF11 base
Updated to Agats 0.2.0 FF11 Kernel

Update: 6/9/2012
Finished out UI for the most part
Removed some widgets that was causing some problems
Added a few APKs from base ROM I am working with.
Mostly a stability update to help those that are having issues with 1.4

Update: 6/6/2012
Updated to FF02
Added Agats FF02 Repack Kernel
Thinned down some of the rom

Update: 5/28/2012
Fixed the Calendar Widget
Adjusted themeing some
Updated to latest hacked Launcher

Update: 5/27/2012
Added in Kobridge Tweaks.(Many Thanks to Kobridge!!!)
Added in Agats FE22 Plus Kernel (Many Thanks to Agat, Kernel runs great!!!)
Added in SGS III Live Wallpapers
Themed Statusbar Dropdown
Themed Settings Menu
Added HotSpot Hack (Thanks Calkulin and Team!!!!!)

Update: v1.1
Added in Svoice and all appropriate files. I tested this and everything seemed to work fine for me.
Oped a bunch of apps with it. It's actually pretty cool.
Added Stock Email and Exchange back. Sorry for those who needed it.
Themed some more of the build. Darkened the background for the notification buttons.
Themed the power widget
Themed the email apks

Please Check out my Team's other work. Between us you should be able to find something you really like if this ROM isn't your thing

SuperNova

StarPower

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-06-09-03-28-15.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-06-09-03-28-15.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 16,912
  • Screenshot_2012-06-09-03-28-20.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-06-09-03-28-20.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 16,630
  • Screenshot_2012-06-09-03-28-02.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-06-09-03-28-02.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 15,658
  • Screenshot_2012-06-09-03-28-10.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-06-09-03-28-10.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 14,842
Last edited:
S

S0ckM0nk3y

Good Job on it scarmon25 keep it up man don't let anyone stop you

jeremiah.rs

Sep 12, 2007
Looks great man, I'm going to try this now!

If you can, can you change the background on the Messaging app to black instead of white? In your screenshots, it looks white and I think black would be better suited for our phone, plus it saves battery!

Reactions: Ind3lible

scarmon25

Feb 18, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Looks great man, I'm going to try this now!

If you can, can you change the background on the Messaging app to black instead of white? In your screenshots, it looks white and I think black would be better suited for our phone, plus it saves battery!

I personally like the white. But I can make one that has a black background as a add on if that would be fine.

jeremiah.rs

Sep 12, 2007
I'm sure that'll work.

How come you chose not to include the stock email app? I use exchange with my uni. account so I kinda need it in a rom haha.

Anyway, everything else looks awesome man! I really like how everything works on here, hell if I end up having enough free time maybe I should start doing this too lol.

Reactions: scarmon25

scarmon25

Feb 18, 2011
Knoxville, TN
I'm sure that'll work.

How come you chose not to include the stock email app? I use exchange with my uni. account so I kinda need it in a rom haha.

Anyway, everything else looks awesome man! I really like how everything works on here, hell if I end up having enough free time maybe I should start doing this too lol.

Honestly. I didn't even think about that. What I will do. Tonight or tomorrow I will make a full ROM version for those that would like the stock apps. You can always remove the ones you don't want. And also do a stock messaging app with the black background and those bubbles and icons.

Thanks for the feedback.

Reactions: deddy777

agat63

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 14, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Nice work buddy.
If you want any help with themeing status bar and/or getting transparent pull down let me know.
I might be able to help you.
Congrats to you first official release.

Reactions: tykalx

scarmon25

Feb 18, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Will have an update out in a few. Have been working on it for a while. One last flash to test it then I will upload. Here is the changes. I will add them to the OP once it's done.

Added in Svoice and all appropriate files. I tested this and everything seemed to work fine for me.

Themed some more of the build. Darkened the background for the notification buttons.
Themed the power widget
Themed the email apks

Added a Stock MMS Mod. This is the stock Mms themed with just the icons and bubbles.
So it has the darker background. I will do a solid black one but this will do for now.

Request. If you notice when you long press on the home screen it gives you some options for
homescreen or lockscreen. When you select those there are a few empty slots. Reason being that
the launcher needs the gallery from the SGSIII. I have a full System/app dump from the SGSIII
but adding in the apk isn't enough. Anyone that may have some insight into this please feel
free to throw out ideas. Once I get that app to work then I can move onto other things from the
SGSIII.

Enjoy and thanks for the nice responses.

scarmon25

Feb 18, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Nice work buddy.
If you want any help with themeing status bar and/or getting transparent pull down let me know.
I might be able to help you.
Congrats to you first official release.

Wouldn't let me thank you from the portal. Phone is flashing so I can't thank you from tapatalk. Just wanted to say thanks man. I really appreciate all the compliments. I wanted to do something for this community for a while. Just couldn't find a project that I could really get into. This one has peaked my interest. So there will be plenty to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Image made by Lorjay589.
    Inspired by Shadow_God.
    Thanks to everyone. I love this pic.

Many thanks to all that helped me learn along the way

Announcement:

I will update the OP with this info shortly.

For the next few weeks my fellow team member Timmetal who is totally awesome by the way. Is going to take over this ROM. I will be in here and the other threads answering questions and helping as I always do but won't be doing any actual work on this.

Pretty much I have four weeks left on unemployment. I don't know if I will get an extension or not so I am redoing resumes and finding at least five good jobs a day to apply for instead of two. Doesn't sound like much but believe me. Between personality test and all the other crap its about 1-2 hours per job app. So it takes up some time. As soon as I get things squared away I plan on resuming this and also starting another project that I have had in mind called Super Clean Touchwiz. Pretty much its a super clean UI with some modifications that make it run and look soon much better. But anyway. Please give the guy the same love you have shown me as I'm sure you will.

I am not responsible for your phone not booting, damage to your device in any shape fashion or form. Follow my outlined directions and you should have no issue whatsoever.

This is my first ROM that I am publicly releasing. I have been making my own personal build for a while but never thought they were worth releasing. I figured I would share this one.
    This is a stock, mildly de-bloated stock FF09 ROM that has been themed to include a look of the GS3 and Stock ICS.

There are a lot of people I would like to thank for help I have received but honestly this page would go on forever if I typed them all out. You know who you are. Thanks especially to my testers that help me when I am unable to flash a build. I helps me so much more then you may realize.

This ROM includes Mods from the following locations and Devs. If you have a minute. Please let them know how much we appreciate them by slapping their thanks button :)

Base ROM is the De-Odexed FF18 Build from Datajosh
    Agats FF18 Kernel
    Inspired by SALMAN ROM. Seriously awesome work by android_isda_****
    Launcher from Galaxy S 3, Mod found here
    SVoice Hack found here:
    Themed MMS to mimic the SkyRocket MMS
    Mildy debloated. Some apks left as not to effect functionality
    Icons have been themed with the icons from the Galaxy S3
    Used Icons from here
    Used some icons from Tiffs ICS theme
    SGS 3 Music Player can be found here
    Dialer done by Avataroffrost

Note from Agat about his kernel.

Agat has informed me that after several users tested on his kernel. Him and Sfhub believe the EMMC bug MAY have been fixed. They had several testers wipe data and do several operations while on various ROMs and none of them bricked.

What does this mean to you? This means that if you so choose to, you may be able to resume flashing as we used too all that time ago before the EMMC bug was brought to light. Now I can't confirm or dispute this as I do not have a way to get another phone so I cannot chance it. But based on what I have heard so far. Many others are getting the same results.

If you have any further questions about this. Hit Agat up in his thread. It should be linked above somewhere and I am sure he will be able to go into more detail on it. Everyone please be careful.

Huge Thanks to all my Testers that helped me along the way.

joker2wild
    shadow_god
    guirae
    downtrodin

Guide:
    Download ROM from link below and place on your SD Card.
    I personally recommend Odining stock EL29 before flashing.
    Flash the EL26 Stock Repack Kernel (Linked Below as well if needed)
    Boot to recovery and wipe data, system, and cache or use Calkulin’s Format all script.
    Flash ROM, wait forever, reboot and profit.
    Note: I did notice this ROM does seem to take a while to flash. So be patient.

I am open to all ideas and suggestions. Keep in mind I am not a Dev by any means. This is a project that I am going to keep working on. I would have done it as a theme only but I plan to make plenty of changes along the way.

Links.
    ROM
    Download Touched by a SGSIII v2.2 Here

Download Touched by a SGSIII v2.0 Here!

Add Ons.

Apks have to be pushed to system/app for now. I will make flashable zips later.

SGS 3 MMS

SGS 3 Music Player

EL26 Blue CWM Kernel can be got from the Repository located here

WiFi Tether for Root Users

Update 7/15
    Removed Extended Toggles
    Removed Placebo Tweaks
    Both done to prevent issues present in 2.1

Update 7/13
    Added in Phaker Tweaks
    Added in Hotspot Hack
    Removed TW Calendar widget, if for some reason I left it in there don't use it.
    Misc tweaks.

Update: 7/4
    Added Dialer by AvatarofFrost
    Added SSugest
    Added Flipbook
    Added TW Calendar widget
    Added Music Player themed for SGS3
    Removed KOB Tweaks so users can choose which pack they like. Use the Standard TW FF18 KOB Pack
    More I cant think of. There may be some issue. If so Please let me know.

Update: 6/24
    Updated to FF18

Update: 6/13
    Fixed missing MMS
    Added back Exchange Apks
    Updated to FF11 base
    Updated to Agats 0.2.0 FF11 Kernel

Update: 6/9/2012
    Finished out UI for the most part
    Removed some widgets that was causing some problems
    Added a few APKs from base ROM I am working with.
    Mostly a stability update to help those that are having issues with 1.4

Update: 6/6/2012
    Updated to FF02
    Added Agats FF02 Repack Kernel
    Thinned down some of the rom

Update: 5/28/2012
    Fixed the Calendar Widget
    Adjusted themeing some
    Updated to latest hacked Launcher

Update: 5/27/2012
    Added in Kobridge Tweaks.(Many Thanks to Kobridge!!!)
    Added in Agats FE22 Plus Kernel (Many Thanks to Agat, Kernel runs great!!!)
    Added in SGS III Live Wallpapers
    Themed Statusbar Dropdown
    Themed Settings Menu
    Added HotSpot Hack (Thanks Calkulin and Team!!!!!)

Themed the power widget
    Themed the email apks

Please Check out my Team's other work. Between us you should be able to find something you really like if this ROM isn't your thing

SuperNova

StarPower
    Hey all, wanted to give you guys a little bit of an update. I got my odexed base done and working. I have been working this week thanks to some people needing PC Repair and Networking jobs done. Being unemployed, that's a blessing. I haven't been able to devote a lot of time to this project the past few days due to that. Things are almost done and that means I will be able to put some more time into it. Really I just have to odex the launcher and a few mods and incorporate them into the ROM. I want it out as soon as possible but I also want this build to be smooth. My goal for this release is not a lot of additions but mainly removing problem pieces and really making a nice smooth running base. I want to start incorporating more and more of the SGS3 but I don't want to bring more mods onto an already problematic build. ,I want good battery, and smoothness. There is also a new kernel that might get to make it in the build if it's released in time 'Shhhhhhhhhh :)" I appreciate the people in this thread that enjoy this build and their patience. I also may be starting a new project in the near future. Have a few ideas floating around.
    That was pretty funny actually. Thanks for the link but I wanted those in the ROM already. No big deal about flashing a couple more files but it would have been just that much easier. :p

I get wanting some more features man. And scar is great and very helpful, and is always looking for input on how to make this rom better. But to be fair, you could have been far more tactful about the way you phrased that when you came in here, which is why you hit some grain. You could have said "these are the issues I am having..." and not had the sarcastic tone about the battery life. When asking for features, you could have said "some things I would love to see are...".

Respect your devs, who do this in their free time, for free, for you, and you will be respected. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk here. I just thought I'd point it out.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app
    OP Updated. Corrected alot of info and re wrote parts of it. The New build wont have the bugs the test build did. The launcher is not quite ready to be part of this ROM yet,