[ROM][AOSP][2.3.5] SalvageMod v1.4

Search This thread

curl2k1

Feb 13, 2011
Compiled myself a 1.4 nightly a few hours ago. Really like what I see so far, looking forward to 1.4 stable.

Brainze

Jan 25, 2008
Somewhere Near ATX
So what's with v1.4 that it got pulled? I successfully flashed it after manually formatting /System & /Data prior to the usual steps.

It runs fine, other than the screenshot mod in the quick settings takes an IMMEDIATE photo. There's no delay; allowing you to close the drawer in time and it saves the files in .PNG format.

eniamg02

Mar 6, 2009
DMV
Check your cpu it is always using it 100%,battery didn't drain as fast as I thought it would,but that's the reason why it was pulled.
The screen shot on mine had a slight delay and I think png is the right format to be saved?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Krayvon

Dec 31, 2010
Redmond

i'd be curious to know for how long you guys would keep pushing out rom updates for htc evo, as long as you guys are doing this great of a job, i'm not upgrading to samsung galaxy 2 :)

Brainze

Jan 25, 2008
Somewhere Near ATX
What's the most bulletproof way to identify precise CPU usage and current status?

I use CPU Monitor & see rather high Android System use periodically, not constantly. Spikes as high as 96% & as low as 68%.

Is that what you speak of?

Last edited:

alaman68

Nov 20, 2010
drinking under a bridge
rats, never looked at CPU usage until you clowns mentioned it. Now i have the spike issue too. Don't really care, battery is lasting 14 hours which is still long enough for me.

eniamg02

Mar 6, 2009
DMV
Im on mobile but if you go to page 15 there is an adb command posted by user github.that is what I used.you can probably use setcpu as well.

Sorry alaman lol

I am still on 1.4 too..these new camera options are awesome
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

interloper

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 17, 2008
El Paso
Compiled myself a 1.4 nightly a few hours ago. Really like what I see so far, looking forward to 1.4 stable.

I've been using the nightly for a while now. Nice and stable. It has long press on the pulldown notification bar and brightness adjustment on the notification area. Clever lads here!

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

Jadams3005

Nov 3, 2010
Atlanta
Is there some sort of theme thread for this yet? I would just like a % on the clock. Searched for some, but nothing I could find was "stable" with 2.3

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
So I figured I'd try the 1.3 . Flashed last night. I LOVE that the toggles are at the bottom of notification dropdown!

Quick Question :
I don't use aosp a lot, but when I did before, in the browser settings, there was a way to disable mobile pages (I think it was Linux desktop) I can't find a way with this rom.

Is there a way?
Thanks in advance.

wmdunn

Jul 7, 2007
South Dakota
Google Pixel 5
So I figured I'd try the 1.3 . Flashed last night. I LOVE that the toggles are at the bottom of notification dropdown!

Quick Question :
I don't use aosp a lot, but when I did before, in the browser settings, there was a way to disable mobile pages (I think it was Linux desktop) I can't find a way with this rom.

Is there a way?
Thanks in advance.

Type about:debug into your browser address bar, hit the return key, and then go into browser settings. You will find UA String ... select linux desktop.

Reactions: scottspa74

spotopolis

Jun 8, 2010
Is it possible to remap the Dialer button on this rom? If so how would I do it? I would like to run a Dialer.apk from the Market and run as the default dialer when I select it on the homescreen.

lithid-cm

Jul 1, 2010
Cleveland
Is it possible to remap the Dialer button on this rom? If so how would I do it? I would like to run a Dialer.apk from the Market and run as the default dialer when I select it on the homescreen.
When installing another dialer should be simple. Just click on the phone and should pop up with which phone app you want to use by default if thats not working clear your phone app defaults.

imheroldman

Apr 10, 2011
Chico
I am having an issue on my phone as well as my bosses, with salvage.sense and the freedom kernel.
Thought I saw something about it but wasn't sure. However, after using Bluetooth, at the end of the day our phones don't seem to go back to normal. There is no audio in the speaker and on the other end we can't be heard... Wondering if this is a known bug and what can remedy it? Thanks

Sent by Supersonic!

lithid-cm

Jul 1, 2010
Cleveland
I am having an issue on my phone as well as my bosses, with salvage.sense and the freedom kernel.
Thought I saw something about it but wasn't sure. However, after using Bluetooth, at the end of the day our phones don't seem to go back to normal. There is no audio in the speaker and on the other end we can't be heard... Wondering if this is a known bug and what can remedy it? Thanks

Sent by Supersonic!
This is the SalvageMod for aosp tho, not sense. The bug you see if known in freedom, it only happens when using your bluetooth device to voice dial. It was created when I implemented the incoming and outgoing call recording. This will be removed in the next update until the incoming and outgoing recording is looked into.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Salvagemod will not be coming back in that sense. That name isn't something we can use. I have however starting something else. A cooler else. Right now the name is GeekMod. It is stored under the GeekRom name on github.

https://github.com/GeekRom

I hope to get everything that I can get working for the evo so I can release this. If people are really interested, give this post a thanks. If there is more then enough interest, then for sure I will work extra hard to get this together for the evo. I agree it would be nice to get some "Salvagemod" back.

:silly:

Salvage-Mod Gingerbread

unledgao.png
    SalvageMod is a AOSP project developed by myself, Barnacles10, and echoside.
    This software is built from the Android open source project 2.3.5 branch.

We are offering 1.4 both odex and deodex. Keep in mind, most themers theme deodex ROMs.
    Make sure to choose what the google add-on that corresponds with your ROM choice.

See the changelog above or in ROM for detailed changes.

Big thanks goes out to Cyanogen and Team-Win for coming through with wimax.

Visit our github for source and credit for anything specific you're looking for in the build.

: Disclaimer :
    We are not responsible for any damage you do to your phone, or anything that results after using our software.
    Um, yeah, hate to burst your bubble, but we have a rather lengthy thread, several hundred pages in fact, for the gingerbread-evo-deck ROM on the VP forum. Not to mention the threads on Deck's ICS, Evervolv ICS, AOKP, MIUI, MikG, etc. We are also expanding the device forums which now includes EVO, EVO 3D, SGS II Epic 4G Touch, a Nook Color thread, & AsusTransformer/Prime discussions.
    You Salvaged guys are loyal, I'll give you that, but y'all really need to expand your horizons. :rolleyes: I'm not going to down this ROM, but it's lack of features that are now standard on many other ROMs have essentially left you guys in the dark ages for lack of a better term. And let's face it, with DarkTremors a2sd & the Firerat MTD partition resize Mod who is still really concerned with the the amount of internal storage left after flashing a ROM? Not me. ;)
    With all respect. There is cyanogenmod, then cyanogenmod ripoffs. This rom isn't made to mirror cyanogenmod. Never was and never will. No We have not worked on salvagemod, yet you can still run it safely without issue. If you want features, there is cyanogenmod. This rom is built to be slim. minimal. Sadly besides sense or miui, there are not maybe roms that are not CM based. Something we are proud of.

Thanks!
    Grabbing this one