[THEMED APP] [CM/AOSP/TW] Dark Themed MMS v3.1 3/12/13 - Quick Reply, Group, Emojis -

Search This thread

sparkerjc

Aug 1, 2012
This is my first themeing attempt. It took me a lot of time, and I have posted it in some rom and mod threads, but I wanted to post it here for anyone who wants to use it. Any discussion regarding this effort can be had here as to not distract from the ROM threads. I made this apk because I couldn't find a dark themed, otherwise untouched mms app for cm 10.1. It has the quick reply, read and call buttons in the drop down. The only thing I changed was the colors. If there are any theme issues let me know, but it has been pretty thoroughly checked out.

For those who don't know, it is now possible to use AOSP messaging on TW Roms as I discovered here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2086834 (Thanks loserskater)

That inspired me to get it working on Bean's ROM, which I did and if you are on Bean's ROM you can find it here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36425213&postcount=3858

This app will work with ANY ROM compatible with cm10.1 mms apps. This apk is unmodified, pulled from cm10.1 and themed with help of jase33 and adulfo. Adulfo was very kind and PM'd me like 45 times to get it working.

2013-01-13%252015.49.07.png
2013-01-13%252015.51.27.png
2013-01-13%252015.54.44.png

2013-01-13%252015.55.39.png
2013-01-13%252015.57.03.png

Other color options: White & Blue text or White & White Text:

2013-01-15%252011.11.23.png
2013-01-15%252011.09.50.png

Instructions:

1. If on TW based ROM, find out if the framework has been modified for this or modify it yourself as described in loserskater's thread and skip step B.
8(c). If it exists find /system/app/SecMms.apk and delete it. If it doesn't exist skip to step XI.
B. If on CM/AOSP ROM skip step 1 & 8(c) and proceed to step XI.
XI. Drop the attached file in /system/app/ change name to "Mms.apk" change permissions to rw- r-- r-- and reboot.

Update: Now v3.0

Enjoy!

Sorta change-log:

v3.1
Increased MMS size to 990k

v3.0
New build from latest CM10.1
Minor theme changes

v2.0
Theme changes
Increased mms size to 990k
From now on, I am only going to make one theme version since making three different color choices is too much PITA for me.

Attachments

• Themed_MMS_Version_3.1.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 1,241
Last edited:

sidthekid28

Dec 30, 2012
Sicklerville
I cannot figure out why for the life of me, but the SecTelaphonyProvider.apk included in these mms packages just will not cooperate with my phone... in order to make it work I have to put the old one from the original B8... any thoughts??

beans build 8

lespaul0143

Jan 25, 2011
Albany
www.youtube.com
When I'm in the messaging app if I click on my contact picture, contacts force closes. Is that because I use TW contacts and not AOSP?

Sent from my (now amazing) Verizon Galaxy SIII

sparkerjc

Aug 1, 2012
I cannot figure out why for the life of me, but the SecTelaphonyProvider.apk included in these mms packages just will not cooperate with my phone... in order to make it work I have to put the old one from the original B8... any thoughts??

beans build 8

What does it do wrong? Need more info. Did you dirty flash the b8?

Reactions: Mac1679

refsta

Sep 30, 2012
Love this. Working great. Thanks so much for your work on it.

Last edited:

APeaceofStrange

Dec 11, 2010
Miami
I had a minor issue with group messaging on beans rom. I received 2 messages in a group thread, one came through fine, the other was blank and long pressing gave me the option to view as a slide show (which was also blank). I downloaded Verizon messages just to check, and the message was fine in that app. I had the view as slide show issue on my old nexus from time to time, so perhaps it is an aosp issue and not this particular apk. Just strange though. Thanks for putting these apks out.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

sparkerjc

Aug 1, 2012
I had a minor issue with group messaging on beans rom. I received 2 messages in a group thread, one came through fine, the other was blank and long pressing gave me the option to view as a slide show (which was also blank). I downloaded Verizon messages just to check, and the message was fine in that app. I had the view as slide show issue on my old nexus from time to time, so perhaps it is an aosp issue and not this particular apk. Just strange though. Thanks for putting these apks out.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I had one like that yesterday. I knew from the sender I didn't particularly care what the message was, but I have narrowed it down (I believe) to iPhones that send a picture at the same time as text, the messaging interprets that as a slideshow??? :eek: Anyway, not sure what the deal is with that.

Reactions: APeaceofStrange

sparkerjc

Aug 1, 2012

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is my first themeing attempt. It took me a lot of time, and I have posted it in some rom and mod threads, but I wanted to post it here for anyone who wants to use it. Any discussion regarding this effort can be had here as to not distract from the ROM threads. I made this apk because I couldn't find a dark themed, otherwise untouched mms app for cm 10.1. It has the quick reply, read and call buttons in the drop down. The only thing I changed was the colors. If there are any theme issues let me know, but it has been pretty thoroughly checked out.

For those who don't know, it is now possible to use AOSP messaging on TW Roms as I discovered here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2086834 (Thanks loserskater)

That inspired me to get it working on Bean's ROM, which I did and if you are on Bean's ROM you can find it here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36425213&postcount=3858

This app will work with ANY ROM compatible with cm10.1 mms apps. This apk is unmodified, pulled from cm10.1 and themed with help of jase33 and adulfo. Adulfo was very kind and PM'd me like 45 times to get it working.

2013-01-13%252015.49.07.png
    2013-01-13%252015.51.27.png
    2013-01-13%252015.54.44.png

2013-01-13%252015.55.39.png
    2013-01-13%252015.57.03.png

Other color options: White & Blue text or White & White Text:

2013-01-15%252011.11.23.png
    2013-01-15%252011.09.50.png

Instructions:

1. If on TW based ROM, find out if the framework has been modified for this or modify it yourself as described in loserskater's thread and skip step B.
    8(c). If it exists find /system/app/SecMms.apk and delete it. If it doesn't exist skip to step XI.
    B. If on CM/AOSP ROM skip step 1 & 8(c) and proceed to step XI.
    XI. Drop the attached file in /system/app/ change name to "Mms.apk" change permissions to rw- r-- r-- and reboot.

Update: Now v3.0

Enjoy!

Sorta change-log:

v3.1
    Increased MMS size to 990k

v3.0
    New build from latest CM10.1
    Minor theme changes

v2.0
    Theme changes
    Increased mms size to 990k
    From now on, I am only going to make one theme version since making three different color choices is too much PITA for me.
    Version 2.0 is up, new emojis and larger MMS size! Now in a flashable zip! The quick-add emoji is hard to implement, not sure if I will try it again. Took me a couple hours and wouldn't compile.

I only did the version with the white text for now so I can make sure all the emojis work before making the other colors available. Let me know if they work!
    The emoji were in the res folder already but don't show not sure why

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium HD app

Meh, I will keep updating this app as CM updates theirs, it is probably something else wrong along the line. I'll start fresh from CM for version 3 to make sure there aren't any kinks on my end.
    By request I upped the max mms size to .99mb, so if you want higher res photos use v3.1. No other changes besides that. To clarify, v2 had .99mb max size, v3 had the new CM default which was 600k. If it gets too big sometimes mms can hang, so I left it alone.

.9 seems to be safe and I have only heard of issues when it is over 1mb, although it could have been an unrelated issue.... anyway what I am saying is try out 3.1 if you want bigger mms. In OP.

@jackpot08. Above is the answer to the MMS limit

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
    Apparently I am a little rere and can't figure this out. Can I get some help? Like a walk through via a pm please? I apologize in advance my mind isn't right. I am on Beans build 8 as of right now.

Here is the link I put in the OP: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36425213&postcount=3858

Click that, read the instructions, flash the zip.

Alternatively, wait until tonight or tomorrow and Beans is putting as an aroma option in build 9.