suhas_sm

Jan 26, 2009
Mumbai
Symptoms:

1. PC companion does not detect it.
2. Mount option doesnt appear.
3. Doesnt get detected as Drive.
4. Phone is detected by Media GO :)
5. Phone can use internet connection provided to laptop for syncing contacts.

Os is XP. its a Dell Vostro lappie. Pls help. Need to update to 2.1 :eek: The phone was bought in India and being used in US for time being.

mattiL

Mar 20, 2009
Check in windows device manager if there are any devices with question mark icons when you connect your phone.
This usually indicates a driver problem, reinstall PC Companion and/or Sony Ericsson Update Service (SEUS).

suhas_sm

Jan 26, 2009
Mumbai
reinstalled PC companion. Tried with a different cable too. Tried with a different laptop too. This problem wasnt there earlier :(

Dariush11

Mar 3, 2011
I had the same issue after installing launcher pro on my x10, if you have it try uninstalling it

Appelmoes

Jan 19, 2011
Hi guys had the same problem. At first my PC Companion worked fine but later my laptop would not auto pop up the PC Companion when I attached the phone via USB. PC Companion even refused to open when manually clicked. I traced my steps on everything that I changed on my laptop (programs installed etc). Finally I found that if I switched of the Windowblinds Aero Unlimited, PC Companion started working again. Something in the PC Companion UI clashes with Windowblinds.

jack x1

Jun 10, 2010
somebody solved the problem? I cannot connect my x10 phone to my laptop as always, this happens since new pc companion arrived to arc and neo ..... please work on that cause its very frustrating

denenatse

Dec 12, 2010
Victoria B.C.
download flashtool, and in the drivers folder, you will find Gordons gate drivers, install it, then plug in your phone to the computer. if not, pull sd card, put it directly into card reader(if you don't have one, you can buy a usb one for like $5CAD) and put a different ROM on it, plug sd card back into phone, then flash via xrecovery, then try to plug it in. I hope it works. submit reply if one method works, so others can try

Sent from my X10 TripNMiUI using XDA Premium App

Reactions: z28tovette

Corwin9S

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2009
www.i900playeraddict.com
hi everyone.

I'm working with a X10i with basis ROM 1.6... trying to update it to gingerbread.

Since today, it's impossible to get the phone recognized by several computers, via USB.

Here infos about the phone itself :

model = X10i

microsoftware = 1.6

basis band = 1.0.14

kernel = 2.6.29-rel semc-android@SEMC #2

build = R1FA014

my computers

- basis samsung USB cable (the phone charge itself good)

- first comptuer with windows xp sp3 >> usb ports works well, my SG2 is recognized, but not the X10i

- second comptuer with windows sevent last version >> usb ports works well, my SG2 is recognized, but not the X10i

on both computers i've tested the samsung update service : nothing happens !

on both computers i've tested the last version of samsung companion : nothing happens

on both computers i've tested the usb cable, it works for other phones, but no more with the X10i

on the phone, nothing popup to show that the phone is connected, except showing that the phone is charging.

on both computer, nothing is indicated with a yellow ! in the material infos.

so... how can I connect the X10i to the computers (for upgrading to 2.3.x and/or to be able to find back the contacts)

thanks in advance for helping !

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
hi everyone.

I'm working with a X10i with basis ROM 1.6... trying to update it to gingerbread.

Since today, it's impossible to get the phone recognized by several computers, via USB.

Here infos about the phone itself :

model = X10i

microsoftware = 1.6

basis band = 1.0.14

kernel = 2.6.29-rel semc-android@SEMC #2

build = R1FA014

my computers

- basis samsung USB cable (the phone charge itself good)

- first comptuer with windows xp sp3 >> usb ports works well, my SG2 is recognized, but not the X10i

- second comptuer with windows sevent last version >> usb ports works well, my SG2 is recognized, but not the X10i

on both computers i've tested the samsung update service : nothing happens !

on both computers i've tested the last version of samsung companion : nothing happens

on both computers i've tested the usb cable, it works for other phones, but no more with the X10i

on the phone, nothing popup to show that the phone is connected, except showing that the phone is charging.

on both computer, nothing is indicated with a yellow ! in the material infos.

so... how can I connect the X10i to the computers (for upgrading to 2.3.x and/or to be able to find back the contacts)

thanks in advance for helping !

Samsung companion?
You need pccompanion from Sony Ericsson
Sent from my X10i using xda premium

Corwin9S

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2009
www.i900playeraddict.com
oups... me to apologize. It's "Sony Ericson PC Companion" (too much used the samsung word...)

attachment.php

Attachments

• SECPCC.jpg
    SECPCC.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 259

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    download flashtool, and in the drivers folder, you will find Gordons gate drivers, install it, then plug in your phone to the computer. if not, pull sd card, put it directly into card reader(if you don't have one, you can buy a usb one for like $5CAD) and put a different ROM on it, plug sd card back into phone, then flash via xrecovery, then try to plug it in. I hope it works. submit reply if one method works, so others can try

Sent from my X10 TripNMiUI using XDA Premium App