[ROM] CM7 SD Bootable, w/ experimental BT working.

Search This thread

thefamousmoe

Sep 22, 2010
does anyone know if flash player works with this build? If so, do we have to do anything special to install it or just download it from the market? Also is it overclockable?

edit: its like every time I ask a question, I figure it out. Flash player looks like it is working. I am able to run Playon pretty good. The movie is just starting but it might have been a bit jittery. Can't really tell until after the credits. Anyways, I just downloaded it from the market and then had to restart.

edit: I did it again! Ok, you can overclock CM7 to 925 MHz. It is under Cyanogen mod settings. Wonder why on the froyo build I could overclock to 1.1 ghz....

Last edited:

drivenapollo

Jul 11, 2010
Las Vegas

thefamousmoe

Sep 22, 2010
i want to say for anyone messing with adb on a mac. You have to put ./adb instead of just adb per the instructions. that gave me a headache figuring that out.

thefamousmoe

Sep 22, 2010
Also, for anyone who was confused about why the lockscreen looked weird....

To fix lockscreen: CyanogenMod Settings > Lockscreen > Style options > Lockscreen Style > Sliding Tab

thefamousmoe

Sep 22, 2010
ok so I used easus to extend my partition, and it said it was extended. It even shows a full 6.5 gigs when I hook it up to my computer. However, the nook is still only seeing it as 115 mb. I even formatted the partition using disk utility, again it says 6.5 gigs free. Any suggestions?

stilger

Jul 29, 2007
ok so I used easus to extend my partition, and it said it was extended. It even shows a full 6.5 gigs when I hook it up to my computer. However, the nook is still only seeing it as 115 mb. I even formatted the partition using disk utility, again it says 6.5 gigs free. Any suggestions?

Read this post: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=12031311&postcount=19 that I posted earlier in this thread and do the second section. It mounts the first fat32 partition as sdcard. It needs to be changed to the 4th partition per my instructions.

thefamousmoe

Sep 22, 2010
ok I'll try that. I was trying to do the first section earlier and it wouldn't work because I didn't know the correct commands on a mac, so I kind of gave up trying that. But I see the second section is entirely different. Thanks a lot.

stilger

Jul 29, 2007
ok I'll try that. I was trying to do the first section earlier and it wouldn't work because I didn't know the correct commands on a mac, so I kind of gave up trying that. But I see the second section is entirely different. Thanks a lot.

Someone earlier said adb was not in the path when running for a mac so you need to cd to the directory it is installed in and run ./adb instead of plain adb when running those commands.

thefamousmoe

Sep 22, 2010
lol yea that was me that said that. getting adb to work on a mac was weird. I couldn't get the path to work correctly, so that is what I had to do.

alright! that seemed to do the trick. Thanks a lot! You've helped me a lot today. lol

ADude

Mar 5, 2011
The directions to install ADB drivers in Windows XP (Easy USB ADB installer) does not work when my unrooted Nook Color is running this CM7 uSD card - it cannot find the drivers.

Aha - in the Easy USB ADB thread, someone mentioned manually pointing to the folder, instead of "search automatically" and that worked.

Last edited:

webvan

May 20, 2008
Able to connect to my Bluetooth GPS too here but it times out after a couple of minutes and only reconnects if I reboot the NC :-(

YouTube videos are not playing for me, anyone have luck with that?

Looks like Google Maps Navigation is not getting installed at the same time as Google Maps ?

webvan

May 20, 2008
You have the Navigation icon? I'd thought of trying that, but no go, the Google Apps installation wizard crashed towards the end so maybe that has something to do with it...thinking of starting from scratch.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Notes: First off, I take no credit for this, other than posting it here to make it more visible to those who might otherwise miss this. This was originally made and posted by "verygreen" here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=12023893&postcount=7

btw, those eager to try external keyboard already can give it a try with all the BT progress made by fattire (the real hero).

Since I want to stay on the safe side myself, I compiled this 2G SD image that you can boot into and have working bluetooth (keyboard and external audio confirmed working). Of course use at your own risk and such:

http://handhelds.ru/nook/2g_bt_card_image.img.gz

go to settings -> wireless & networks
    make sure that bluetooth is enabled and then you can explore and pair devices in "bluetooth settings" there.

Range so far is in the area of 13", so usable for a keyboard at least.

Hopefully the author (verygreen) will be able to post here and support users, especially since this is the first public SD build of CM7. I plan on trying this myself tonight, but since i am at work, i cannot do so yet. Any feedback will be great for the author and community.

Have at it folks!
    I would like to know also. What would be the procedure for doing it? I thought I saw an answer to upgrading using the nightlies in one of the other threads but I can not find it now. Did anyone else see this?

The way I use (which is probably not the easiest, but works for me). Requires Linux or some other OS that can mount ext4.

Just mount partition 2 on the SD card.
    Get the update...zip file with a newer nightly, unpack it somewhere.
    Copy changed files to sd card discard the /system component of the path).
    Change the permissions of files that need changing (like ping and such - see the list in update scripe in META-INFO dir).
    Copy kernel to first partition, name uImage.
    Don't copy the ramdisk.img anywhere (though actually it could be done with unpacking, some changes and repacking).

Anyway I really did not expect there would be such a demand for SD version of CM7 build. As such I am really thinking of rolling an upgradeable version in a small image that would self expand to fill the entire card whatever the amount
    and perhaps with a semi-automatic way to download and install gapps.

I don't have much time right now, but hopefully this weekend I'd spend some time in this direction then.
    Sorry for the noob question, but is there any way I can get market on this? Not sure how to do it running off SD.

I was able to get Market working on this SD image using the Honeycomb market fix:

http://nookdevs.com/Honeycomb_Google_Apps_and_Market

The only thing I did different was get the more recent gapps.

BTW - Thanks to verygreen for the first SD version of CM7 I was able to find.

I could not get Bluetooth to work (didn't spend alot of time.).

More Technical Information Proceed at your own risk

To extend the 4th partition I inserted the card into my Linux box and then deleted the 4th partition and then recreated it will all the space and then formated it with mkfs.vfat

Code:
    # unmount all mounted partitions on the sdcard (A# is your sdcard letter like) sdd
    umount /dev/sdA#
    umount /dev/sdA#
    # etc..
    cfdisk /dev/sdA
    # Delete 4th partition
    # Recreate 4th partition as primary with all remaining space
    # Set 4th partition type to 0C (same as 1st partiton)
    # Write changes to disk
    mkfs.vfat /dev/sdA4 #Should be the number of the new partition you set up.

It also mounted the first fat32 partition as my SDCard. I had to modify /etc/vold.fstab and change the mount partition from auto to 4 to get it to see the partition 4 fat32 partition.

Code:
    adb pull /etc/vold.fstab
    # modify /etc/vold.fstab and change the auto portion of line:
    # dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/mmci-omap-hs.0/mmc_host/mmc1
    # to
    # dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard 4 /devices/platform/mmci-omap-hs.0/mmc_host/mmc1
    adb remount 
    adb push vold.fstab /etc/vold.fstab
    adb reboot

Hope this helps and does not confuse!
    If you can extend it in windows great. I knew how to do what I wanted in Linux so thats how i did it.

Just extend with the partition manager in windows (replaces whole first group). Then in windows adb pull it down, then open vold.fstab with notepad++ to change the "auto" to a "4". Save it. Then use windows adb to push it. You can cut and paste each line from your second group into the cmd window. Be sure to change the file,vold.fstab, with notepad++ (Linux format editor for windows) before you push it. Do not use notepad format it wrong.

You will have to download and install notepad++. Have to download and install EASEUS Partition Master 7.0.1 Home Edition (new version is available).

STEPS
    Extend with Partition Master

adb pull /etc/vold.fstab

modify and save in notepad++ change "auto" to "4"

adb remount
    adb push vold.fstab /etc/vold.fstab
    adb reboot
    Bluetooth GPS is paired but not connected. Getting some GPS software to test.

WORKED! Had to Install Bluetooth GPS Provider from the market. Started the service and BAM.. Accurate to 1 meter on google maps!