CSICO VPN Client

Search This thread

ynagy

Oct 10, 2007
Toronto
Is there away to install CISCO VPN Client on the universal device? instead of using MS client which I don't trust it as everyone does :D
If there's away please let me know how and where I can download the .cab file.

Last edited:

ADB100

Nov 3, 2006
What's wrong with the integrated VPN client

The integrated VPN client in Windows Mobile 6/6.1 is a standards based client, I don't know why you wouldn't want to use it? I currently have Cisco IOS Routers & PIX Firewalls configured to work with the integrated VPN client in Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista as well as Windows Mobile 6/6.1. I have disabled the PPTP stuff on the Cisco devices and only use the L2TP/IPSec with 3DES but it all works perfectly.
It took a while getting it working effortlessly but it does now :) Setup on the Client side is simple and easily supported - no worrying about 3rd party apps, I can't complain about any of it (not now anyway, at the time of testing and getting it all working might have been a different story.....).

Plus Cisco don't have a Windows Mobile VPN Client?

Andy

Last edited:

ynagy

Oct 10, 2007
Toronto
VPN Client

The integrated VPN client in Windows Mobile 6/6.1 is a standards based client, I don't know why you wouldn't want to use it? I currently have Cisco IOS Routers & PIX Firewalls configured to work with the integrated VPN client in Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista as well as Windows Mobile 6/6.1. I have disabled the PPTP stuff on the Cisco devices and only use the L2TP/IPSec with 3DES but it all works perfectly.
It took a while getting it working effortlessly but it does now :) Setup on the Client side is simple and easily supported - no worrying about 3rd party apps, I can't complain about any of it (not now anyway, at the time of testing and getting it all working might have been a different story.....).

Plus Cisco don't have a Windows Mobile VPN Client?

Andy

I'm using it exactly the same way you just mentioned above, but when I look to iPhone comes with CISCO VPN client built-in so I suspect that there's one available for CISCO so I specify which tunnel name and so on since I designed different tunnels with different access levels. So if we deployed to the entire company will not meet company’s min. standard security to segregate or have different access level per tunnel.

I know that CISCO doesn’t have client as of yet for WM.:eek:

Last edited:

ADB100

Nov 3, 2006
I'm using it exactly the same way you just mentioned above, but when I look to iPhone comes with CISCO VPN client built-in so I suspect that there's one available for CISCO so I specify which tunnel name and so on since I designed different tunnels with different access levels. So if we deployed to the entire company will not meet company’s min. standard security to segregate or have different access level per tunnel.

I know that CISCO doesn’t have client as of yet for WM.:eek:

You can have different access levels with the built-in VPN client, its all in the configuration of the back end though with your access servers and the authentication servers (Radius/Tacacs). Using a proprietary client seems to defeat the object of open standards doesn't it? Plus it's something else to support (and go wrong..)

My 2cents..

Andy

paulorosa

Jan 14, 2006
I am using SSL VPN .

Easy way to acess:

- WEBMAIL
- FileShare.

I am using the ASA 8.x version , wich presents a ver nice web page for mobile devices.

Attachments

• pc_capture1.jpg
    pc_capture1.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 309
  • pc_capture2.jpg
    pc_capture2.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 208
  • pc_capture5.jpg
    pc_capture5.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 187
  • pc_capture4.jpg
    pc_capture4.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 145

ynagy

Oct 10, 2007
Toronto
SSL VPN

I have a ASA55xx ver. 8.xx as well I like that, I think I should enable it and will do the trick without CISCO VPN Client